It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry flight attendant uses emergency inflatable slide for dramatic exit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Angry flight attendant uses emergency inflatable slide for dramatic exit

news.nationalpost.com

NEW YORK – A flight attendant furious with passengers who refused to follow his instructions told them off over the loudspeaker before grabbing a beer and pulling the emergency inflatable chute to make his own dramatic personal exit, police said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Fixed Title.

[edit on 10/8/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

(click to open player in new window)

This is a typical case regarding stress related working environments across the board. Consider the fact that if his switch was flipped while in mid flight, would he have acted in a similar manner. Its one thing to point out the security involved with airline passengers but no-one has addressed the issue as to the sanity of those in charge of the public's safety.

So next time you decide to board a plane, perhaps asking for a the most recent psychiatric evaluation from the airline regarding the flight attendants might not be so out of line after all.

news.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Fixed Title.

[edit on 10/8/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Thats excellent! what a way to quit a job! Sounds like the passenger in question was being an absolute douche so no need for the psych evaluation IMO!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by March of the Fire Ants

What will not be made available and although it is within the protocol that his behavioral interaction with society. Obviously his pc and all phones records have by now been seized and analyzed. Sadly the core results of countless non spoken experiments that simply fly by the general public and end up as this person are passed off as random acts of aggression.

Keep in mind, societies tolerance level has increased to such a point that its now considered a normal factor in humans to express themselves with a direct or indirect action to the masses.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Funny this happens now. I have a co-worker that has verbally attacked myself and one other person using profanity and a very aggressive attitude. Both of us have reported it, and yet, nothing has been done although this is a fireable offense depending upon the circumstances. Even so, the person should be written up and officially reprimanded, which is the minimal punishment, and has not happened.

I have told 3 seperate supervisors, both direct and one indirect, that I feel this person is hanging by a thread, sanity wise, and warrants some watching and perhaps intervention.

She gets so worked up over minor things that she breaks into a drenching sweat, her face grows visibly red, she becomes short of breath and pants, and even shakes visibly.

Yet, no one is willing to do anything.

I have documented these complaints, because I know sooner or later, she is going to accidentally go off on someone, and has even threatened to hit me. I doubt I will be the one, but you can rest assured that when it does happen, I will go above the supervisors to administration and be sure they know it was known ahead of time, and that multiple complaints have been filed. In fact, she was written up just last Thursday - again.

Where there is smoke, there is fire, and in this case, it couldn't be clearer. The thing is, there is nothing so spectacular about her that they would be willing to allow this to continue the way that have. She is a highly litiginous type, always looking for someone to sue, someone to write up, someone to make look bad, or someone to attack.

She even goes so far as to plan some of her attacks, at least with me, looking around to see if anyone is watching, waiting till I am alone to approach me, etc., and then looking again once she has finished her rampage. I refuse to even look at her or to acknowledge her attacks.

I can guarantee you this guy gave off warning signs. He has probably been complaining for years, and just no one took him seriously when he said, "I mean it, I will go off on the next idiot that demands to get their luggage before we have safely landed!"

It was the supervisors that just didn't listen...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think it is a miracle that more things like this don't happen.

The fact is that most people I see and meet (especially in so called modern society) are so self centered and selfish that they don't care about anyone but themselves. When it comes to things like travel, customer service, public servants -police-firemen-ambulance drivers, nurses (i could never do that...ever) and others that deal with tired, angry, needy,customers all day every day, it's insanity sometimes.

Even jobs like waiting tables or working in a store can be bad because some customers are genuinely evil to them.

I'm lucky. I work on equipment and get to tone out the complaining customers because by the time they call me it's a disaster anyway.

My hat's off to those who deal with masses of people every day. I couldn't do it.

I think the beer and escape slide is a great way to quit a job.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I do sympathtize with the guy, hellavu way to go out.

According to ABC, Mr. Slater was charged with criminal mischief and reckless endangerment. Read more: news.nationalpost.com... #ixzz0wIkDdMws

Ah come on, I can imagine him being fired, but what does the police have to do with it?

He didn´t really endanger anyone I think, if the plane already came to a halt that is.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Somethiong about it being illegal to open the door and use that emergency slide if it is not a real emergency.

I think it mught kind of be like an airbag, once it is popped they have to do a ton of paperwork and then maintenacne to reset it, which effectively takes the plane out of business for a period of time.

Probably the only way the airline can recoup any losses is to press charges and then get fines and penalties out of it.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
What disturbs me the most is that the company stated that at no time were any passengers in any danger whatsoever. Yet the DA is piling up charges and wants to put the guy away for six years. Murderers have gotten less time.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I love this guy... In a non gay way!!! What a way to go out!!!.. I dont think he expected this much repercussion over this though.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
What disturbs me the most is that the company stated that at no time were any passengers in any danger whatsoever. Yet the DA is piling up charges and wants to put the guy away for six years. Murderers have gotten less time.

It seems there simply trying to avoid any negative public relations issues which will equal to millions in loss of customer/revenue.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This man is a legend. It's a shame he's being punished by the law for doing something a bit reckless and out of the ordinary. It's not like he hurt anyone in the process.
Why is the law so good at coming down on those who don't deserve it?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Empty Skies
This man is a legend. It's a shame he's being punished by the law for doing something a bit reckless and out of the ordinary. It's not like he hurt anyone in the process.
Why is the law so good at coming down on those who don't deserve it?

Why ? , well he simply went postal and to make things worse, he has all authority over passengers safety and interests above his own regardless if the plane is in the air or on the ground.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by tristar]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Definitely a candidate to be on the watch list, as its a fine line between madness and insanity, btw, would it possible to tell me what are the majority of colors she or he wears to work ?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Any way you cut it, the guy's got style.

Personally, I would have hit up the first class liquor and made the slide with a bottle of tequila but hey..

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hip hip hooray!! The passenger was, as someone else so lovingly put it, being a douche. Work in customer service for a week and you will understand why this attendant did what he did.

The passenger apparently thought he was better than everyone else because he shouldn't have to obey the rules all others are meant to follow? He should get arrested, not the attendant.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
Hip hip hooray!! The passenger was, as someone else so lovingly put it, being a douche. Work in customer service for a week and you will understand why this attendant did what he did.

The passenger apparently thought he was better than everyone else because he shouldn't have to obey the rules all others are meant to follow? He should get arrested, not the attendant.

Totally agree with you, they should have detained both individuals otherwise its simply a one sided story. But the fact is, that both needed to give statements as to the incident, i guess the reason why the attendant is in a world of # is simply because he used an extreme manner to express his frustration.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
I love this guy... In a non gay way!!! What a way to go out!!!.. I dont think he expected this much repercussion over this though.

Since you brought up the gay angle.......

Wow, what a drama queen moment.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
As a former flight attendant, let me just say, I feel his pain!

People tossing dirty diapers onto the beverage cart in the middle of service (thinking it was the trash cart), people wandering the aisles during turbulence when even the attendants have to sit down (and they wouldn't listen to us). I've been punched in the back by drunk passengers and grabbed a zillion times to get my attention (major pet peeve for me). 'Excuse me, Miss' gets my attention just fine.

People defecating, puking, and peeing all over the lavatories which disables it for the rest of the flight. Being hit with suitcases (which is what happened to the attendant in the article). Passengers engaging in 'hand sex' below blankets in their seat and other passengers coming to me to make them stop.

The list is endless.

This guy is my hero and he dared to actually do what I fantasized about a million times.

So I feel his pain but what he did was still a safety issue.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Meh he just had a bad day. Why did they have to arrest them. I bet he is thinking I should have went "all the way" and killed them all instead of half --- ing it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join