It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alright. The Cube Game!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Have any of you ever played The Cube Game? Here is how it works. Beware~ its amazingly psychologically accurate, it was for me anyways and for at least 10 other people i got to do it. It was eye opening and lots of people laughed, and some cried. dont read the end of the post because it gives away the "secret!" ok....here it is! *one thing: no one is quite sure how it got started but it was in a book i read called "The Cube Game." I didnt copy this from any website this is exactly as i remember it from the book!)*

the more detailed you go (perspective-wise and such) the better answers you will get!

ok...
Imagine you are in the desert, plain and simple.
Just desert and sky.

Now before you, there is a cube. How big is the cube? Where is the cube at? What is the cube made out of? Describe the cube you see. are there any special features associated with the cube?

Now there is a ladder. Where is the ladder in proximity to the cube? What is the ladder made of?

Also there is a horse. What color and size is the horse? What is the horse doing? Where is the horse in reference to the cube?

Now there are flowers. how many flowers are there and where?

Lastly there is a storm, how close or far away is the storm and what happens to the horse and ladder when the storm comes?

OK

ready for the answers now??

lol

ok ...
well the cube is............................. you. the ladder, is your friends. the horse, is your lover or ideal lover. the flowers are children, and the storm is your troubles in life and how far away they are from you at the moment.

Heres one other set of questions too if you enjoyed that:

1.Visualize yourself in a white room, your laying on a bed, and everything is white. How do you feel?

2. Now picture your favorite animal. What is it? What feelings do you associated with the animal?

3. What is your favorite color? What feelings does your favorite color give you?

4. Now imagine you are at the ocean all by yourself. What is the first thing you do?

ok now question 1, is supposed to be your view of death. Question 2, is supposed to be how your friends see you. Question 3 is how you see yourself. Question 4 is how you feel about sex/intimacy.

Hope yall enjoyed! let me if this was accurate for you!

peace
mp

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well I read your whole post.. slowly. I did not skip to the end and.. I don't get it.

I do not understand as you claim how

It was eye opening and lots of people laughed, and some cried.

When I read the above statement I thought this thread was going to be like the lemon thing.

Imagine you are holding a lemon. You can see it clearly. It is yellow. Notice the little pits in the skin. Imagine the smell of the lemon. Now, Take a Big Bite!

If imagined correctly and long enough to make it real, when you imagine taking a bite of this imaginary lemon, your mouth will water and pucker up just as if you had bit into a real lemon.

But I didn't get anything like that from your post.. perhaps I'm missing the point?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Normally I am rarely amused by any of these types of tricks but I have to admit that the results of this really do match my real life situation. Or at least my perception of it. Very interesting.

[edit on 8/9/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Sorry double post due to internet acting up.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

Rather interesting, but not very informative since I knew already my situations.
One question though: Was this to be for "educational purposes only" or would you like us to share our answers?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I really dig the first one. Out of interest I will post my results:

1. My cube is 17ft cubed
2. My cube is next to a saguaro cactus
3. My cube is made of glass
4. There is a trapped man inside my cube.
5. The ladder is 30 ft from my cube.
6. The ladder is made of composite materials and reaches to a nowhere point in the sky.
7. The horse is a brownish-white and average sized.
8. The horse is eating sand and looking at me.
9. The horse is not near the cube.
10. There are 3 flowers near the horse.
11. The storm is far far away, near the mountains.
12. When the storm approaches, the horse watches it.
13 When the storm approaches, the ladder grows in height.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by pirhanna]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Not accurate for me, but im unlikely to be easily categorized.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Anyone have thoughts on a horse eating sand?
second line

[edit on 9-8-2010 by pirhanna]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Maybe an allegory for an empty or meaningless effort? Or for futility? Though as I ponder yours I am still trying to figure out why I imagine myself as a small, black cube and why my ladder is neon, thin, and goes all the way into the sky. lol

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
well as for the crying, there were quite a few intoxicated people playing. one kept saying that they just keep going inside theyre cube to protect them from the storm etc. so when i said the cube was them, they got upset because they realized they go inside themselves to avoid pain instead of facing it head on. another person said theyre cube took up half the sky and rotated on an axis and switched rotation every 12 hours (like the eath). that person had the biggest ego i have ever met in my life

its pretty cool tho... only you can interpret your own cube

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by pirhanna

Maybe an allegory for an empty or meaningless effort? Or for futility? Though as I ponder yours I am still trying to figure out why I imagine myself as a small, black cube and why my ladder is neon, thin, and goes all the way into the sky. lol

That could make sense.

Maybe the small black cube could be you trying not to remember something about yourself? I have an idea as the ladder to nowhere in the sky (cuz mine was too). You're friend relationships aren't really going anywhere. They are there but there's a kind of separation between them and you. Probably more to it than that, but that's what popped in my head about it.

Neon... exciting? got me. depends on how you view neon I guess.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
ok, i looked up "the cube game" and found this site which is supposed to be helpful in interpreting your cube

www.pick-up-artist-forum.com...

lol its a LAME site, ill try to find a better one....but it does help with interpretation..

[edit on 9-8-2010 by matrixportal]

[edit on 9-8-2010 by matrixportal]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

i agree it could mean that your friendships are going no where, but couldnt it also mean that your friends help you "reach the top"?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Okay I'll play.

My cube wasn't terribly small, but by no means large. It had that old rusted iron look to it, and it's edges were curved. Parts of it were shinny and it was partially sunk into the sand.

The ladder was close to the cube, about the cube's length away. It was about 15 times the height of the cube, and just looked like a regular construction ladder, orange in color and plain aluminum steps.

The horse was actually one of those see-saw plastic horsee's and was rocking back and forth kicking up sand as it went, burrowing ever so slightly. It was about 2/3 the height of the ladder. Brown colored, blond hair.

The flowers were everywhere. Strange as it was in a dessert.

The storm was in the distance, but there was lightning and it looked really dark. As it came through the ladder fell over, but the horsee just sunk in a little and rode it through. The flowers were uprooted and spun into the air until the storm dissipated.

I found this to be a little strange. I really don't think my ideal lover is plastic-- superficial. Nor am I really attracted to blonds. I like brunettes or redheads usually.

Then there's the children who spun up to counter the storm. Hmm... I'm not sure how to interpret that really. Like that childish qualities, being spiritual and giving will counter any storm no matter how violent??

think I messed up somewhere.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by unityemissions]

new topics

top topics

join