It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombia capital hit by car bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Colombia capital hit by car bombing

www.guardian.co.uk

A car bomb exploded in Colombia's capital today, wounding at least nine people and damaging buildings in what appeared to be a challenge to the country's new president, Juan Manuel Santos.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Umm interesting?

Who do you think is behind this?

The insurgents?

The US?

Venzuella maybe?

Or is it internal politics>?

Authorities said the attack, which came just days after Santos was sworn in as president, bore the hallmarks of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (Farc), leftist guerrillas who have been battling the state for decades.

Is it Farc? Although obviously the fingers are gonna be pointed at them, but will they claim responsibility.

Too many questions asked, answers coming up.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Last year FARC said they would not be laundering their money in US banks
any longer.
The leader of the FARC was promptly bumped off.
Now The FARC are bad guys.
I guess they are going to demagnify them and Venezuela because any one who nationalizes their oil (or dugs)must be attacked...
Without Colombia would we have CIA planes crashing in Mexico enroute to the US with 4 tons of coke on board?
I think who ever claims to have done it, it will turn put to be the US behind it - Gotta have that oil and those drugs and support those puppet rulers that keep it coming.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Venzuella would be guess...ole hugo up to some dirty stuff

If I am thinking right are they not on the brink of war?
Colombia and Venzuella that is.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Seems FARC doesn't want the peace deal between the new Colombian pres and Chavez to be the last word.

It would benefit them if there was a conflict, so why not stir one up.

I am sorry, but the US can't be behind EVERY bomb that goes off. Seems like anything happens these days, its because of US RED FLAG OPERATION!!!!

As if America disappeared today, there would be love and harmony between all nations. No car bombs, no terrorist attacks, teletubbies everywhere.

There actually are people out there with their own agenda, it is not exclusive to the US.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

What is Farc's agenda?

What do they want?

Every armed conflict, starts with conflict. What sparked the conflict which lead to armed conflict?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia – People's Army (Spanish: Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia – Ejército del Pueblo), also known by the acronym of FARC or FARC-EP, is a Marxist-Leninist revolutionary guerrilla organization based in Colombia, which is involved in the ongoing Colombian armed conflict.[6][7][8][9]

FARC-EP is a peasant army which has proclaimed itself as a revolutionary agrarian, anti-imperialist Marxist-Leninist organization of Bolivarian inspiration.[6][10][11][12] It claims to represent the rural poor in a struggle against Colombia's wealthier classes, and opposes United States influence in Colombia (e.g. Plan Colombia), neo-imperialism, monopolization of natural resources by multinational corporations, and paramilitary/government violence. It funds itself principally through ransom kidnappings and taxation of the illegal drug trade.[13][14]

FARC-EP remains the largest and oldest insurgent group in the Americas. According to the Colombian government, FARC-EP had an estimated 6,000-8,000 members in 2008, down from 16,000 in 2001, having lost much of their fighting force since President Álvaro Uribe took office in 2002.[3][15] Political analyst and former guerrilla León Valencia has estimated that FARC's numbers have been reduced to around 11,000 from their 18,000 peak but cautions against considering the group a defeated force.[4] In 2007 FARC-EP Commander Raúl Reyes claimed that their force consisted of 18,000 guerrillas.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

I know, I know.....WiKi, ughh.

From the headlines I remember them suffering heavy losses at the hands of the Columbian Army.

Also there was a high profile rescue of some captives, not too long ago.

Their agenda is in line (roughly) with Venezuela's Chavez, and Colombia has accused Venezuela of harboring and/or aiding the rebels.

It is a long standing conflict, but seems to be dying out, with recent effective campaigns by the army of Colombia.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

So how does this bombing help their cause? I don't see the alignment, infact I see it helping the US agenda more than the FARC, because this way there will still be terrorism and the US can still stay around and have a permanent base in Colombia.

To tell you the truth one of the last bases due to many revolutions in South America against the US.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The US will be there, regardless of FARC's actions.

They wish to antagonize the Colombians, and draw them into the jungles of Venezuela.

The Colombians know where the rebel bases are, and have provided the Venezuelans with their locations. Venezuela will not act against them or their supply lines, their political aims are the same.

FARC will benefit most from an armed conflict, gaining the arms, manpower and equipment of the Venezuelan military.

They are dwindling in numbers, and need the active help of Venezuela, not just passive.

Chavez knows this, and uses it to also antagonize Colombia.

An explosion set off by FARC, linked to a base in Venezuela, would help their cause if Colombia breeches the sovereignty of Venezuela.

There would be war, FARC's wet dream.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Are you suggesting Valenzuela wants to invade Columbia lol.

OK I find that naive, you don't suppose it is the opposite? That America wants Chavez out of the picture? Didn't the US already implement a failed coup in Venezuela before around 2001?

And no I don't think the FARC will gain anything from armed struggle in their own country. They simply want a better system, which the Columbian American puppets should take in to consideration because the FARC are Colombians also.

Here is a video of the coup against Chavez, and people wonder why Chavez is always on the alert:
www.youtube.com...

Puts me to tears every time I watch it, except this is not the full version, the full version shows everything, every video from that day.

He said: "I have written proof of the entries and exits of two military officers from the United States into the headquarters of the coup plotters.

"I have their names, whom they met with, what they said, proof on video and on still photographs."

Speaking of Ali Rodriguez's warning, Mr Chavez told Newsnight: "That call of alert helped me."

Chavez said that he had tried to avert a coup by sending a note to President Bush, assuring him that Venezuela would never join any oil boycott.

But coup leader Pedro Carmona moved on 12 April, the day after a general strike began, and four days after Iraq banned oil exports.

news.bbc.co.uk...

ETA:

In regards to your comment that America will be there regardless of FARC action, umm I know, we all know, but this has nothing to do with FARC, this has to do with terror to keep the people submissive, we don't want another revolution do we now? So keep people in terror.

The same can be said in regards to Japan when the people of Japan asked the US to leave, apparently, coincidently
S-Korean Vessel was torpedoed.

That kept the people in a state of terror, and America is still in Japan

[edit on 12-8-2010 by oozyism]

top topics

join