It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police say man wearing burqa robs Md. bank

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Be more worried about that burqua then the gun.
Guns don't kill people burquas do...

The fact that a guy was wearing the burqua should have tipped someone off.

People will perish for lack of knowledge.

if covered by a burqua, how would you know its a guy?
great way to cover up the shotgun..

[edit on 12-8-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Anyone calling for burqas to be banned because of this event are just silly in my opinion.

The guy is a criminal. He's robbing a bank. He is not going to pay any attention to a law that says you must not cover your face.

Bank robbers do not respect the law, and will wear whatever is at hand, be it stockings, motorcycle helmets, balaclavas, or anything like that.

Any such law will only effect law abiding citizens.

A close analogy in my mind is gun control laws. Criminals are already lawbreakers, so they will just get whatever gun they want anyway.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyrannyispeace
reply to post by ShadowArcher

Sorry, how does defending one's property or life got ANYTHING to do with government?

Oh wait, you think government is their to protect you.

Tell me, do you understand that government CANNOT provide for you what they do not steal from you or others first?

Defense is a personal responsibility.

Take a look at how much crime happens in Switzerland and get back to me. Or in such places where the citizens are armed. Oppposite, look at Chicago right now. They are asking for national guard to patrol the streets. Yeah, taking guns away from the citizenry REALLY works. Pfffft.

If a person is a true criminal, what the hell do I care if someone sends them to meet their final judgement. At least in THAT situation, there would be no qualms about them not being the criminal. So no problem with convicting the wrong person, and no get out of jail free card after 2 years.

PLEASE.

I don't know what the hell you are blabbering about. Jump to these moronic assumptions about me all you want. I'm simply saying dispicable little worm one would have to be to kill someone over money. It is NOT about defending life and property
How you got that, I don't know. He was there to steal money, that's all. The only way someone was going to get hurt was if something like you decided to murder him. And that would be murder as far as I'm concerned.

reply to post by harpsounds

Thank you. The idea that banning the burqa will somehow decrease crime is utterly ridiculous. People robbed banks before the burqa made its way to the west.

<< 1   >>

join