It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Co-op Mode: Collaboration and Working Together.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I woke up with this thought in my mind today.

Have you ever worked together with others to create or accomplish something beautiful? The first thing that comes to my mind is a drawing I made with a dear friend a couple years back. I drew it out, and she colored it. It still sits on my fridge to this day.

I personally like a mix of individual work and collaborative work. Sometimes I'm in the mood to do something myself, but sometimes I'm in the social mood to work on something together.

I just felt like getting this thought out. Maybe this thread will flesh out into something more, maybe not. It's alright.

-Sol

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

In a way, this serves to be a collaboration in and of itself. Its whatever we can bring to your thread, hopefully positive, which will be the evidence. I create music. I collaborate with my friend, whom I write with. I am less musically inclined than he, because I am still learning. However I bring words to the table. I wish I could give you examples of our music but its still in its infancy. Any kind of art brought forth through a collaborative effort is amazing, IMO.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What do you want to work on man?

Second line.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Haha, yes!

Solar you have started something here.

What can we all collaborate on, and contribute to ATS as a tribute to our wonderful and enlightened Philosophy and Metaphysics community?

Let's get to work now people! Brainstorm!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Ooh! How about a thread in which multiple people collaborate on to create? That would be a cool idea.

Onequestion, thanks for that input.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

We need a subject line, or at least give me something to overthink or work on for a while and i will collaborate with ya!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I've already seen lots of threads like that on ATS, especially on the writing forum where people take turns writing fictional stories and so it takes on many different turns.

Maybe we can do something similar but with a philosophical or spiritual twist.

Like a story about the encounters of a wandering student of life, where each of us take turns describing experiences s/he has.

Kind of like the ATS Philosophy and Metaphysics Bible.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AquariusDescending

you got my attention. im all for pushing the boundaries of what a forum is. could be the start of something beautiful.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

give me a an example, i mean like a short story, or a link that i can reference

second line

[edit on 12-8-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Great idea. Almost all of my threads take place right here in the Psychology, Philosophy, and Metaphysics forum.

So I agree, a thread with that in mind would be incredible.

A collaboration of our time here on Earth as students could be good.

Onequestion, I don't think we need links or references. We just need to look within ourselves to find the stories to share within our collaboration.

The topic should be experiences in our lives that are non conventional. Enlightening experiences, etc.

This is gonna be great.

-Sol

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Something like this...

We'll start another thread, present the guidelines, and let people post their own contribution to the ATSPaM (ATS Philosophy and Metaphysics) "Bible."

The main character's name, that everything happens to, could be something like Adam Trascedere Studere. (Get the idea?) (Adam = archetypal man, trascedere = Latin root for "transcend," studere = Latin root for "student"... hey if you can make it more subtle and sound like an actual name give it a go
)

He can travel many places, depending on the settings deemed appropriate by the writers themselves.

It can be any point during his life. We should only pay attention to others and make clear certain details (like his mother's name) if someone wants to write about that, and then someone else wants to also write about the same thing later. Unless we are comfortable giving two varying names to his mother, and never bothering to explain. It's not like the Bible itself had no such instances of apparent contradictions after all.

The writing style can also vary. The point of view, 1st person, 2nd, 3rd, etc., could also change. Creativity is obviously never a bad thing! And I like mosaics.

After all the stories are collected, I can take them and put them in as close to chronological order as I am able, and write an introduction to it, to give a fore-taste of the whole scope of tales to follow.

So it would end up something like this:

The Great ATSPaM Bible
by Contributors from the ATSPaM Community

Introduction
Tale by Member A
Tale by Member B
Tale by Member C
Tale by Member D
Tale by Member E
Tale by Member F
Tale by Member G
Tale by Member H

Some key "structural" points of any life we might want to cover:

The character's birth
His childhood experiences
The character's symbolic passage from childhood to manhood
His experiences as a young man
His discoveries of True Self
Sacrifices he makes during his life
His days as an old man
His death

Some stories we can only do one each obviously.. like birth and death.

In general it would be nice to maintain a consistency of tone and personality as well, that can probably be achieved by making the character have very little dialogue himself, just basic exchanges, and letting the action tell most of the story.

So if after this post we are in agreement of a general premise, I can start a new thread with all of this.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

i like it. how much time do we have to write the stroy?

second line.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wow Aquarius, that is quite amazing. I agree that would be a good setup. Go ahead and get started on that thread!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, the other thread is posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Speak up there to make your contribution known.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Great idea! I wanted to calloborate on a thread which compiled as much resources into one place as possible, but it never kicked off.

I wanted everyone to list their most influencial persons, ideas, books, documentaries ect. everything that made reality make a little more sense to them. Please feel free tp contribute, it is the first thread in my signature.

I'm going to tray and contribute to the thread you have created, I have creative spells, but usually only on weekends. Work kills my creativity 5 days a week

top topics

join