It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clouds Can Communicate, Scientists Say

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Prove it?

Oxygen molecules don't have brains.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
One cloud to the other "what are you doing today?"..... "oh nothing.... just hanging around"...... " and you, what are you up to?"..... "oh.... same same....everyday, float a little, pee a little"

Even if they could communicate.... what to talk about..... the Weather?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Prove it?

Neither does light, dear one. And yet we're the Infinite Family of Light. I suggest you do a little soul searching, and without any credos and pull away from the matrix for a while, I have a thread on sungazing safely. Start out like a newborn without credo and ask questions while sungazing, early morning, late at night, setting sun. Meditate and do whatever it takes to wake up.

Everything in this solar system is output from the sun, in a Hologram, lasers erect it from the pixels. in our case, stars are the projectors, input signals. When you stand on Terra, you're walking on sunshine, and you are sunhine, literally.

And time, is program in your head, which is really in your soul. In fact the whole screen for the cosmos and digital reality interactive simulation program we're in which is very hitech, a little more than our computer progerams, is actually in your mind as well.

Clouds can communicate. Everything in the Universe can communicate as well. The only question is, what is a software program in this holographic digital reality, and communicates as a program to another program, or what is soul/life/inifinite light. We don't know that one much now do we. For often the Family and Guides and even Ets are in nature, guiding and showing us, nudging and keeping us from destroying ourselves before we can grow in love.

As for proof, you assume that if soemthing can't be proved its not real. Instead, prove that they don't communicate, that programs can't.

Life simply doesnt work that way. What you assume is that science asks a question. Then lists a couple answers and runs with a no as a definitive. Sceince does no such thing.

All science does is ask a question, nothing more and nothing less. When anwhere between 2-100 theories, including ones you probably are too primitive to think of, then its only an opinion to choose one. And when you choose one, please don't think you're being reasonable by trying to limit us to that one opinion you chose and claim its science to do so, because its not.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Prove it?

Neither do bacteria, but they communicate.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by moonleaf

Bacteria have an inner brain, so to speak. They have advanced biochemical reactions which constitute things like pain, decision, and other things.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

What a pile of New Age BS. When the sun goes supernova Ill be laughing in my incinerated grave at such silliness. No offense to your beliefs, but I have a right to call it as it is.

No offense, but everything you said, unequivocal, has no proof and is totally opinion and nothing else.

I've done my soul searching. I concluded that there is no proof of anything in this world beyond the physical. I'm Christian and I believe that nothing in this universe proves God or afterlife or this talking rock BS you're talking about.

You are basically asking me to prove it does not exist?

Ok. Here's how. Electromagnetic forces are not consciousness. It's 1s and 0s. On and off. Force on, force off. This does not make anything alive nor intelligent. It means when the force is on, it interacts. When it is off, it does not. It's a machine. Nothing more, nothing less. Doing what it was coded to do. Call it a Matrix, I could hardly care. It's the universe and it is as it is.

You can meditate until your bones become dust. I rather use my life more productively. Sure I meditate, but that's to focus before a test or something. I could hardly care about these communications you speak of. All I see are gears turning in a soulless machine. Operating as it should. I don't stair at a grandfather clock and meditate to hear it's voice. I see gears and wonder how they work. That's science. And for both the clock and this hippie silliness, the same is true. Laws in a machine. No soul, no consciousness, no existence. Just a machine. Destined to die one day like all other machines. And when the universe is dead and all that is is no more, and I and you are dust and forgotten, meditations would have gotten you no where.

No offense, but you are basically talking about made up sillinesses from a bygone error 40 years ago that as far as I could care, I am more than happy the 80s killed.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

You need to seek, this is not new age, or old age, it simply is.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Everything has consciousness, and everything with a counscious can communicate, therefore anything can communicate. plants communicate, animals, insects, flowers, clouds, humans, mountains, oceans, fish etc etc ... Its called Life

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by moonleaf

What exactly are they saying. Talk about respecting mother Earth...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

No. It is simply not.

I fail to see your proof anywhere. Because there is none.

Look I tried that crazy chi stuff and I've got a topic about it somewhere, you're free to read it. But I don't gain anything from it. If I don't gain anything from it beyond more emotional control in my stoic desire to become vulcan-like, then really that's all it's good for.

Like I said, you are free to go and meditate as you want. But when I'm on a warp ship in 80 years and seeing the stars in a 3d universe before I die, you can enjoy that meditation all the more. I've not seen a single human ascend through that into some kind of super human, so I really can't see it as useful. It's good for emotional control and that's about it.

You can call the universe whatever you want. You have opinions. But my opinion is guided by real science. Not sitting quietly and listening to silence.

I probably spent the better part of a summer meditating a few years back. I loved it. I gained control over my own body. But I did not come to some awakening or something.

For all you know I am cut off from that sort of thing. And until something recorded occurs, I will not believe.

reply to post by Kelliott

No. Consciousness is for brains. Mountains are not brains. They are rocks with chemical reactions. The article does a disservice to science. This is not communication. This is that one cloud affects another. Well duh it does. It's called molecular collision.

reply to post by packinupngoin

What mother Earth? The planet is, if anything, a big mindless soulless cell that can't reproduce until we terraform another world. It is not a mother and it is not alive. It will be vaporized like any chunk of rock when the sun goes supernova.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

No. Consciousness is for brains. Mountains are not brains. They are rocks with chemical reactions. The article does a disservice to science. This is not communication. This is that one cloud affects another. Well duh it does. It's called molecular collision.

Trying to sound smart wont get you very far in this world lol.. consciousness is awareness, its the mind. the brain is just a tool in the human body used to assist the mind in consciousness. when you die, you dont lose your conscious mind, just your brain dodo

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

There is no proof of that. There isn't even any proof of consciousness. Just electricity in the brain, which disperses with the brain's death. There is no proof that anything from the body survives after death. Any such entity is outside the realm of the physical and cannot be interacted with. In addition to that, consciousness is not awareness. consciousness is the fact that you are awake right now and a working machine. Even atoms are aware of each other. And that is not because of some life they have. That's because they put out EM forces via virtual particles which interact and repel or pull closer together. More gears of a machine known as the universe. Atoms do not have consciousness. The only things that have consciousness are living creatures with brains that process data. If atoms interacting is consciousness, you have a poor understanding of your own terms.

That said I have no doubt the soul exists. But there is no proof of it and there never will be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join