It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil well blowout in Louisiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Oil well blowout in Louisiana

ireport.cnn.com

Oil well in the middle of a sugarcane field blew out last night. Oil and natural gas are shooting into the air. Oil is coming down like rain a mile away. This is in Assumption Parish Louisiana.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Copy the exact headline

[edit on 8/13/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here we go again: another oil well is spewing oil tens of feet into the air.... how many oil spills are going to occur this year? Is there some database that we can reference to see if this year has been a very active year for oil spills? I mean, are we just noticing them more this year because of the Gulf spill, or is this year somewhat different...??

ireport.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here's another link:

www.2theadvocate.com...

[edit on 12-8-2010 by chaakin]

Copy the exact headline

[edit on 8/13/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chaakin

Its not a "Spill" its a blowout. They happen often around these parts because of the scale of production we have in Louisiana, Just like whereever elst they have large scale production. These things happen more than you would like to think. The good part about it is we know how to handle this. 5000 feet under water is a completely different story.

Move along people nothing to see here.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Isn't oil "spilling" onto the earth? Semantics doesn't change the fact that there's oil spewing out and polluting the planet.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chaakin

Yes you are correct, but fear mongering dosent help your cause. This is no "national Disaster". Blowouts happen often around these parts. Its just part of the job these people are doing. This "pollution/spill" is just a drop in the bucket of what was put into the oceans.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Having grown up here in the heart of the "Tuskaloosa Trend" in the early 80's, if I had a dime every time one of the derricks blew out....this very common occurrence has virtually no impact on the environment...I think the world has a case of Blue Car Syndrome...every problem in oil drilling doesn't ruin the environment. Thanks for the update, but no cause for concern here.

CDS

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
How can something that is created by the earth pollute the earth?

If it's got to happen I'm glad it's happening on land. Go back to that cane field a year from now and it will be green where the oil leaked.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
At least it's not 5000 feet underwater. At least on land you can control where it goes.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I agree, not only that but oil does leak out from different spots on a daily basis.

Crude oil is not as harmful as refined oil from my understanding.
A good hazmat crew can have things under control in no real time at all.

Raist

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
every little oil spill adds up.
not paying attention to them is how BP created the mess in the gulf and that explosion they are now paying for. but move along good sheople there's nothing to see here keep paying your taxes and filling their bank accounts.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I do not think any of us are saying not to pay attention to the leak, spill, blowout, or whatever you wish to name it. I do think though there is no need to make it a big scaremonger story when crude oil leaks everyday on this planet.

If there is crude oil or any type of hazardous material it should be cleaned up as quickly as possible, however when people start to get excited is when they make more mistakes and bad things happen. Crude oil though is still an organic product produced by nature; nature can recover more quickly from natural appearing anything than from something that man produces.

Raist

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

"Every little oil spill adds up"....

Im kind of at a loss for words here. Do you think that one day we will reach the "maximum limit" for oil spillage or something? And that somehow the earth will implode because of it?

The truth is (like i have said before) blowouts happen frequently when there is a large scale production. The spills get cleaned up quickly. And im sure the half dozen or so people who were affected by this blowout have been heavily compensated.

The oil dissapates and/or is cleaned up very rapidly. The farmland where this happened will be used next year to grow crops with no problems.

Its not that big a deal. Fearmongering wont help your cause.

MessOnTheFED!

top topics

join