It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Ball Object Seen Flying Over WTC on 9/11

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

That's pretty convoluted thinking....totally backward, sideways and inside-out, all at the same time!!

Here's a grand idea!! Basically, using just this one example, this person named "Rich" who is responsible or the video that is the point of this thread, why not actually CONTACT him directly, and ask??

I'll wager that HIS answer will be that he absolutely, 100% believes in what he states in the video, and beieves in his (wacky and insane as they are) conclusions and interpretations.

SO...i suggest someone contact him, and accuse him of being some sort of "cover-up" artist, intentionally suggesting the most inane "theories" and putting them out there as part of a dedicated "dis-info" campaign.

Would be most interested in his response!

(I doubt very much he's doing this for any other reason than he does believe it....like "Simon Shack", and just about any of their similar ilk).

BTW...since this bloke "Rich" adores "Simon Shack", apparently. (He did reference that joke of a "film" September Clues....it's interesting to note, over the years, "Simon Shack's" reaction to those who criticized HIM!! He was quite vitriolic, and rude, and dismissive whilst defending his nut-job ideas....

These people aren't "dis-info" artists...they're LOONS!!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So that Ball is not a Jet Plane its not a Bird its not a Helicopter, its not a Missile, then what is it?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
So that Ball is not a Jet Plane its not a Bird its not a Helicopter, its not a Missile, then what is it?

It's a helicopter, filmed at a long distance. Long ago I saw this and at first thought it was a UFO. But I was able to track down only one other angle of that orb in another piece of footage, and it only shows for a split second. But in that second piece of brief footage, you can just barely make out the rest of the copter. And no, I am not going to dig through gigabytes of footage I have to find it. But that's an honest answer from someone who's been there, done that...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

I don't understand your question...so, I had to go back ,hold my nose, and try to see the videos and see what you meant....

In Part 1, at about 4:20 or so, the shot is of United 175 approaching the South Tower. The "RichPlanet" morons label it with an arrow, and call it a "ball".

It is the AIRPLANE.

Any things that are pointed out, that appear to "hover" over the WTC??

(Since that's in teh title of the OP...)

Things hovering are HELICOPTERS!

( Or, blimps/airships/hot air balloons/kites, etc. BUT, there weren't any known blimps/airships/hot air balloons or kites in that area, that morning, so we can rule those out, correct??
)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hedera Helix

So where did all the jet fuel come from... that came down the elevator shafts and fried all the people who were in the lobby of the building at the time of impact???

There is documentary footage, I believe it was a french crew following a fire house, of firefighters running into the lobby of WTC where the elevators are sealed, NO damage to the elevators, and the windows of the lobby are blown in.

www.youtube.com...

This would seem to back up the theory that a van exploded outside, there is also audio of NYC PD dispatch to a couple of cops who had apprehended 2 men from this van. I believe there was even two more incidents of men in vans being arrested one near the George Washington Bridge and another in New Jersey.

www.youtube.com..., watch from 5:00 forward.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

My point is there is enough evidence to support alternative theories. You might want to look into these before laying into somebody. Unless of course you think the official story is a rock solid explanation for the events of that day.

Do your homework before shooting down alternative theories.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

No way is that a Helicopter! i dont see how you could call that orb a Helicopter!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bphi1908

There is documentary footage, I believe it was a french crew following a fire house, of firefighters running into the lobby of WTC where the elevators are sealed, NO damage to the elevators, and the windows of the lobby are blown in.

there are multple witnesses reporting the jet fuel blowing down the shafts and exploding from the elevators

Numerous people suffered severe, even fatal burns from the jet fuel fireball in the lobby

Here are multple accounts of lobby witnesses

Firefighter John Morabito of ladder 10, which is just 200 yards from the north tower.

“Just inside the front entrance, Morabito found two victims of the fireball. A man, already dead, was pushed against a wall, his clothes gone, his eyeglasses blackened, his tongue lying on the floor next to him. The other was a woman, with no clothes, her hair burned off, her eyes sealed.

“The woman, she sat up. I’m yelling to her, ‘Don’t worry, we’re going to help you,’” Morabito said. “She sat up and was trying to talk, but her throat had closed up. She died right there.” www.fdnytenhouse.com...

Mercedes Rivera: I saw a burned woman in a sitting position in the lobby, as if she was still typing behind a desk.... She was already dead.” Susan Hagen and Mary Carouba. Women at Ground Zero: Stories of Courage and Compassion. Indianapolis: Alpha Books, 2002. P. 22

Dave Bobbitt, Port Authority Operations
"It was quite hectic, and we did what we could to stay in contact with the elevator passengers while helping to direct other people out of the building and direct firemen to the stairs and the elevators," Bobbitt remarked. "When entering the North Tower, we saw the marble on the walls was severely cracked, and Riccardelli told everyone to stay back from the walls. Don (Parente) noticed that the doors of elevators number 6 and 7 had been blown out." –Courage Above and Beyond the Call of Duty: A Report of the September 11, 2001 Experiences of Port Authority Engineers at the World Trade Center

Lobby & 3rd floor: Firefighter Peter Blaich
As we got to the third floor of the B stairway, we forced open an elevator door which was burnt on all three sides. The only thing that was remaining was the hoistway door. And inside the elevator were about I didn’t recognize them initially, but a guy from 1 Truck said oh my God, those are people. They were pretty incinerated. And I remember the overpowering smell of kerosene. That’s when Lieutenant Foti said oh, that’s the jet fuel. I remember it smelled like if you’re camping and you drop a kerosene lamp.

The same thing happened to the elevators in the main lobby. They were basically blown out. I do’nt recall if I actually saw people in there. What got me initially in the lobby was that as soon as we went in, all the windows were blown out, and there were one or two burning cars outside. And there were burn victims on the street there, walking around. We walked through this giant blown-out window into the lobby.

There was a lady there screaming that she didn’t know how she got burnt. She was just in the lobby and then next thing she knew she was on fire. She was burnt bad. And somebody came over with a fire extinguisher and was putting water on her.

That’s the first thing that got me. That and in front of one of the big elevator banks in the lobby was a desk and I definitely made out one of the corpses to be a security guard because he had a security label on his jacket. I’m assuming that maybe he was at a table still in a chair and almost completely incinerated, charred all over his body, definitely dead. And you could make out like a security tag on his jacket. And I remember seeing the table was melted, but he was still fused in the chair and that elevator bank was melted, so I imagine the jet fuel must have blown right down the elevator shaft and I guess caught the security guard at a table, I guess at some type of checkpoint. www.firehouse.com...

Brian Reeves, a 34-year-old security guard, was nearly killed while making the rounds in the lobby of 1 World Trade Center on September 11. He started to run after hearing an explosion that he said sounded like a missile, but he was knocked down by a fireball that roared down the elevator shaft.

Reeves suffered third-degree burns to 40 percent of his body before he was able to pat out the flames. He was one of 20 critically-injured patients rushed to New York Presbyterian’s burn unit that day. www.ny1.com...

Ronnie Clifford and Jennianne Maffeo
At around 8.45am, Ronnie walked into the lobby of the Marriott, which was connected to the lobby of the north tower by a revolving door. As he was checking his yellow tie in a mirror, he felt a massive explosion, followed several seconds later by a reverberation, a warping effect that he describes as the "harmonic tolerance of a building that's shaking like a tuning fork". He peered through the revolving door into the lobby of the north tower. It was filling with haze. People were scurrying to escape what had become a "hurricane of flying debris".

Then the revolving door turned with a suctioning sound followed by a hot burst of wind, and in came a mannequin of the future. A woman, naked, dazed, her arms outstretched. She was so badly burned that Ronnie had no idea what race she was or how old she might be. She clawed the air with fingernails turned porcelain-white. The zipper of what had once been a sweater had melted into her chest, as if it were the zipper to her own body. Her hair had been singed to a crisp steel wool. With her, in the gust of the door, came a pungent odour, the smell of kerosene or paraffin, Ronnie thought.

Then the mannequin became a person, crying for help. Ronnie had little idea what had happened to her, or where exactly she had come from, but he knew that whoever she was, she was his responsibility now.

With no medical training, Ronnie Clifford scarcely knew what to do with the helpless woman who stood before him. He sat her down on the cool marble floor, then dashed into the bathroom and ran water into a clean black garbage bag that he found. He hurried back out and dribbled the contents over her body. Then he sat down on the puddled floor and tried to comfort her. Despite her condition, she was lucid.

He took out a pen and notepad and jotted down her information. Her name was Jennieann Maffeo. She was Italian-American, from Brooklyn, single, 40 years old. She worked for USB PaineWebber. She was an asthmatic, she said, and had an extreme intolerance to latex. She could not adequately describe what had happened to her.

She had been standing outside the north tower next to a man she knew, waiting for a bus, when she heard a loud crash above. In an effort to protect them from falling debris, a security guard herded everyone inside the tower's lobby. Suddenly, she told Ronnie, something bright and hot enveloped her, a vapour maybe. She thought it could have dropped down the elevator shaft. She was worried about the man who'd been next to her. Surely he was dead, she feared.

“He thought he was the lucky one, but then tragedy struck” Irish Independent, Sept. 11, 2002. (The above is an excerpt. Ronnie Clifford was able to get Jennieann Maffeo to an ambulance. She died in the hospital on October 12, 2001.) www.unison.ie...

I have a badly burned lady at the lobby of …they need an ambulance ASAP…One World Trade Center. (Port Authority Transcript WTC Ch. 15 EMS direct line, p. 5)

(Vasana) Mutuanot was in the lobby of Tower One when she heard the first explosion. Thinking it was a bomb like the terrorist attack in 1993, she turned to run, looking over her shoulder as flames leaped from a freight elevator shaft cooking her back and legs and right cheek. "It was a fireball with sand and heat, like a hurricane of fire," she said.
www.chron.com...

Mututanont ran out of the building then fell after flying glass sliced through a tendon in her leg. A wall of fire followed her outside.
“Swept to my back from my feet up and then I see fire all over, in my hair, also. A lot of people just blew away, you know, like that.” www.pbs.org...

David Kravette, a managing director of Cantor Fitzgerald, the bond trading firm that occupied the upper floors of the North Tower and lost about 700 people, or more than two thirds of its 1,000 U.S.-based employees addressed what he saw in the lobby as the first plane hit. I have provided this quote from the Mercury News New York Bureau since it is the only reference I have seen to the free falling elevators and the fire ball at the lower levels of the tower.

“I saw a couple of elevators in free fall; you could hear them whizzing down and as they crashed, there was this huge explosion, like a fireball exploding out of the bank of elevators,” Kravette said. “People were engulfed in flames.” www.engr.psu.edu...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

i dont see how you could call that orb a Helicopter!

Funny....you see, there's this nutbag lady in Pennsylvania, USA who thinks SHE sees "orbs", and that they're extraterrestrial.

(At least, she claims to believe this...some people think she's either truly crazy, or perhaps "crazy llike a fox"...and just a hoaxer. Jury is still out).

She as infested YouTube with a load of crap videos....ALL of them are normally explainable things flying...airplanes, helicopters, weather balloons.

So, there ARE other people who see helicopters, etc, and think they're "orbs"....they are wrong, of course.

BUT, she persists in her delusions. See for yourself:

Mental health, unfortunately, is a fragile thing it seems....maybe there's something in her water???

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Nice rebuttal.

I think you and I have both proven that yes we can link to video and stories "proving" our cases. While I am not a proponent of the balls from the sky theory and holographic planes or alien attacks, I do think there was more going on that day then 2 airplanes hitting the towers. Such as additional bombs in vans around the area and those buildings being "helped" down.

And if that is the case the official story is void, Don't you think?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I don't know whether you're crazy, a hoaxer, or someone who's just here to try and stir up a crap storm. But one thing is for sure, you've been dodging almost EVERY important point everyone has been making. Everytime someone makes a valid conclusion, backed by evidence or relevant facts, all you say is "ZOMG I CANNOT BELIEVE U. ITS AN ALIEN SPHERE!!!!!!ONE111".

Do you have any interest in having a real conversation about this video? Or do you want to just keep repeating the same statement without answering any relevant questions?

Multiple people have already debunked the footage, so I resubmit my question: How, after pages of careful analysis by several people, have you come to the conclusion that the points represented in the video are factual and that a magic flying ball hit the world trade center?

[edit on 11-8-2010 by MrSensible]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSensible

Get of the stage, this is my thread, i don't no what that ball is! ether do you or the usual 5 that troll around the 9/11 threads supporting the crap official story!
im sure you have heard the saying,, (the bigger the lie the more people believe it!)
Hitler said that an the majority of the Joe blogs in Germany believed him, your a Joe blog an im not ,,that's the difference between you an me,

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This guy presenting his report uses the phrase "let's assume" and "roughly"
way to often. A "rough assumption" does not produce the best results.
This with such a low resolution video as evidence makes this presentation
sound and look ridiculous. Also I watched number 2 hit from Hoboken.
You simply can't convince me that what I saw was a ball.

Mods, can we combine these 2 threads or delete one?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Or perhaps they are both strikingly unique in their view?

C'mon please!!! I'll give you 500 internet forum points.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by keepureye2thesky]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is so corn ball fake it isn't worth a second look after a good first one. No disrespect to the OP at all, but I have a hard time even considering this. Nice editing but it is clearly off the shelf software. Nothing professional at all. But it does fool the novices.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

It's a free forum, I believe I'll stay. No one has said that the Twin Towers wasn't an inside job. All anyone has said is that it wasn't brought down by magic flying balls. Now, I ask my original question yet again: How, after careful analysis by several people, have you come to the conclusion that this footage is reliable? Are you just stirring up a storm? Or do you actually believe this? And if so, what other evidence can you provide besides this extremely dubious footage?

Please provide a constructive response this time.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Your acting like i made the vid! ask the cat in the vid all the questions you seem so determent to ask, i just thought the vids were interesting an put it up here to see who else might find it interesting to!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

DOn't forget Rumsfeld as well. That dude purposely stole 2.3 trillion dollars from the US government right before the day 9/11 happened. DOn't forget his offices were in building 7.

Sadly Karma can't do jack to them because they have so much political protection.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

And the beat goes on.......

That is exactly the same sort of crap that is ruining the "credibility" (what little they ever had, or thought they had) of the "TM".

Quite a few in that movement are very upset at the sorts of things that cause them to look foolish...like the video in this OP, and those comments from dragnet.

So...is dragnet really a Gov't agent?? Is he/she here to purposely cause the "TM" to look foolish, as an agent provocateur??

(See? Anyone can make baseless claims. The ones who do it INTENTIONALLY, and with malice, though, are diminishing the spirit of ATS in the extreme....)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

DOn't forget Rumsfeld as well. That dude purposely stole 2.3 trillion dollars from the US government right before the day 9/11 happened. DOn't forget his offices were in building 7.

Sadly Karma can't do jack to them because they have so much political protection.

Well now, at least we know who has control of Flying Magic Fun Ball!

I was always taught that karma trumps all.

That is why the IDEA of karma was invented, so that no matter how important or powerful the wrongdoer is, the side of good wins out in the end. Like in all fairy tales.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
hmmmm

well i'm not so sure about this video in particular, wether this person is in fact 'in on the cover up' but i would suspect he is not

i would suspect the infiltration into the truth movement has already succeeded, and already begun to draw more of the 'fringe' groups to the truth movement rather than truely logical and rational minded individuals that would tend to give the movement credit

let me explain

so long as there are more and more outlandish ideas about the events of september eleventh, such as someone saying it wasn't terrorists.. it was aliens, or the planes that hit the buildings were holograms...

i'm open to people having the right to beleive what they want, but these crazy ideas, in large numbers for an amount of time tend to attract more and more 'crazy thinkers' to the truth movement itself.. thus those that do not think logically about the truth movement eventually outnumber those that do, which destabilizes the whole truth movement and hinders it's ability to rationally pursuade those that are on the fence or disbeleiving on the subject, as well as making the whole movement look like a bunch of lunes

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

[Trying to adopt the Joe Friday rapid staccatto voice:]

"Only one problem with that scenario. There's no need."

"No need for what, Joe?," says Frank.

"The 'truth movement' doesn't merit such attention."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join