It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does America now have an Islamic commander and chief?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Doesn't our constitution protect us from religious fervor. Why would a president come out in favor of Islam, the religion that calls America the great satan?
America voted for change and got short-changed.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by gdeed]

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
No, the constitution does NOT protect us from religious fervor.

The constitution protects us from the establishment through active or passive legislation of a state religion as well protecting us from any legislation that prevents us from worshipping our god or gods in whatever way we deem fit.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We'd actually have to have a commander in chief, before we could have a muslim one. So far all we have is a lackey trying to destroy America from the inside, and being cheered on by fools not realizing what they are doing to themselves........as well as the rest of us.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by adifferentbreed]

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

Islam does not call America the great satan, a couple of fanatical Islamic leaders do. When and where did Obama come out in favor of Islam? Did he hold hands with an Islamic leader, like the president before him?

If Obama is so in favor of Islam, why is he carrying on wars that are killing thousands of Muslims?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

It's Obama's call.He is just another puppet of TPTB. IMO,you have not had a real president since.............oh yeah, that's right we are still waiting to see one.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by SunDawg]

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed
Doesn't our constitution protect us from religious fervor. Why would a president come out in favor of Islam, the religion that calls America the great satan?

Obama came out in favor of all religions by supporting the construction of the mosque (which I believe is what you are referring to).

Islam does not call America "the great satan". Islam has been around approximately a millennium before America was even colonized.

Here's something people like you have a lot of trouble understanding:

99.9% of Muslims are just ordinary, everyday people like you and me. They wake up, do the best they can to raise their families, eat, and sleep.

The 0.1% that make up the fanatics are the ones giving the rest of Islam a bad name. You are incorrectly making the assumption that the radicals speak for the much larger group of moderates.

Not all Catholics want to molest children.

Not all Christians want to blow up buildings.

Not all Jews are power hungry.

Not all Muslims are fanatics.

How you cannot draw these conclusions on your own baffles me. I thought simple deductive reasoning was a side effect of cognizance. I suppose I am mistaken.

EDIT: grammar

[edit on 14-8-2010 by drwizardphd]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Having Christian commander in chiefs hasn't stopped our presidents from going on murderous rampages and spreading propaganda lies on purpose to start wars like the Gulf of Tonkin. So, clearly you are getting bent out of shape over nothing. Religion has little to nothing to do with violence. Humans will be humans regardless of their religion.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yes, everyone keep pretending that the mosque's location, ground breaking date (9-11-11), and comments from its leading proponent are completely inconsequential to the argument of why it should not be built where it is proposed to be built.

President B. Hussein seems to be playing that same game. Yes, this is truly just a simple freedom of religion argument right? Good grief people how can you be so blind. There is absolutely nothing wrong with building a mosque. There is something wrong with the chosen location, the views of the gentleman trying to build it as well as its proposed inaugural ground breaking date.

Maybe they can build a recreational facility right next store that makes the participants feel like they are crashing into skyscrapers in a passenger jet. Kind of like a motion simulator ride in Disney world right? Its just entertainment right? What could possibly be wrong with that?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well I can just add this from the AP news article today and let it speak for itself...

President Barack Obama hosts an iftar dinner, the meal that breaks the dawn-to-dusk fast for Muslims during the holy month of Ramadan, in the State Dining Room at the White House in Washington, Friday, Aug. 13, 2010

I'm not sure if any other president in recent history has had a religious meal hosted in the WH but it kinda speaks to me that Obama is more muslim than his name alone. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BuffaloJoe

Completely irrelevant. We are a nation of laws. No laws have been broken. Your have the right to your opinion, absolutely, but the Mosque must go on.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by gdeed

Islam does not call America the great satan, a couple of fanatical Islamic leaders do.

Yep.

As well as many fanatical Christians view America as wicked and evil.

It's just what they do.
I don't get why people get so worked up about it.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel Jack
Well I can just add this from the AP news article today and let it speak for itself...

President Barack Obama hosts an iftar dinner, the meal that breaks the dawn-to-dusk fast for Muslims during the holy month of Ramadan, in the State Dining Room at the White House in Washington, Friday, Aug. 13, 2010

I'm not sure if any other president in recent history has had a religious meal hosted in the WH but it kinda speaks to me that Obama is more muslim than his name alone. Go figure.

This is also a non-issue:

Hosting his fifth Iftar dinner October 17 at the White House, President Bush spoke of the spirit and compassion of Islam and thanked the Muslims nations that have joined the coalition in the War on Terror.

From an article dated October 18, 2005. President Bush Hosts Iftar Dinner at White House

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

How dare you destroy a partisan attack on Obama!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

LOL.. I am the hard stone by which all blades are dulled.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Springheel Jack

Dear friend, before you make statements like that, it is best to do a google search. "President Bush" + iftar brought 7800 results.

[edit on 14/8/2010 by christianpatrick]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by gdeed

Islam does not call America the great satan, a couple of fanatical Islamic leaders do. When and where did Obama come out in favor of Islam? Did he hold hands with an Islamic leader, like the president before him?

If Obama is so in favor of Islam, why is he carrying on wars that are killing thousands of Muslims?

There is a lot of Muslims killing Muslims in the Middle east. Even they don't get along with each other. Millions of Muslims believe America is the great satan not just a couple.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdeedThere is a lot of Muslims killing Muslims in the Middle east. Even they don't get along with each other. Millions of Muslims believe America is the great satan not just a couple.

Unsure about your "millions of muslims", but yeah, I am sure there are a few. Of course, you have to consider that the Muslim religion views Al Satan as "The great advesary" which theologically is described as a sort of public defender who's purpose is to defend the souls of Muslims before god during the great judgement.

Course, that may be picking nits as all religious zealots and scared followers tend to translate their religious texts in whatever way makes them feel like they are right.

As far as millions of muslims killing millions of muslims... Honestly, the same could be said for Christians and Bhuddists and Hindus. I personally just see humans killing other humans over petty crap.

[edit on 8-14-2010 by rogerstigers]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

Obama is trying to show religious tolerance. It is not a bad idea. Not all moslems are terrorists. A number of moslems died in 9/11. Even more of them must have inhaled the carbonised and airborne flesh of their fellow religionists if they were in NY on that day.

It is really up to see whether the decent moslems will prevail over the handfull of fundamentalists.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BuffaloJoe

Perhaps the ground breaking date of 9/11/11 is to show support and condolence for the lives lost. Perhaps they are showing respect. Perhaps those the Muslims responsible for the building are adamant about its location to show that they are just as much victims (as Americans) as the rest of us Americans.

Does it really matter though? It's a building, people gather in the building privately to do as they wish... That's liberty, freedom of religion and freedom of assembly in my book.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

Having Christian commander in chiefs hasn't stopped our presidents from going on murderous rampages and spreading propaganda lies on purpose to start wars like the Gulf of Tonkin. So, clearly you are getting bent out of shape over nothing. Religion has little to nothing to do with violence. Humans will be humans regardless of their religion.

Maybe I'm not all that concerned about the mayhem Islam is creating around the world, maybe I'm concerned about my freedoms that will be taken away as islam grows more and more powerful each day. Now islam has a powerful advocate running the most powerful country in the world and little to stop islamic expansion and my infidel ways. Infidels don't do well under islamic laws.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join