It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased Air Activity In the United Kingdom

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
haven't read every page so may be saying same as others.... - i reckon all UK ATSers should keep our eyes on the sky tonight, maybe go for a walk, take a camera.... let's see if we can proper evidence (or not) of anything apparently unusual.. post anything back to this thread..

mind you, the weather is rubbish... hope the cloud clears!

hth

edited for spelling

[edit on 10-8-2010 by twentythreedom]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Oh i do agree with you completely.

But we have no evidence to support the claim of live actions for war. so therefore we cant say it

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Middle of England here, well slightly more south but anyway.

I've noticed a big jump in air traffic and it's unusual for us because we don't see that much where i live other than the usual high altitude jets and small non commercial planes. However i've seen two chinooks in i think the last month (i've never seen one here before) along with a massive increase in police helicoptor activity. We've had them hovering for 15 minutes at a time shining spotlights in various places. The neighbors have all been talking about it as it wakes many people up.

There could be a perfectly reasonable explanation of course.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Thankyou for your information.

Your post has got me thinking along a different line. Be back in a few hours need to look into something.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
You said it had been going on for months? Well this might explain it:

www.militaryairshows.co.uk...

Then again it might not?

EDIT: Also Airbourne is on from Thursday throught to Sunday and is the biggest seafront airshow in the world. Could be the reason for recent activity.

Thoughts?

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Trying Times]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I live in the north east uk as well. The selby north Yorkshire area to be exact and I have seen quite a few chinook helicopters as well as a few fighter jets over the past few weeks. Ive also spotted a few ufos which have hovered for a few hours and I'm so used to this now I just ignore it. I have tried to film it but I only have my phone camera and it's not showing up. I just wonder if anyone else has seen similar?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
Don't know if this is related or not. I live in the U.S. Alabama and I have since a bunch of eighteen wheelers hauling military vehicles going north on the interstate towards Atlanta, Georgia this weekend while I was traveling. Lived here most of my life and have done alot of traveling. Never seen anything like it.
I was hoping no one near me would chime in....I live in atlanta and I did notice a slight increase of military vehicles(on trains/highway convoys). Heading through. There's a storage depot in decatur and there are more vehicles sitting there than I've seen in the last 7 yrs I've lived in the area.

But, I work nights, so I'm not out during the day much anymore. But I remember about 2 weeks ago maybe, fox5 had reported delays on the highway due to some convoy(mil) moving southbound on ga400 the one morning I actually paid attention to the MSM. Anchor said "don't worry", so I rolled over and assumed my beauty rest...lol.

Well UK peoples, I hope for all our sake on this rock, what your seeing isn't a wartime buildup.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
A large CALFEX (combined arms live firing exercise) has recently finished at Otterburn Training Area, as part of the Armed Forces Pre Op training. Nothing suspicious at all. Just the military doing their thing before sending the troops overseas. I'd be more worried if there was no sign of the armed forces training, as that would mean they were being sent overseas with no preparation.

Obviously, these things aren't plastered all over the internet prior to or during the exercise as it would compromise the exercising troops security. However if you lived in the village of Otterburn, you'd probably not be phased by the sound of artillery firing at 0200hrs, and fast jets coming in low and fast, or the numerous troops coming into the local shop for some cake.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
hey all im back, and thankyou for your inputs,

i hear some people saying that it could be training exercises whilst there is one training exercise occuring at the moment in north northumberland and southern scotland this does not account for the increased activity in other areas, and also bear in mind these 2 training things going on atm are lfe (low flying exercises) and are only for a few helictoptors as mentioned in an earlier post by me on this thread which nobody replied to.

so once again i say this does not explain the increased activity of fighter jets etc

one explenation for this could be air shows around the uk

a full listing of military airshows can be found here

www.militaryairshows.co.uk...

i havent had time to cross reference these with peoples sightings so maybe if people could confirm if there where any airshows near thier areas at the time of the increased air activity?? if these coincide with the sightings then maybe we have a solution

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Don't know if it's relevant but i do notice the same here in the Netherlands. I live near Gilze-Rijen air force base which has now for about 10 years been hosting no jets but only choppers (chinooks and apaches), yet there are more and more jets flying over (low) lately, as if chasing something.

The Netherlands have laws prohibiting low level (military) flight over populated areas, making it all the more strange.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This post seems strange to me and I don't understand what your trying to connect it to:

I know someone in China who said 3 weeks ago that they noticed 4 helicopters which shouldn't have flown over the area

I know someone in NW England who had a friend said they were shipping out to Afghanistan soon

I know a friend who said that adding random pieces of seemingly innocent and trivial occurrences

I'm not saying people aren't being honest in anyway and I know I come across as a tard probably in starting the tone of this reply as such, just to point out the seemingly endless coincidences to show that the military ARE doing what you think they're doing.If you prove this connection and you know they're training for something then what ?

Ultimately now things are going in to trying to link some WW3 or further agenda in Middle-East since that's all we know is going on, why not to Spain or Iceland or the Bermuda Triangle. (and not you OP just the thread in general)

As Reign adds anyone in charge of serious military machinery flying above civilian populations as a daily job as he states would obviously require constant exercise as they do, I live in South Yorkshire 15 miles from Robin Hood airport formerly RAF Finningley and I haven't heard anything or seen anything but that's just me. If there are air shows passed or being planned then I'm pretty sure training gets stepped up a notch.

The only thing I observed in the night sky of the past few days is the clear sky once or twice last week and I could see the stars better than I've ever been able to and it was lovely, also whats with the chinese lantern craze all of a sudden, yet more distractions in the sky if you ask me.

Also as Reign adds about OPSEC, he probably thought you were a terrorist with a truckload of stinger missiles.......asking about "military exercises"

You could of just said you were a resident nearby the noise levels were exceeding the recommended decibals of social acceptance as our statutes and laws and regulations outline and Health and Safety of course.

They were interupting your otherwise quiet and peaceful day and that you would be bringing it up at your next local council meeting as to another reason why we shouldn't have a military base in the area and would be starting a campaign using the above statutes laws and such to fight your cause, at least he probably wouldn't have asked for your address, probably made "opening up a file" much easier for him

Or better yet probably never have called them since thinking they would divulge such information just the same if you rung me and asked why I now mow my garden 3 times a month instead of 2, I'd say none of your business and quit spying on me!

In short if whatever your trying to link is going on and you seem to be spending alot of time doing it which its fine, your entitled too, but fear elements that are being put in to this are clouding just the simple fact that you noticed on a particular day more air activity than usual ?

Regards,

Panda

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I''d say since the beginning of this year in general.....Helicopters all types and alot of low level fighter jets but from the end of july onwards things seemed to have gone quiet here in Swansea, I say quiet but I'm still getting the weird aircraft noises at night over the bay............

Although Labeled as UFO noises, I truly am at a loss as to their origin.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bluepanda

okay you misunderstand, we are not trying to link it to anything but are trying to figure out why some people here have noticed an out of the ordinary increase in military activity, for the most part its speculation on why this could be which is why we havent said OMG WE ARE GOING TO WAR or anything like that

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I went sea fishing the other day down Chesil Beach and I saw a Chinook flying low as if it was practising evasive maneuvers, and another smaller helicopter that I'm not sure about. There's a military base in Dorset though so I guess it's normal to see them flying around.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

I think there's strange going on in everything regarding the skies. Recent clouds that appeared like something out of independance day, weird brighter than normal stars, increase in airtraffic.

There is one thing that I would like to point out, the sunderland airshow was recently held and we already realize that and this is not what we are talking about, if someone already has or is planning on posting this. We are well aware.
The things going on really wierd.
Will be interesting to see.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

i think its all weird also i was just posting 'possible' explenations

and as far as i know air shows do not carry on into the early hours of morning etc etc

and with other posts around here on iran and everything else it certainly makes me wonder, i guess well know if anything is going on soon enough

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I live in the North west of England, seen a couple of military aircrafts in the past few months, never seen one before either, then a couple of them come along in a short space of time.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

I just looked at the MI5 list on the link you posted...I think Israel should be on that list!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is pure speculation, but if they are planning to attack Iran's underground nuclear facilities, would that involve low flying aircraft manoevers to get to the target?

I feel shocked at myself that I am sitting here writing about this, instead of being out on the streets protesting against it.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

it probably would

but dont feel too bad as we cannot protest on speculation can we

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join