It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased Air Activity In the United Kingdom

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Boy o Boy am I glad I live in a remote place like the Wilds of the West of Ireland..absolutely no Bad vibes except the odd Road Block looking for Cars without Tax!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
In the past week I'v seen four military helecopters, three of them being chinooks and one which I never recognised although my friend did however I cannot remember the name he called it.

As well as this I also seen some sort of military plane, no windows, mostly black with sharp feautures meaning no curved sides or anything, which I also couldn't name then today at around 8.45 am, I seen seven green land rover discoveries driven by army guys being drove north east, the same way the Chinooks were heading.

The plane however was heading north, it disappeard into the distance for about fifteen minutes then I seen it flying back south over the same place before appearing again shortly after, heading the same way once more.

I'm not suggesting anything by this post but I'v never seen this amount of military vehicles and aricrafts in my life, never mind in a week!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I live in Dundee Scotland, which is north east UK, next saturday at R.A.F. Leuchars (which is about 30 miles away or so) they are having a big air show. The week before big air shows u will often see higher aircraft activity as they all come in from different places.

Ignore the threat levels, they are constantly elevated. Something probably will happen soon with all the tension in the world at the minute. i just dont think its now.

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I hadn't seen this thread, but only today I created my own thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Something is definitely going on....

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
4 miles from East Midlands Airport approx. 22:14 Hrs Thursday Night 30th September.

6 Fighter Jet's I think...

Goes on..

Travelled in pairs and close. Heard Sonic Boom, Sound Barrier.

Of which 4 travelled to East Midlands and the last two had 3 indentical red lights shaped as a traingle under the crafts. The other four crafts had one slow-blinking red-light.

The last two headed towards North bound M1 Nottingham.

They were very low as it shook the house and garage door's and window's???

This image looks very much like what I viewed lastnight.

defensenews-updates.blogspot.com...

edit on 1-10-2010 by DClairvoyant because: defensenews-updates.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DClairvoyant
4 miles from East Midlands Airport approx. 22:14 Hrs Thursday Night 30th September.

6 Fighter Jet's I think...

Goes on..

Travelled in pairs and close. Heard Sonic Boom, Sound Barrier.

Of which 4 travelled to East Midlands and the last two had 3 indentical red lights shaped as a traingle under the crafts. The other four crafts had one slow-blinking red-light.

The last two headed towards North bound M1 Nottingham.

They were very low as it shook the house and garage door's and window's???

This image looks very much like what I viewed lastnight.

defensenews-updates.blogspot.com...

edit on 1-10-2010 by DClairvoyant because: defensenews-updates.blogspot.com...

Sonic booms. LOL. You do realise that thousands of people would be reporting the same thing over such a populated area. That is where so many of such reports fall down.

During 2008 an RAF Typhoon suffered an in-flight emergency and and to descent rapidly. During the descent the Typhoon produced a sonic boom heard over the Midlands.

www.expressandstar.com...

TJ

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Look..Ya Plank! I witnessed enough noise to shake the flippin' house and not to mention whilst I was training in my home-gym, it shook the blinkin garage door and there was something unusual happening up above as it was very strange 4 identical crafts shaped as normal jet planes and two identical triangle shaped crafts chasing the first four with three red light's under each craft constantly on, without the blinking effect from the other four.

Speaking of thousand's, we don't even have in the regions of thousands living out here in the countryside, more in the hundred's of people around here haven't got the time to be reporting such sighting's, if anything we so used to military aviation, not many people around here give a toss, in all fairness.

I also just remembered, that was the thursday night a few weeks ago that we had tremendous rainfall and thunder storms shortly after the military flew-over. So whether they are doing training in extreme weather condition's up there, who know's.
edit on 15-10-2010 by DClairvoyant because: Added comment.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

reply to post by tommyjo

Look..Ya Plank! I witnessed enough noise to shake the flippin' house and not to mention whilst I was training in my home-gym, it shook the blinkin garage door and there was something unusual happening up above as it was very strange 4 identical crafts shaped as normal jet planes and two identical triangle shaped crafts chasing the first four with three red light's under each craft constantly on, without the blinking effect from the other four.

Speaking of thousand's, we don't even have in the regions of thousands living out here in the countryside, more in the hundred's of people around here haven't got the time to be reporting such sighting's, if anything we so used to military aviation, not many people around here give a toss, in all fairness.

I also just remembered, that was the thursday night a few weeks ago that we had tremendous rainfall and thunder storms shortly after the military flew-over. So whether they are doing training in extreme weather condition's up there, who know's.

But you weren't experiencing a sonic boom as you previously reported. A sonic boom is going to stretch for hundreds of miles and will not go unreported. Go to an on-line map of East Midlands Airport and look at the populated areas in that region all of which would have experienced a sonic boom as you described in your initial post. No military aircraft in UK airspace is whizzing about at supersonic speeds and especially over populated areas. A sonic boom over such an area is not going to go unreported and neither is the speed of such an aircraft going to go un-noticed by Air Traffic Control surveillance in the region.

All you are witnessing is routine military traffic at night. Check out You Tube for the various people claiming that they are seeing lights is triangular shaped formations. They think because the air navigation light form a triangle that the aircraft itself is triangular shaped.

Yet another case of an unqualified witness jumping to conclusions over what they thought they saw and experienced at night. A few military jets go over your house in formation, rattle your house and suddenly you are reporting sonic booms. Have you ever experienced a sonic boom. I have. Trust me if you were subjected to a sonic boom then you would know about it along with people hundreds of miles surrounding you.

TJ

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

reply to post by tommyjo

To further clarify the matter in hand. RAF Lakenheath (USAF base with F-15C Eagle and F-15E Strike Eagle) were night flying that night you witnessed the aircraft. They transited over the Nottingham area onwards to the Litchfield corridor and into Wales. They were tracked by aircraft enthusiasts using the likes of plane plotter and intercepted communications with Air Traffic Control.

All you heard and witnessed was the F-15s transiting via the established Air Traffic Control routes to night exercise in Wales. No supersonic flights and therefore no sonic booms in violation of strict regulations. Your post is yet another example of unqualified and excitable witnesses reporting on routine military training exercises and flights in the UK.

TJ

edit on 16-10-2010 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

reply to post by tommyjo

But you weren't experiencing a sonic boom as you previously reported. A sonic boom is going to stretch for hundreds of miles and will not go unreported. Go to an on-line map of East Midlands Airport and look at the populated areas in that region all of which would have experienced a sonic boom as you described in your initial post. No military aircraft in UK airspace is whizzing about at supersonic speeds and especially over populated areas. A sonic boom over such an area is not going to go unreported and neither is the speed of such an aircraft going to go un-noticed by Air Traffic Control surveillance in the region.

All you are witnessing is routine military traffic at night. Check out You Tube for the various people claiming that they are seeing lights is triangular shaped formations. They think because the air navigation light form a triangle that the aircraft itself is triangular shaped.

Yet another case of an unqualified witness jumping to conclusions over what they thought they saw and experienced at night. A few military jets go over your house in formation, rattle your house and suddenly you are reporting sonic booms. Have you ever experienced a sonic boom. I have. Trust me if you were subjected to a sonic boom then you would know about it along with people hundreds of miles surrounding you.

TJ

Where I have highlighted yet it was clearly turning to night however there was enough day-light to see the aircraft up above. They were flying low enough to make out the wing's, missles, wing-tails, and cockpits, it's not like I saw a black blob in the sky with a red light. I could clearly see them and speaking of which one after the other manuvoring a sort-a 30 degree angle to the right and they both achieved this well and it was fascintaing to view.

Don't start categorising me in the 'unqualified section'. It's insulting, I'm not looking for attention, only reporting what bother's me and do not like it happening over here, we're trying to chill-out for crying out loud. It's bad enough having these chaps fly fast and low and at unusal times as they please. Yes I over-exaggerated about the Sonic boom, however it was the excitment of the boom sound and heck I should have mis-edited that out 'Sonic Boom'.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

reply to post by tommyjo

TJ

Where I have highlighted yet it was clearly turning to night however there was enough day-light to see the aircraft up above. They were flying low enough to make out the wing's, missles, wing-tails, and cockpits, it's not like I saw a black blob in the sky with a red light. I could clearly see them and speaking of which one after the other manuvoring a sort-a 30 degree angle to the right and they both achieved this well and it was fascintaing to view.

Don't start categorising me in the 'unqualified section'. It's insulting, I'm not looking for attention, only reporting what bother's me and do not like it happening over here, we're trying to chill-out for crying out loud. It's bad enough having these chaps fly fast and low and at unusal times as they please. Yes I over-exaggerated about the Sonic boom, however it was the excitment of the boom sound and heck I should have mis-edited that out 'Sonic Boom'.

No problem, but you were still jumping to conclusions and exaggerating. For example your claim that they looked like Taranis UCAVs.

In this thread there are examples of individuals simply misidentifying, not understanding what is going on and spinning into fantasy conclusions.

A good resource is the various aircraft enthusiast forums in the UK. Many have sections where a lot of the information on exercises and monitoring of those exercises take place.

forums.airshows.co.uk...

www.aeroresource.co.uk...

A good source for exercise and also contacts to complain if you so wish.

www.mod.uk...

TJ

edit on 17-10-2010 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Thankyou for the links, at least now I have something to work with incase I do pick up on something unusual.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

reply to post by tommyjo

Thankyou for the links, at least now I have something to work with incase I do pick up on something unusual.

No problem.

TJ

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join