It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil well blowout in Louisiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Oil well blowout in Louisiana

ireport.cnn.com

told me he and his father are sugarcane farmers. He shot this video the morning of August 11 showing an oil well blowout. Assumption Parish emergency officials told me the oil well blowout occurred at around 4 a.m. and that the well is still spewing. They also told me that cleanup is underway and a few evacuations have occurred due to the incident. lsucowboy told me he is concerned about runoff due to the blowout, and added that he is in contact with environmental quality.
- nsaidi, CNN iReport producer
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Does anyone have any other info in this? was this well capped or was it producing?
Is the pressure increasing down hole?
or was this simply a mechanical failure,due to aging equiptment?
Any insights would be appreciated.

I really dont have anymore to add as there is not alot of info, but I cant post this until I have enough words, so I am going to type for a while, you can stop reading any time I am not saying anything important any more, so if you are still reading why dont you stop and go and see if you can find any info on this?

ireport.cnn.com

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
More death. Just let it all die already. We don't need anymore oil!!

Second line.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thread started three hours ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

so what? it wasnt evident on the page, I didnt see it in my search, I posted a link. thinks for pointing out that there is another thread. Do you have anything usefull to add to the conversation? or was that it?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by slavenomore4u

Happens all the time around here. No need to worry. Its not as big of a deal as you would think.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by slavenomore4u

I really dont have anymore to add as there is not alot of info, but I cant post this until I have enough words, so I am going to type for a while, you can stop reading any time I am not saying anything important any more, so if you are still reading why dont you stop and go and see if you can find any info on this?

ireport.cnn.com

First of all, you have no reason to be rude. I simply posted something that is relevant to your topic, the 'not that big of a deal fact' that another thread had already been made.

And you come back with your smart a$% comment of posting something useful?!?! Your quote above is really useful, so something like that?

Posting an article without anything useful to add is not how you make a good thread. Look up information on the topic and post your own insight on the topic.

Like the wiki article on oil blowouts:

en.wikipedia.org...(well_drilling)

Or references from different sources:

arkansasmatters.com...

an excerpt from the above article:

"A half-dozen homes in the sparsely populated area have been evacuated as a precaution."

Hmm, let's see. After a full one minute Google search, I found an article saying that a whole half-dozen homes had been evacuated. Wow, end of the world right there.

Since I already ticked you off already by the mere mention of there being another thread on the same topic here on ATS, I'll go ahead and put my vote on moving this poorly researched, not really major news story to BelowTopSecret.

Cheers, and have a nice day!

Deny Ignorance

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Nice. Thats all im gonna say.

MOTF!

top topics

join