It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A non-political Obama thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I don't want this to be a thread about the NWO, or about how bad Bush was or about right vs left.

Now that it is close to two years of Obama America, and we have seen mostly our hope and change get thrown out or put on the backburner. I must admit even I was drawn in by this charismatic man, I've heard his charisma compared to Hitler's. So with all the hope and change promised I have two questions. Why did you vote for him, and do you still believe what you believed on voting day?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'll try to be serious and hope I don't get upset in the process, but if I may add one more question.

Do any of his supporters actually believe Obama is doing any good for this country?
If so, how?

I don't understand why it's taking a so called "highly intelligent" man, to fix all the so called "screw ups" of a so called "idiot".

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I had a few hopes

I had hoped we would stop dumping money in the sand.... False

I had hoped we would end the war.... false, now the casualties are higher and we have broadened our war into Pakistan. (where is code pink now?)

I had hoped for transparency... false

I had hoped that they would go line by line on the federal budget and make cuts as promised... LOL, LOL, HUGE FALSE.

Other than continuing the worst policies of the former administration, what single positive thing has come out of this hope??? Healthcare? LOL

And what is up with BOWING to foreign dignitaries? That is embarrassing.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by infolurker]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
When I first heard of Obama, he was on the Oprah show. I thought, gee, seems like a really cool guy. During his campaign, I toyed with the idea of voting for him, until he began picking out who his financial "team" would be if he won the election... and since I had been studying & researching this whole macroeconomic mess since it began, I was familiar with these people - the names he began throwing around. I was then absolutely FLOORED at the motley crook crew he chose! 1) Timothy "Turbo Tax Cheat" Geithner - AYFKM????? This guy ran the NY Fed that helped cause the economic housing mess that's worse than a botched abortion!
Larry Summers as his "special advisor"? SERIOUSLY???? And last but not least, keeping on board Bush's buddy the fiat currency market masturbator and check-kiting king Mr. Ben Bernanke. Right then and there, I KNEW the new boss was going look the same (or worse) as the OLD boss. Just a little bit dorkier.

Now we are headed straight off a deflationary cliff so now what?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Enter text to convertvote nearly all incumbents out of office this year and in 2012!!! both house and senate!!! lets stop this corrupt monopoly of the two-party system!

there's lots of other parties out there - pick one! or go independent~

Mod edit: Caps removed. Please see The use of All Caps Thank you - Jak

[edit on 14/8/10 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

umm thanks that really answered my question. Ill admit that having a man talking about change and really talking about bringing America back to her promise days. The 50's and 60's. Is a really attractive candidate

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
A few thoughts to keep in mind... Of course they're only my opinion, but...

Anyone who believes the President is anything but a front man, a fall guy, a mask and whipping boy, in my opinion, is naive.

I truly believe even the President himself, going into office, was naive. I think he took to heart and believed in everything 'they' made him out to be. I think be believed he truly could do what he said, bring hope, bring change, etc.

If anything he was more duped than the rest of us and now? He can't get 'out' - he's stuck - and stuck without the power to do ANYTHING about it.

I hope the people who voted for him can take some comfort from that.

peace

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

The problem with that is that a lot of his supporters are disillusioned into thinking every thing is good that he has done, so yes I would say some do think that he has done well, just with veil of illusion.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing
I don't want this to be a thread about the NWO, or about how bad Bush was or about right vs left.

Now that it is close to two years of Obama America, and we have seen mostly our hope and change get thrown out or put on the backburner. I must admit even I was drawn in by this charismatic man, I've heard his charisma compared to Hitler's. So with all the hope and change promised I have two questions. Why did you vote for him, and do you still believe what you believed on voting day?

At the time of his election, I was a brain-washed Republican who had voted for Bush twice (my first two election after reaching election age) and I actually abstained from this vote. I couldn't bring myself to vote for McCain and I actually thought that Obama's hope and change might help.

I wish he were different and not in the pocket of big business, but I think the old adage is true, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
A non political thread about voters and a politician? Are you serious?

reply to post by silo13

Without further predictable political bickering on this thread, your answer is bar far, the most rational.
The tragedy with Obama is that he had too many messianic burdens on his shoulders. How he got himself into this mess, or how ‘they’ got him into this mess could be a long story of infinite conspiracies. And on top of that, he had to especially embody a symbol for people of Africans descent around the globe; most of which I don’t think are ready for the change promised. One man shouldn’t have all that power. It was a deception in the making, yet make no mistakes; you will always have those who hate him exactly because of what he represents.

And what the detractors don’t get, or pretend to not get is that his propel into the potus is supposed to represent a symbol. Yes, the symbol of change and progress. Of course disenchanted voters will brush it off now, piling his one-term to be in the long line of political demagoguery, as if preying on people’s hope and desperation can be taking lightly. How ever he was supposed to be the chosen one for sinister agendas was a predictable failure in the making. Obama has more to lose with his supporters and his own conscience than his opponents.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

When I said that I didn't want it to become something like im a diehard democrat so thats why I voted or the republicans are ruining this country type thread I just wanted to find out why people voted for him

new topics

top topics

join