It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Does America now have an Islamic commander and chief?

page: 2
10
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
True, but keep in mind the true commander in chief are the elite and the corporations they run. Obama is not the commander in chief and he does not pull the strings. This is a fantasy. in the end it doesn't matter his religion because he doesn't do # without getting approval from his higher ups..




posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It matters not what religion he is. It matters whether he holds our interests at heart. Seemingly... He does not.

That is the problem.



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by gdeed
 


Obama is trying to show religious tolerance. It is not a bad idea. Not all moslems are terrorists. A number of moslems died in 9/11. Even more of them must have inhaled the carbonised and airborne flesh of their fellow religionists if they were in NY on that day.

It is really up to see whether the decent moslems will prevail over the handfull of fundamentalists.


You mean the kind of religious tolerance Islamic countries show to non Muslims? Obama has no business espousing Islam. As a closet Muslim he should keep his religion to himself. Had he ran as a Muslim and won that would be a different story. The man hides his true intentions for America.



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed
 


I assume you are not Christian, then? I always thought the teaching was to turn the other cheek. In other words, when someone is bad mouthing you, you don't turn up the heat by slapping them. If things are ever to calm down, someone has to say, "I don't really care what you say, you are not going to get a response from me".

BTW, I don't really care what religion you are. I used that to make a point. Retaliation and hatred are not always the answer. If you are confident and steady in your beliefs, there is no reason to retaliate.

[edit on 8-14-2010 by rogerstigers]



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

As far as millions of muslims killing millions of muslims... Honestly, the same could be said for Christians and Bhuddists and Hindus. I personally just see humans killing other humans over petty crap.

[edit on 8-14-2010 by rogerstigers]


America was a christian country but no more. Little chance it will become Bhuddist or Hindus or anything else. Becoming a Muslim country is very probable and taking place slowly. Yes we know people kill people for all kinds of reasons, and Muslims kill people and persecute them simply because they are infidels, non believers of islam.



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed
 


Ok.

And how about the entire majority of presidents that sometimes were very openly christian.

Does that count as religious fervor?

All the constitution states is that the government shall not pass a law favoring or against a religion.

And Obama is not a muslim.



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by gdeed
 


I assume you are not Christian, then? I always thought the teaching was to turn the other cheek. In other words, when someone is bad mouthing you, you don't turn up the heat by slapping them. If things are ever to calm down, someone has to say, "I don't really care what you say, you are not going to get a response from me".

BTW, I don't really care what religion you are. I used that to make a point. Retaliation and hatred are not always the answer. If you are confident and steady in your beliefs, there is no reason to retaliate.

[edit on 8-14-2010 by rogerstigers]


I'm not a christian, turning the other cheek only gives your adversary another chance to knock you out how smart is that?



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed
Does America now have an Islamic commander and chief?
[edit on 14-8-2010 by gdeed]


Hmmm.

Uh, yep.



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed
 


How else would you explain a chief executive (he is no "commander in chief) who abandons The National Day of Prayer in 2009 and 2010 "in the name of religion," yet endorse "Freedom of Religion" for a property development project of the nephew of the Arab League. (SOHO Properties partners Sharif El-Gamal, and Nour Mousa)

(Of course, Obama's statement to Stephanopoulos about his "Muslim faith," was just a slip of the tongue, right? Right; a 'Freudian' slip.)
Chicago Sun-Times
YouTube

deny ignorance

jw



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe
Yes, everyone keep pretending that the mosque's location, ground breaking date (9-11-11), and comments from its leading proponent are completely inconsequential to the argument of why it should not be built where it is proposed to be built.


It's a very good idea to do some research before you go about spreading disinformation on ATS and elsewhere. At least one of the things you state here is a lie.



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed
I'm not a christian, turning the other cheek only gives your adversary another chance to knock you out how smart is that?


Matter of opinion, really. I have seen things from your point of view before, as well. If someone is threatening myself or my loved ones with a serious threat of physical violence, then I will be prepared to defend myself. However, if it is all sound and fury, signifying nothing, then I will not acknowledge their words.

I personally don't think this country *can* be converted into a Islamic theocracy -- at least not within the next couple of centuries. I do see a good possibility that the country will destabilize, though, to the point that our federal system falls apart. I don't see that being the fault of Islam, though. It is because we have as a culture gotten fat and lazy and forgotten what it means to fight for your freedoms.



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by gdeed
 


Obama is trying to show religious tolerance. It is not a bad idea. Not all moslems are terrorists. A number of moslems died in 9/11. Even more of them must have inhaled the carbonised and airborne flesh of their fellow religionists if they were in NY on that day.

It is really up to see whether the decent moslems will prevail over the handfull of fundamentalists.


You mean the kind of religious tolerance Islamic countries show to non Muslims? Obama has no business espousing Islam. As a closet Muslim he should keep his religion to himself. Had he ran as a Muslim and won that would be a different story. The man hides his true intentions for America.


I am sure if he was a muslim he would have run as one. Of course then you could not bash him for going to that loud mouthed Christian preacher he used to. And most Muslims are very tolerant of other religions. Of course you have some that are not tolerant at all but, much like the US that number is normally a small ignorant part of society.



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
From a different conversation I had today - this seemed fitting to share.
America was founded on religious freedom NOT as a Christian nation.

"Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting 'Jesus Christ,' so that it would read 'A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;' the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination."

-Thomas Jefferson, Autobiography, in reference to the Virginia Act for Religious Freedom



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by gdeed
 


How else would you explain a chief executive (he is no "commander in chief) who abandons The National Day of Prayer in 2009 and 2010 "in the name of religion," yet endorse "Freedom of Religion" for a property development project of the nephew of the Arab League. (SOHO Properties partners Sharif El-Gamal, and Nour Mousa)

(Of course, Obama's statement to Stephanopoulos about his "Muslim faith," was just a slip of the tongue, right? Right; a 'Freudian' slip.)
Chicago Sun-Times
YouTube

deny ignorance

jw


If you wish to deny ignorance why are you selling it here? Obama abandoned what now? Obama declares national day of prayer.



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by gdeed
 


Ok.

And how about the entire majority of presidents that sometimes were very openly christian.

Does that count as religious fervor?


America was a christian country back then, so no fervor.


All the constitution states is that the government shall not pass a law favoring or against a religion.

And Obama is not a muslim.


Obama in his book said that if push comes to shove he would side with Islam. What more need one say to proclaim where his heart is?



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Our President is protected in his religous beliefs, as is any other American, so who gives a frag if he is Muslim, Christian, or any mix thereof. Why should we care? (as long as his decissions for this country are not based on his religous affiliation, same as any other President)

But as to the OP, Yep he is the CIC.

I do have one question though:

How can we have a CIC who cannot hold a security clearance? Doesnt he need to see things deemed Secret, Top Secret, ATS (so to speak
), etc... to be able to make "educated" decisions on what is best for this country (at least as far as the millitary is concerned)?


[edit on 8/14/2010 by Ghost of Chewie]

[edit on 8/14/2010 by Ghost of Chewie]



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed
Obama in his book said that if push comes to shove he would side with Islam. What more need one say to proclaim where his heart is?



In context, the quote is not nearly so specific.



The actual quote from the book is from page 261 and is as follows: "Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."


Right Truth



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."


Does that mean we can throw him in a camp with them, if it ever comes to that?

Kidding!!


Good repy, in context it does read quite diffrent.

We do not need to twist his words to suite our needs, just look for the right ones, Believe me, he has said them.



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by gdeed
 



My comments are those without quotation marks.

"You mean the kind of religious tolerance Islamic countries show to non Muslims? "

Sorry we must be better than the fundamentalist Moslems. Those that know better must do so


"Obama has no business espousing Islam. "

Tolerance is not espousal.

"As a closet Muslim he should keep his religion to himself. Had he ran as a Muslim and won that would be a different story. "

Where is your proof of Obama being a moslem. Have you been in his closet? You might as well acuse him of being a grey. I know this is a conspiracy site but try to consider the likelihood of your comment.

"The man hides his true intentions for America. As has every president of the USA has so done."


Well I suppose I am now off your Xmas card list


[edit on 14-8-2010 by Tiger5]



posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by gdeed
Obama in his book said that if push comes to shove he would side with Islam. What more need one say to proclaim where his heart is?



In context, the quote is not nearly so specific.



The actual quote from the book is from page 261 and is as follows: "Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."


Right Truth


America should have learned something had America not interred Japanese, Germans and some others the world would all be speaking German or Japanese now. Perhaps that would have been better than what we now have.



new topics

top topics



 
10
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join