It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-INDIVIDUALS: Al Qaeda Group Leader Killed in Saudi Arabia While Disposing of Johnson's Body

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Val

The timeline is strange, probably because so much was happening so fast, and the information was coming in so rapidly. I could have sworn that, what I heard today was

1. They had killed him
2. They had found his body
3. There was a shootout and three al Qaeda were killed. They were disposing of the body when the firefight broke out.

At least 30 minutes between 1&2 and 2&3.

But then again, I might be wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the info jsobecky. I had read that there was a call to create a diversion in the streets of Riyahd. That made me wonder.

We may never know.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It sucks. I wish it could all just come to an end. Why do people need hate, war, and murder? I've never understood it and I never will.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Your turn, Paul. Show no mercy.
Death's a bitch, too.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Apparently the Saudi 'anti-terrorist police unit' is made up entirely of ex-sas from the UK. There's a lot to be made out there if you're an ex-member. Several people i know have left the regiment to pursue careers in the middle east working as advisors or operatives for both governments and the private sector.

R

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Muqrin's group had posted photographs of Johnson's severed head on a Web site, six days after the 49-year-old aviation engineer was kidnapped in Riyadh.Saudi authorities said on Saturday they had killed al Qaeda leader Abdulaziz al-Muqrin and three other prominent militants after they beheaded U.S. hostage Paul Johnson.

State television broadcast pictures of the bodies of Muqrin and the three others, saying all had been involved in the recent surge of violence against foreigners in the kingdom., Saudi authorities say the militants were cornered at a petrol station in Riyadh, after witnesses spotted them throwing Mr Johnson's body from their car.

An Interior Ministry statement read out on television named the other three dead militants as Faisal al-Dakheel, Turki al-Muteiri and Ibrahim al-Dreihim. Dakheel was wanted for killings including that of an American in Riyadh. Saudi officials said they also arrested 12 al-Qaeda suspects. They also seized forged documents, a large number of weapons,three rocket propelled grenades, 16 pipe bombs, 10 hand grenades and currency worth around $37,000, two weeks ago. And 3 three cars one of which is believed to have been used in an attack on a BBC team...more

Abdul Aziz al-Muqrin and three other militants died in a shootout in Riyadh after dumping American Paul Johnson's body, Saudi officials said.
A posting on an Islamist website had denied the militant chief was dead US President George W Bush condemned Mr Johnson's murder, saying it "shows the evil nature of the enemy we face".
BBC NEWS

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I watching Foxnews and a Saudi Ambassador. Both are saying that they did not recover Mr. Johnson's body.

Anyone else hear this?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Pics are out. These are from Ogrish.com, **Still Waiting to be confirmed**

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Now reported on CNN as well...Johnson's body has not been recovered...

"Despite earlier reports, Paul Johnson's corpse is still missing and a search is under way Saturday, said Adel Al-Jubeir, the foreign affairs adviser to Crown Prince Abdullah.

The determination that Johnson was killed was based on an analysis of the videotape released by the terrorist group, Al-Jubeir said. Earlier reports said Johnson's remains had been discovered Friday night."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Let's watch this story closely. If indeed it was Abdul Aziz al-Muqrin who was killed, you can bet that it was important that he be a bit too dead to talk. That certainly wasn't al-Muqrin in the video. I seriously doubt any arabs were involved in Johnson's death - let's see which way the Saudis jump regarding "evidence".

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
I watching Foxnews and a Saudi Ambassador. Both are saying that they did not recover Mr. Johnson's body.

Anyone else hear this?

YES,engaged, killers wilst dumping pjohnson,s body but failed too retrieve body?........a wee bit strange ,is it not?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join