It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clouds Can Communicate, Scientists Say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Little, fluffy and talkative? Clouds can communicate, a new paper suggests -- but what are they talking about?

A new study has found that clouds "communicate" with each other, much like chirping crickets or flashing fireflies on a summer night. The surprising findings, published online in the journal Nature, may have significant implications for our understanding of the Earth's climate.

So the next time you find yourself laying on your back picking out shapes among the clouds, mull on this one: Are they talking among themselves about you?

www.foxnews.com...

Wow...what else can I say?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
There really is not you can say about scientists who come up with this sort of thing. Anything to get a research buck I suppose.

I am wondering if the clouds communicate with the IPCC about global warming? Air heads the lot of them!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I really find this interesting. Evidence of communication among clouds seems like evidence of a great lifeforce among us.

Also could be a little scary. Like The Happening...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Gives some credence to the Gaia hypothesis, something I think it real.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sure clouds communicate - they talk about the weather and what they can do to change it.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I read the article. No where in it does it say that clouds communicate. It talks about cloud synchronization and patterns. The scientists does use the word communicate to describe it. However this must be some obscure use of the word comm8unicate I am not aware of.

How does such synchronization come about? Falling rain cools the air as it descends. This creates downward air currents. These downdrafts hit the surface of the planet, flow outward, and collide with each other, forming updrafts. The air flowing up creates new clouds in previously open sky as older clouds dissipate. Then the new clouds rain, and the oscillating pattern repeats itself.

"In a sense what's going on is that the clouds are communicating with each other by driving down to the ground. If you have a number of clouds doing exactly that, air is forced to go sideways from one cloud and meets the air from another," Feingold told FoxNews.com.

That does not describe communication. This so called scientist must be a quack or has very bad reading comprehension. Either way, I wouldn't give this guy a dime to fund anything.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

en.wikipedia.org...

For some, that may explain "climate change". The Earth is trying to expel some of the parasitic organisms that are causing problems...us.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

How does such synchronization come about? Falling rain cools the air as it descends. This creates downward air currents. These downdrafts hit the surface of the planet, flow outward, and collide with each other, forming updrafts. The air flowing up creates new clouds in previously open sky as older clouds dissipate. Then the new clouds rain, and the oscillating pattern repeats itself.

It's a natural triggering process. Calling it communication is pretty ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It's a natural triggering process. Calling it communication is pretty ridiculous.

Agreed

"Fox News"

Need anybody say more?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Holy crapola, thought I have read everything here, NOT!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I knew it. I believe clouds are intelligent. They interact with each other yet very distinctively. Plus, I say clouds are like little children, if you give them attention, they will manifest to your liking.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Appreciate your clarification

Like many, I often 'kill' clouds via a few minutes' concentration

zapped. Gone

Until you came along, I was beginning to feel a bit guilty about it, lol

(not that I really believed the 'clouds communicate' claim )

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I really want to believe that there aren't people who think that clouds are alive and intellligent. I really want to believe this...

On the other hand, if I pretend to agree with this thread when I go to my next therapy appointment, I might get another month or two worth of vacation.... Hrm...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Here is a much more detailed explanation.

wattsupwiththat.com...

Quite fascinating. The clouds are compared to flocks of birds.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by moonleaf

Chemical communication, not intelligent communication.

It's like a scientist saying the sky is blue. No sh&$ sherlock.

This basically means that what one cloud does effects another. IE, Newton was right. Please do not pull some New Age BS on this.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It is amazing the little things that bring back such big memories!

When I was but a tiny boy, this older boy called me over to a puddle and said, "Look, have you ever seen two blades of grass fight?" To say that I was not intrigued would be silly, I had to get my face right down to the level of the puddle so I could see for myself this miraculous feat. Suddenly, there I am staring intently at these two floating pieces of grass when this boy stomps the puddle with his foot. SPLASH was all I heard and there I was all dazed and confused with mud and grass hanging from my face! LOL

What a little turd! LOL I wonder what he grew up to be?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
We are talking about Fox news here folks.

Most of them at Fox believe in a faith that speaks of talking snakes and donkeys, and a world created in six days that is only several thousand years old.

They believe that a blue-eyed Jewish/Caucasian Man-god is going to fly through the clouds any moment now with white robed saints to fight everyone who doesn't whisper a three second, effortless Jesus acceptance prayer!!!

Therefore, it doesn't surprise me in the least that these Fox folks believe that clouds up are talking to each other.

Two words: Fox news.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
hey clouds do communicate I translated one conversation .
This transcript is what was said .
Cloud A Look the multiceller life form are having a street party again.
Cloud B Lets go rain on there parade

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Messiah_Tooth_Fairy

Why do people lurk in these discussions just waiting for something to be said with which to bash Christians. I mean it seems like they are salivating over the idea that someone might believe in a Living God?
They then use this pretext with a lot of laughing mouths to attack Christians' Faith. Please just leave us alone.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Reading all these answers is amusing. Who thinks they don't communicate, in the way we understand? Prove it!

I'm not sure they do either, but the idea of forming opinons about nature and reality when we know nothing, and in fact this entire thing is a holographic/interactive school, and we don't know what some souls participate in, is odd.

Why claim you know things you don't know. We're all the matrix, there is no spoon. In fact, if the universe is the screen that plays the dvds, which are all "past" for in "no time" to our "future/higher selves" these events already transpired. Think about infinity, can anything in this infinity system be finite? You, perceiving self, stretch infinitely backwards and forwards.

All that has been found in the vacuum of space is a huge infinity, an infinite energy in the vacuum.

The question with clouds is this, are they soul? If so of course they communicate! Are they merely a program running in the system? Programs communicate too, a little differntly, some could even be ai!

All events are recorded all our lives and there really are no secrets, and this is the past, so calling it a dvd makes sense, we literally join in an interactive school for lessons to learn LOVE. Can take some a trillion/kazillion years but in no time, that is but a proverbial second, where second is just a concept.

Speaking of time and concepts that flatscreen tv that plays the dvd, well, its in your head, your mind. So you're experince of the cosmos and dvd run is projected in you ,which is soul.

So whilst people it odd to find clouds communicate, either as living beings or programs, realize, we are cavemen and our conventional science and understanding of both quantum and metaphysics, is akin to spear crafting.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Unity_99]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join