It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs And Holes In The Ground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This is a phenomena that associate with UFOs indirectly, however it can hardly be categorized as "seeing something", as this is physical proof. Proof of what? I don't even have a clue. I put this in this subcategory of the forums as one of these cases happened in Hessdalen, a place commonly associated with UFOs and strange lights.

My best example is in fact Hessdalen, where in the middle of nowhere, three hunters discover a huge hole in the ground with the soil having been dug up and left a few meters away. Mind you, this is a very heavy thing to lift up, several tons. There were no trails of any machinery or anything, so one is left to wonder what might have caused this.

It's also worth mentioning the soil was not cut up in a random shape either, but with precision and clear cuts. It was forty centimeters thick, and weighed somewhere around two tons. In one piece, a few meters away and it weighed aproximately two tons. Go figure.

I recently stumbled across another case like this, and I thought there might be something to this. Hopefully we can colaborate on trying to make sense out of it.

Here's two videos of two different cases you might find interesting.

The Hessdalen case, starts at around 6:30.

The Grand Coulee incident, near the Grand Coulee Dam in the state of Washington.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A mini tracked excavator would do the job without marring the turf on the way in or out.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
A mini tracked excavator would do the job without marring the turf on the way in or out.
Well I agree somebody cut it out for some reason, but how can that little bucket remove what looks like a solid slab 1.8m x 5m x .2m? The bucket is too small and the weight of the slab looks like it exceeds the weight capacity of that machine.

It may have been removed by a larger machine, and because of the marshy conditions, the tracks just filled in by the time they got there.

I don't find the video a very credible source of information. For example at 8m30s they say the tree roots were cut with razor precision???? Look at this photo:

I don't see any trees in that angle and even in another angle that shows some very distant trees, I see no evidence there are trees growing around there. Furthermore what they show when they mention tree roots being cut doesn't even really look like a tree root. Since nothing the video says about the tree root seems very credible, that casts doubt on the other claims made by the video as well, like no evidence of machinery.

If we want to have any serious discussion about this topic we need a lot better information source than this very sloppy, highly questionable and suspect video.

The second event is completely different, a big rock moved, which is nothing like a big slab of turf being cut to me. Wally Wallington can move rocks bigger and heavier than that all by himself using sticks and stones.

Building Stonehenge - This Man can Move Anything

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

I think you're going to have to convince me by elaborating on how you think this machine could have done it exactly. I don't even think it could have handled the weight of this piece even.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie

I think you're going to have to convince me by elaborating on how you think this machine could have done it exactly. I don't even think it could have handled the weight of this piece even.

There are hundreds of different machines capable of just that. I was just using this particular one as an example. I think that if the purpose of your OP is to suggest an extraterrestrial/UFO causal link then it is YOU that will have to convince me that a ditch cannot be dug with mere human technology.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Tracks could have been covered up, that's entirely possible. But I would think they searched the area for anything like that, the old man said they couldn't find any indication of any machinery at all.

But when the narrator mentions trees, that could have been a bad translation on his part. I've been on the top of the mountain in Hessdalen, and there's alot of bushes and smaller trees everywhere. So he might have meant bushes, and those have got some pretty strong roots as well. The roots run deep both for the busehs and the trees, and they stretch out over a pretty long distance, so trees might be correct anyway.

And in the case of mistranslation, I don't think that discredits the entire footage though.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
So he might have meant bushes, and those have got some pretty strong roots as well.

And in the case of mistranslation, I don't think that discredits the entire footage though.
I don't see bushes either.

All I see is a grassy area where the slab was cut out.

As far as I and most scientists are concerned, the title alone is enough to discredit the objectivity of the video:

"UFO Portal over Hessdalen"

No truly objective, reliable source of information would have such a wacky title, do you agree?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

If someone wants to speculate or argue that it's extra terrestrials or UFOs doing this, I have no problem with that. It's open for discussion. I try to have a neutral position, and asking questions and arguing for the content presented is a reasonably good way to start the discussion.

But you claimed that the machine you posted could do the job, and I asked how, was that an unreasonable request?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The uploader doesn't have to be the same guy producing the documentary, whatever he names it on youtube is irrelevant.

The real title of the documentary is "The Portal - The Hessdalen Light Phenomenon". Isn't exactly the same is it?

But if you would like to write if off as BS altogether, I've got no problem with that.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think if more people actually watched the whole series, they might change their opinion a bit. The one clip doesn't really put the whole picture into proper perspective of what is going on there That is my humble 2 cents anyway. Thanks for leading me to a nice little documentry.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This video rocks, thanks for sharing it!

top topics

join