It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased Air Activity In the United Kingdom

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Come on! Isn't this just someting to do with the Annual Sunderland Air Show?

Sunderland

The show was roughly 2 weeks ago and I'm guessing the aircraft do not arrive via road, rail or sea.

I live on the flight path of Durham Tees Valley airport and I have seen an increase of traffic but all due to the air show. Christ, it even mentioned 3 weeks ago on the news about the increase in air traffic.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Emesel

I agree with you and i disagree.

It would account for the increase in traffic at the time of the air show. Yes!

But the increased activity has been going on for atleast 3 months before show to current date in my area. So it cant be put down to the air-show.

Its logical and dont get me wrong if thier was a slither of possibility that it was all down to that i would jump on the idea. But sadly its easy to see its more than that.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by True-seer]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer

Update on research

Ok first of all,

I spent some time tracking down the number for a military base at leeming in the uk. I rang up and asked if i could speak to the person that deals with Training excercises now the man on the phone put me on hold. I was on hold for lik 15 minutes then the phone line cut-off they put the dam phone down on me.

So i rang back this time it was the guy i wanted to speak to.

He asked me why i was interested in details of training exercises, I told him that i was doing research into the increased air activity recently. I then said can you explain this.

Now the Reply i got i didnt really understand.

He said "I need your name and address" i went erm ok what for.

He said "well i need to file logs and i need to know who you are"

I said "ok my address is (edited out)

He said "Dont call back again"

The phone cut off.

This is either a matter of something going on or this is a matter of security

This is Military procedure, I would be more worried if they didn't ask who you were. You could have been someone wanting to sit on the hillside with a rocket launcher for all they knew!!

Why would Leeming give out classified information to any Tom, Dick or Harry?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Emesel

See now Classified information yeh.

But what about training excercises already completed,Thier is no need to keep it secret as thier is no harm security. Explain to me why i couldnt even get that information.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

In our orignally post you said 3 weeks, I explained that so now the time frame has gone up to 3 months.

If someone explains why this has been going on, will you come back and state 3 years??

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I was at the Hartlepool Tall Ships event yesterday and there were a lot of fighter planes about. Another two flew over my house this morning.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Emesel

Sorry if i didnt clarify in first post but 3 weeks is when the activity became tremendous. but it has been gradually gaining over the last 3 months.

Kind Regards
True-seer

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Update on research

Ok first of all,

I spent some time tracking down the number for a military base at leeming in the uk. I rang up and asked if i could speak to the person that deals with Training excercises now the man on the phone put me on hold. I was on hold for lik 15 minutes then the phone line cut-off they put the dam phone down on me.

He asked me why i was interested in details of training exercises, I told him that i was doing research into the increased air activity recently. I then said can you explain this.

The phone cut off.

Increased Activity Report
To all ATS members, Could i ask that you try and gather information in the hope that we can uncover some secret plot. A letter/Phone call will do to your local Military Base.

I will be searching for More information over the next few hours. IF you have anything to add please do so.

Also Just Found This Article, Could this explain the increase. Or is this another sign
Obame Secretly Deploys US special Forces

Kind Regards
True-seer

Edit for spelling

Bloody hells bells, that's really serious if they said don't call back again.

Not the English attitude or approach at all.

Now I'm getting even more worried!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I live in the North East of Scotland, fairly close to 2 RAF bases and the only things i have noticed is the change in flight paths of commercial planes. Dont know if its related but thats what i've noticed.

I also heard a very very loud and prolonged "plane type noise" at 2am the other morning, i dont understand why as Aberdeen Airport closes at about midnight and i'd never heard a plane at that time of night before but it wasnt travelling very fast so not sure what it was.

Will keep my eyes peeled though!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
i live in leeds mate and i cant say i have seen anything out of the odd!

i see chinooks all the time, maybe twice a week. no idea where and what there dong like lol

Edit to add:

Im sure RAF do tests in the dales, do you live near there? everytime i go up to the dales i see at least 2 fighter jets

[edit on 10-8-2010 by n00bUK]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
i live in Essex, and whilst I haven't noticed an increase, there was a black helicopter flying extremely low over my house about a week or 2 ago

there have been 4 occasions this has happened over the past 7 years, and when i get past 20 posts or whatever I may make a thread about it.

back to the subject at hand, it wouldn't surprise me if this increase is very real, knowing all the manoeuvres the US etc have been making over the past few months, war is brewing so i won't blow this off as just paranoia

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Hi I live in the southeast of england and for a few months now I have noticed more air activity.
I pointed it out to my friend when she visited and even she thought there was more than normal.

Some of the aircraft I have never seen fly over my area before. Very strange, but it could be nothing. Who knows

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Update on research

Ok first of all,

The phone cut off.

Increased Activity Report
To all ATS members, Could i ask that you try and gather information in the hope that we can uncover some secret plot. A letter/Phone call will do to your local Military Base.

I will be searching for More information over the next few hours. IF you have anything to add please do so.

Also Just Found This Article, Could this explain the increase. Or is this another sign
Obame Secretly Deploys US special Forces

Kind Regards
True-seer

Edit for spelling

It is called OPSEC Operation Security. We are NOT going to give out information on what, when, why, or where we are training to any civilian. Think about it....... What if you are trying to gain intel for a terrorist attack..... Use your head before you jump to conclusions........ FACEPALM

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I've noticed this too. I live a few miles out of Newbury (Berkshire). We often have small planes over due to the local airfield about a mile from my house. But recently we have had huge numbers of obviously military helicopters coming over extremely low, to the point that at times the house is shaking. There are probably around 4 or 5 a day, but some days way more than that.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
There must be somebody here on ATS who knows somebody in one of the Forces, family, friend or whatever, that knows something?

Even if they say they've been sent away, had leave cancelled, t would add to what we already know!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

I also heard a very very loud and prolonged "plane type noise" at 2am the other morning, i dont understand why as Aberdeen Airport closes at about midnight and i'd never heard a plane at that time of night before but it wasnt travelling very fast so not sure what it was.

I live on the south east coast of England and I have been asking people around here about the increase of plane activity around here over the past three or four weeks. Someone said that there was an airshow on around that time, but they don`t go on for that long. We have had a fair few helicopters, both big and small, and one evening a couple of weeks ago two Black jets with extremely narrow wings were in the area for about 15 minuites. Also we had the " plane type noise " in the night, it sounded like a big helicopter was about to land on the house, it was very loud, and seemed not to be going anywhere, just hovering overhead, although nothing was visible. I have lived here for about 40 years and this is far from normal around here.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Good morning everyone--

I realize we are talking about the UK here, but I saw a couple of posts about happenings in the US so I thought I would share what was going on (or not going on) at Fort Bragg, NC. For those of you that don't know, Fort Bragg is home to the US Army Special Operations Command, Airborne Corps Headquarters, 82nd Airborne Division, Special Forces, Delta Force, PsyOps, SOSCOM, no less than seven brigades, and the JFK Special Warfare Center and School; also FORSCOM and USARC are on the way next year.

So basically, Fort Bragg is home to the Army's elite. Any military conflict that the US in involved in, troops from Fort Bragg are the first on the ground (unless the Navy SEALS get there first.

Before Grenada, Panama, Haiti in 1994, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom, Afghanistan it was very obvious they were conducting pre-battle training. You could hear nonstop artillery as well as nonstop C-130 and C-141 flights overhead. We used to have a squadron on A-10s (which were amazing to watch in action) but they moved down to Myrtle Beach, SC.

en.wikipedia.org...(North_Carolina)

Anyway, nothing has been going on here recently. I can only remember hearing artillery one day in the past month. The only odd thing that I have seen, which was extremely odd, was either a couple of F-15, F-18 or F-22s (they were too high to make a positive ID) were circling overhead for a couple of hours the other day. I have never seen that here in 32 years. The closest squadron of fighters in the area are the F-15 at Seymour Johnson AFB (a couple hours away).

If we were going to conduct an air only campaign (like Kosovo) to take out, i dont know, say an Iranian reactor or two there wouldn't be a whole lot of activity at Fort Bragg, maybe except for some Special Forces training.

Anyway, that's just my two cents, sorry it kind of rambled on, it's early here...

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Nikolam]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn

Originally posted by jrmcleod

I live on the south east coast of England and I have been asking people around here about the increase of plane activity around here over the past three or four weeks. Someone said that there was an airshow on around that time, but they don`t go on for that long. We have had a fair few helicopters, both big and small, and one evening a couple of weeks ago two Black jets with extremely narrow wings were in the area for about 15 minuites. Also we had the " plane type noise " in the night, it sounded like a big helicopter was about to land on the house, it was very loud, and seemed not to be going anywhere, just hovering overhead, although nothing was visible. I have lived here for about 40 years and this is far from normal around here.

Holy S**t that is exactly what happened...exactly as you described it...it was very surreal, it seemed like it was getting louder and louder as if it was getting closer to my house, like a helicopter but it was like 2am and my house is in the country side in mountinous areas...

very bizarre, anyone else had this?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I was at work last week having a fag outside whilst doing the bins with a colleague. We were sat down and we heard a helicopter... it wasn't dark yet and the chopper in action was a Chinook

We live and work nowhere near a military base, we hardly see fighter jets... but as chinook is even more bizarre...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join