It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama closes curtain on transparency

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Obama closes curtain on transparency

www.washingtonexaminer.com

President Obama has abolished the position in his White House dedicated to transparency and shunted those duties into the portfolio of a partisan ex-lobbyist who is openly antagonistic to the notion of disclosure by government and politicians.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

Longtime lurker here. I just saw this and thought it would appreciated here on ATS. Obama has now rid the White House of any transparency it had.

Another interesting note is that while the administration does release a list of all visitors to the White House, they often meet with lobbyists at the Caribou Coffee across the street.

Personally, I am becoming increasingly unhappy with the decisions being made in Washington as are more and more Americans. November offers hope to remove these backstabbers and liars but I fear they will only be replaced by the last group that disappointed America so badly. When will America learn there are more then two parties to chose from? Until then all we have to look forward to is more of the same.

www.washingtonexaminer.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It has become quite obvious that all that good stuff Obama promised during his campaign was just bull#. 2012 can't come soon enough.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
How could anyone believe someone who's platform was a big piece of nothing?

Change.. change what? im not telling
Hope... hope for what? i'm not telling

Some people are so brain dead for actually supporting a big piece of nothing.

There's only one hope
thehill.com...

Let's see what happens!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Why would the False Prophet be anything but False?

These are the "end-times" and we know the fate by way of Prophesy, a False Prophet will usher the people to their own demise. "Yes we Can", "Yes we Can", "Yes we Can".

LOL, I would expect nothing less from such a foul and disgusting demon disguised to fool the masses. "Yes we Can".

When America falls Barack will remain the President 'De-facto', his throne is in Zion with the AntiChrist; so I dare say that there is an office waiting for him in Israel and he will conduct the final business of the day without us anyways, so I am happy for the loss of this supposed "Transparency" that never existed.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
How could anyone believe someone who's platform was a big piece of nothing?

Change.. change what? im not telling
Hope... hope for what? i'm not telling

Some people are so brain dead for actually supporting a big piece of nothing.

There's only one hope
thehill.com...

Let's see what happens!

And that is why the USA is the worst place in the world to live
Your whole country is controlled by business and money the poeple that make disicions dont make them anymore they are handed objectives to follow and they are also told what laws to change for the protection of the business sector and the rich, if I lived in the USA I would move to Canada in a heart beat all the USA is good for is Nothing, Warmongers tyrants and a currupt legal system.

Some land of the free your constitution is as good as toilet paper and your president is a terrorist !

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Maybe something good will come of 2012.... After all of the speculation.....

The end of Obamanation!!!

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
transparency, right, like that even existed with this regime. I don't like Obama because there's nothing to him. His campaign was a whole bunch of catch phrases that went nowhere. I don't see how things are going to turn out for the better with him around. Come on mid-terms and 2012...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Obama ran, and won, on the tranparency platform. Why should this not surprise anyone, especially when the healthcare reform was written behind closed doors without any Repulican support.

Why was there not any Republican support?

Because Repulicans were denied access to putting anything in the bill which, of course, is now law. Transparency? The only transparency there's been in this administration is the true light on what Obama and his cronies are trying to achieve and now they're getting tired of all the facts coming out.

Any cheap tutors to teach me Mandarin Chinese? No. Wait. I'd rather die first.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by vapor

Obama and transparency are an
oxymoron!!
I bet Obama wonders why his
poll numbers are worse that than George Jr's....he cant keep any
promises and he and his administration have been more opaque ...darn I cant think of a good analogy, even black obsidian has some transparency when ya slice it thin enough.....

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

BLACK OBSIDIAN!? Obsidian IS black! You had to throw in the word black to emphasize your hatred for the African-American community! Hatemonger! Racist! Just kidding
See how easy that is? Be mindful of your words
especially with race-baiting Obamabots afoot.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
Why would the False Prophet be anything but False?

These are the "end-times" and we know the fate by way of Prophesy, a False Prophet will usher the people to their own demise. "Yes we Can", "Yes we Can", "Yes we Can".

LOL, I would expect nothing less from such a foul and disgusting demon disguised to fool the masses. "Yes we Can".

Yeah I'm with you on that idea.... The whole false prophet, I expected something big and obvious in the end times, when in actual fact its right before our eyes.....YES WE CAN....etc etc.....Blah blah blah.....same old rhetoric......Just repackaged soundbites, delivered with better acting.....maybe

And as for the whole use of the word 'transparency', its what it is... bs

Say one thing, do another, the magician......Same as what we have in the UK....

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
is it just my computer, or are others having a "dialogue box" pop up when loading this page? I get like 4 or 5 of them....seems to be related to twitter

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Aggie Man]

seems to be fixed now

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I'm getting the twitter too.

But not in this thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I had the same problem here.

It looks like it might have been shared through twitter or something. Also, when originally clicking on the link it sent me to a NON ATS page showing an Ad for the omen or some movie like that. Im gonna just back away carefully, haha.

-----------

"transparency?"
yeah right...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
reply to post by rangersdad

BLACK OBSIDIAN!? Obsidian IS black! You had to throw in the word black to emphasize your hatred for the African-American community! Hatemonger! Racist! Just kidding
See how easy that is? Be mindful of your words
especially with race-baiting Obamabots afoot.

screw it...he said black ibsidian...if a ridiculous snot nosed politically correct snob gets offended by that its their problem not rangersdad's.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by vapor

Wow….. I must have missed the part where the curtain on transparency was opened up before they closed it again.
It must have happened real fast. Like a flasher in a department store.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

They're resolving the TWEET prob over here on this thread in the Business section.

As for Obama and his, well, transparency... There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said - well - without getting a warning.

peace

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I for one would like to know why he cannot be pulled down now? Hasn't there been enough stuff on this c---------- president to impeach or get him pulled into question?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Can someone say something that actually means something - - and explain what all this means?

The finger pointing in political threads is nauseating.

I would Please - - like some factual information.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join