It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-INDIVIDUALS: Al Qaeda Group Leader Killed in Saudi Arabia While Disposing of Johnson's Body

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Saudi officials report that the leader of the group behind the death of Paul Johnson has been killed in Riyadh. Abdul Aziz al-Muqrin, age 33, was killed in a gun battle following the news of Paul Johnson's death. Two brothers, Faisal and Bandar al-Dakheel, were killed as well as two other men, and reports indicate the raids came just after Mr. Johnson's body was being disposed of.
Two other suspected terrorists fled the scene.

Reuters

US Officials have confirmed reports of al-Muqrin's death.

Al Qaeda of the Arabian Peninsula is the group behind the capture and execution of American hostage Paul Johnson. al-Muqrin is believed to be the hooded man in the video released on Tuesday threatening to kill Mr. Johnson if their demands were not met.

The same group also claimed responsibility for the killing of several other Westerners in the Kingdom in recent weeks, as well as the hostage situation in Khobar that found 22 people died.

Details to follow . . .

Related ATSNN Stories:
Group Threatens to Execute American Hostage Paul Johnson
American Hostage Paul Johnson Beheaded
al-Qaeda Issues New Warnings. Western Airliners Targeted

Related ATS Discussion:
al-Muqrin Dead

Related News Stories:
ABCNews.go.com
Biography of al-Muqrin
Sky.com

[edit on 18-6-2004 by Banshee]

[edit on 20-6-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 6-24-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Abdulaziz al-Moqrin was the hooded man in the first video released showing a still captive Paul Johnson.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
they were dumping the body

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I wonder if they got all of them or just the leader...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
sorry for being blunt but these evil men deserve all they get. In fact anti terrorist squads should have a chainsaw per squad. Give the buggers a taste of their own medicine.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If the Saudi's will continue this type of effort wholeheartedly with the coaliton on the war on terror it would be huge. They are risking their existence by this swift action on the Al-Qaeda leader and there will be reprisals coming from the terrorists. So in my opinion this is a VERY big step in the W.O.Terror.

Keep your EYES on this country in the upcoming months to see if the Saudi Gov't has the willpower to see it through.

In a day which filled me with anger & frustration, it is nice to see swift justice thanks to (of all people), the Saudi Gov't....

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Saudi officials report that Abdul Aziz al-Muqrin, age 33, was killed in raids following the news of Paul Johnson's death. Two other men were killed as well, and reports indicate the raids came as Mr. Johnson's body was being disposed of.

Talk about poetic justice. Well Abdul, while you fry in your own hell may I suggest you consider this ... Karma is a bitch.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This news is great !!!! I'm very pleased that one of the Gov't took control of the situtation and someone got the death sentence for the murder of Mr. Johnson
, it's about time
. The Saudi's need to keep this up,

[edit on 18-6-2004 by nanna_of_6]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Upon hearing this I litterly jumped for joy, not nice I know, but the guy deserved
everything he got

Its great that he was "Removed" so soon after the killing of Paul Johnson, Rather than being allowed to sit around gloating about it and spreading FUD around Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
two more men were also killed during the shooting. their bodies are now at the Interior Ministry Hospital were forensic studies are being conducted.
A 4th suspect made his way out and apparently escaped.
At that time 3 more police operatives were under way on other city areas.

They were not disposing the body at that time, they hade done it a few moments later. They were killed when they were ambushed by a police special team.

more to come...

k

[edit on 18-6-2004 by kolope]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I noticed that in one of the stills of Mr. Johnson, you could see 3 men standing there, 1 of which was holding the head. I can only hope that the 3 dead are the ones in the photo, and the one that escaped was the camera man.

[edit on 6/18/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I want to vent here. I want them all to die. I am going to be carrying weapons with me at all times now, because I want them to die. Sorry its just how i feel now cant trust them!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
get the british SAS in to deal with them. SAS are vicious counter terrorist soldiers brutal deadly and shoot to kill. Let them loose give them weapons vehicles and a mandate to hunt these scum down....

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I am very saddend and disgusted about Mr.Johnson's death, my prayers go out to his family and loved ones.

I am very glad however that these scum were killed, in a more ironic way while disposing of the poor man's body. I'm shocked that the Saudis are helping us like this. I do not like the Saudi gov that much, with their doubledealing and all, but if they keep this up and help us kill these buggers, it'll be a big boost.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
B.

Thanks for directing me here..

I'm not sure how to feel.

I do not Mourn for serpents. I think some justiced was served here.

Ok,,,I might do a Snoopy Dance later...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Good move by the Saudi government. You know they are going to pay for that down the road. Too bad all 4 men didn't get killed. The 4th will surely be executed.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar
I want to vent here. I want them all to die. I am going to be carrying weapons with me at all times now, because I want them to die. Sorry its just how i feel now cant trust them!!!

Just curious when you say you want them all to die do you mean just the terrorists (as it should be b/c I'd like to see them all removed as well) or Muslims in general? If it's the later then that's ashame. People in this country need to seperate the terrorists from the non-terrorists. I mean whites get mad when some blacks try to ask for reperations since the first words out of your mouths are "I shouldn't pay for the sins of my father," yet on this War on Terror I hear so many of you saying "kill em all, I don't care etc. etc., just nuke em all!" Now basically that's no different than some blacks who have asked for slave reperations b/c in essence it's dealing with the "sins of my father, other" type of deal. So how is it right in one case when one group does it but not in another? It's not b/c in both cases it's stupid and really holds no ground. You can't lob everyone in a group as guilty just b/c a few from that group acted out dumb intentions.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Finally at the right thread. Okay, I believe an ATS member broke the news of all hell breaking loose last night...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Finally at the right thread. Okay, I believe an ATS member broke the news of all hell breaking loose last night...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not sure, Val, current reports indicate that the gun battle occured today shortly after Mr. Johnson's body was discovered.
I know Saudi forces & the FBI were hunting for the group and Mr. Johnson over the last couple days, so I'm inclined to think last night's reported gunfire was part of that searching....

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm beginning to believe in karma.
joey

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join