It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Deaths: How Many Did God Kill? How Many Did Satan Kill?

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

That's not my words bud...that is words straight out of the Holy Bible. When God is killing these people it is also called "Marvelous", Holy, and the angels themselves cry out Alleluia (which means hallelujah of course). Same thing for me....HALLELUIAH, kill them all!!!!

Now my outlook on these people right now in "this age" of grace is: "God please open their eyes to the truth and send them the gospel so they can make a choice to either choose life (Jesus) or reject life."

But when God is doing all this future killing, I will be right beside him on a horse following him into battle as He kills 200 million troops by Himself. And of course BEFORE Jesus does this killing in question, He had already killed over 3/4th of the population from various plagues, signs and "WONDERS". That's what God calls "natural disasters" that kill people....WONDERS. Read Exodus and Revelation for the text.

Deal with it.

edit on 20-9-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

That's not my words bud...that is words straight out of the Holy Bible.

Yes, and you not only believe it but rejoice at the death of millions because of that belief.

But when God is doing all this future killing, I will be right beside him on a horse following him into battle as He kills 200 million troops by Himself.

Right, because you and your deity are immoral stooges.

Only religion could take an otherwise reasonable, intelligent person and morph them into a monster who anticipates with glee the mass murder of others. I hope you find your way out of Fantasyland one day

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Once again, not my words, these are ALL the words of the Holy Bible. All God's "family" celebrates with joy when this great slaughter takes place. But the main reason you refuse to ask yourself is....why? What would make all of God's children so happy about this? I know

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Once again, not my words, these are ALL the words of the Holy Bible. All God's "family" celebrates with joy when this great slaughter takes place. But the main reason you refuse to ask yourself is....why? What would make all of God's children so happy about this? I know

And for the third time, you and your deity are immoral stooges.
Perhaps a day will come when you can figure it out.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The only thing I can say is... God moves or works in mysterious ways...that is how He gets away with a lot of things.

And in that light I would like to add is that such observations about God are just the things satan would like you to know.....not to understand....but to know.

edit on 20/9/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
The only thing I can say is... God moves or works in mysterious ways...that is how He gets away with a lot of things.

Looking the other way to allow the biblical god to get away with serial and mass murder is not mysterious. It's immoral and unjust.

And in that light I would like to add is that such observations about God are just the things satan would like you to know.....not to understand....but to know.

No. It's the biblical god that wants you to know these things. That's why they're in the bible for everyone to read. He/it wants you to understand he'll have no problem killing you, your offspring for generations to come or everyone on earth if he so desires.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Sure...you...i mean...everybody... can look at it that way. Analising the Bible is a tricky thing and people are at it for centuries and still, a final conclusion about its contens is up for debate....and always will be. That doesn't mean it should not be done....never give up the way you understand it... and in what you belief with all your heart. Maybe someone will agree with your reasoning and change his previous point of view.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
everyone has the choice to make. God is holy and cannot allow people to continue to turn their backs on him. if they choose the way of sin then they have made their choice

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
God struck down those who had already decided whether to go to heaven or go to hell. God has perfect wisdom and knowledge. God is able to judge us. That is why God can kill so many people as he did in the biblical stories. And like someone else said here, Satan works through the actions of men. Satan is like the root of a tree. God hacks at the branches, but until the final judgment, it's a futile attempt. That is why he sent Jesus Christ to earth, so that people can be saved rather than destroyed by the temptations of the devil.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
God struck down those who had already decided whether to go to heaven or go to hell. God has perfect wisdom and knowledge. God is able to judge us. That is why God can kill so many people as he did in the biblical stories and still be right in what he is doing. And like someone else said here, Satan works through the actions of men. Satan was like the root of a tree. God was hacking at the branches. That is one reason, I think, why God sent Jesus Christ to earth, so that more people can be saved rather than destroyed by the temptations of the devil.

You have to remember that before Jesus Christ came to earth the rules were different too. God worked more directly in the world before Jesus Christ. He literally judged us when we were alive. I think he even took up Elijah into heaven while he was still alive. Again, things were different!!! In the new testament, Jesus forgave his enemies and taught tolerance. By contrast, old testament prophets, guided by the wisdom of God, killed their enemies.

Islam is like how things USED to be; it's a half-truth. But that's not how things are now. Jesus Christ is now the only way to enter into heaven. But Islam is acting as though Jesus Christ never happened. Extremist muslims claim that these wars are the will of God. They can only be talking about Satan. The will of God is for us to seek salvation through Jesus Christ. Islam denies this.
edit on 20-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

No. It's the biblical god that wants you to know these things. That's why they're in the bible for everyone to read. He/it wants you to understand he'll have no problem killing you, your offspring for generations to come or everyone on earth if he so desires.

Hey!!! You get it! Great job, star for you
This is exactly the case. What? You think God should be good to you, but never evil to you? God has and will continue to do both...God works good and evil....chew on that for a while.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Satan has deceived so many and he will not rescue any of you that are deceived. Jesus is the only one that can save someone from their sins, the devil is out to try and trick you and destroy you.

I appeal to all of you that have not been born again, repent and turn to Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour before it is too late.

1JN 3:10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

1PE 5:8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

2TI 2:26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will. But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God-- having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Some of the responses here are truly scary.

The extent of justification "putty" - - really is beyond pathetic.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
Ita true that God destroyed/killed many people in the bible in contrast to the killings of Satan. But what is overlooked is the motivation, story behind it.

And in the end there is "MUCH more blood on the hands of Satan compared to YHWH". At the end of the day, if you want to stick to whats written in the bible, Satan is the SOLE reason we are not perfect human beings without knwoing death or war or ilness. Its safe to say that even God killing those people were as a direct result of Satan's initial actions. He is a master-manipulator, not without reason being called the angel of light.

Great! Then tell "God" to KILL Satan - FOREVER - Right now - no questions asked.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Nonsense.

Satan's whole industry is death, suffering, destruction.

His whole agenda is seducing humans into rebellion against God as he knows that results in eternal death.

All the folks killed in the flood were killed because of satan's influence on their lives--his seductive successes in bending them to his priorities.

Ditto all the others.

What a pathetic vain idea for a topic.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Nonsense.

His whole agenda is seducing humans into rebellion against God as he knows that results in eternal death.

All the folks killed in the flood were killed because of satan's influence on their lives--his seductive successes in bending them to his priorities.

Ditto all the others.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Better yet - look at the post DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticsea
everyone has the choice to make. God is holy and cannot allow people to continue to turn their backs on him. if they choose the way of sin then they have made their choice

Sounds like a bully to me......

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
Nonsense.

Ditto all the others.

No, it's quite vain for someone such as yourself to shuffle off the biblical god's serial mass murders on another character in the bible. The same character that asked god's permission to kill a few people.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Some of the responses here are truly scary.

The extent of justification "putty" - - really is beyond pathetic.

Agreed, but I love a topic that brings such things out of people. We can discover much about someone's morality and character by their responses to such a topic.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This, to me anyway, just proves beyond doubt that the "GOD" of the Bible is not "GOD" at all, but is in fact a rather cruel, jealous, and bloodthirsty ET, probably a Draconian. The real First Creator is unknowable, and unfathomable. In fact, the human mind has not a hint of who or what it is.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49 >>

join