It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just started trying meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Now ill be honest im a total beginner and am trying this on my own..

I have been doing some studying about how to go about it, so I finally had a good quiet moment where I took some time to have my first real shot at clearing my mind.

Let me first state that clearing your mind is the hardest part so far.

So I sat down and was working on clearing my mind for a third eye meditation. Just seemed like a good idea at the time.

After around 3 min, i manage to quiet my stupid brain down and the strangest sensation came over me..

I was sitting with my eyes closed and suddenly it felt as though my body was kind of vibrating back and forth left to right ever so gently. kind of like a rotation left and right about a quarter of a rotation and then back again ever so gently. very strange.

then the sensation changed, in addition to the gentle small half rotations it felt as though my lower half of my body was spinning around, this was very distinct and felt very very real as if i was actually spinning. not harshly just a gentle spinning and i still had the back and forth rotations going on too

Then it got really weird.. it felt like my lower half was spinning one way, my core was spinning another, and my head and shoulders were spinning the same way as my lower body.

It also felt like my head was cocked over to the right side, but it wasnt it was perfectly straight.

All through the spinning I continued to have these small back and forth vibrations.

i dont know where else to talk to anyone about this. Is this normal? has anyone had a similar experience?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You tried meditating with out weed and beer and potato chips?
Noooooooooo

sorry
it sounds like a touch of vertigo, but Im only guessing.
My experience has been that its about relaxing and suggestion
and it is easy to over complicate things.

I would try guided meditation, a good professional recording that is designed to teach you, then when you get the hang of it you can go from there...once you get some success you will probably be suprised by how simple it really is.

www.project-meditation.org...
this looks like good freebie to start

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
i dunno what it was but i've never had it before in my life. and i don't do and wont do pot. why would this give me vertigo???

my sister in law is a massage therapist, natural healing blah blah blah whaever she does, ill probably ask her too

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by canuckster

I know that in a secretive meditation technique called the Merkaba you try to rotate Chakras and get them spinning, each one spinning in the opposite direction from the one above. I think there are 7 of them.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
i think i need to get more focused, might be more of a lack of ability at this point

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
hmm my head hurts now....................weird

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hi canuckster

I used to meditate a lot and I never had any formal teaching other then talking to friends that I had that were Buddhist, and also reading through (and genuinely trying to understand) this book The complete book of zen which I loved and read from cover to cover many times.

Although I don't practice it now I can definitely say that meditating was a wonderful experience for me, and helped to mold me into the person I am today (in a totally positive sense) keep it up and I am sure you will have some even more interesting experiences.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
your in for a loooooong ride ....Right now early in our experiences there will be flashing lights, vertigo, dizziness, etc.

Just hang in there.....

read this and you'll be alright:
www.scribd.com... Means-to-Eternal-Bliss

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
All very good advice, and to it I would like to add that qigong is a wonderful way to further your meditation skills. There is another thread here which can provide a bit more info.

I do wish you all the best in your future discoveries. Keep vibrating, my friend!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Expect the top of your head to burn for a while, like a flaming drill entering your skull.

Thats some crown chakra activation my friend... when you start to feel those rotations and such and feel naturally inclined to feel some sort of spiritual feeling.. uh oh.. can't have that... *BURNNNN*
Think of it like burning away crap thats in the way. I did chakra meditation for years before I knew exactly where they were located in my body, focus on FEELING.. not diagrams of where you're supposed to feel stuff, that screwed me up.. the diagrams are just not descriptive enough but they mean right. But yeah.. when these areas start to really power up you'll feel some electrical sensations the first time perhaps, and once in a while, don't feel upset if you don't feel it often after that, you're not doing anything wrong. My Qi Gong teacher said to me once "the less you feel the energy the healthier it is".. I think what he means is although you may feel powerful that you feel a burning in your stomach, when really its an imbalance... and strong energy is just... it just feels gentle and like pure LIFE.. free flowing, like you become hollow.

One of my favourite feelings from meditation is like now for example, i sense my head, I can feel my brain, i feel the density of my head, but after meditation it feels hollow and I am just so sharp, its easy to think of things, everything is flowing up there, the brain is working well and I can feel the 3rd eye and crown..

A word of advice though, don't get so caught up working on 3rd eye crap, everyone wants to but you'll give yourself a headache if the areas below arent flowing well enough. The more energy you free, the stronger you get, the stronger your going to feel imbalances, meditation can free you or mess you up. But by the time you get the point where you have enough energy to do that, it won't be an issue probably because you'll flow better by then.

Your head may have well been tilted, if only slightly, you were sensing the angle. Everyone's C1 neck bone is misaligned, causing us posture problems, making one leg appear shorter and gives us hip and knee problems. I actually went to get mine aligned and it was very surreal for the first couple weeks after to say the least.

When you meditate you clear the space to allow yourself to be more aware, don't be surprised what comes to you my friend. You started a journey you know you can't go back on now, the door has been opened. I'm waving at you from down the hall surrounded by purple fractal elephants and talking to Shiva.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Hell yeah, Qi Gong is fantastic.

www.energy-cultivation.com...

Check out this site, take the course if you want, i did and it helped put into perspective what I've been reading in books and basically, none of it was new to me but from that I just GOT what the books were saying. Its like your energy trains itself because of your intent to do so, and your focus is where your intent is.. if I focus to feel energy in my arm, it will be so, and from that biological and energetic changes happen, you essentially develop your nervous system and hardwire your body to work better and evolve even. I used to think that tingling feeling in my fingers when I was walking was blood, when it really it was like magnetism.. the more your put your focus the more it builds over time until it becomes very strong and you start feeling bouncing off surfaces.

As a result, I can't wear metallic jewellery or else pain ensues.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
thanks for the replies guys. i figured id get help from this place, and yeah my headache was at the top of my head, not directly centred but just forward of centre on the top of my head,

Since I almost never get headaches, I didnt like it one bit

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
thanks

edit double post

[edit on 9-8-2010 by canuckster]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by canuckster

I never get headaches either. But this one you mention, top of the head, I learned to welcome that one, it means progress.

Though like I said, the intensity you'll probably only feel that bad the first or second time meditating.. after that the little door has been opened.

And after that over the years you may feel a little pressure, or a little burning but its kind of a cool feeling, nothing too intense and painful.

Its great though when you feel that sensation in subtler tone, you feel like there is a vortex funnelling into your head and its like everything that comes to you makes sense, its organized and simple, wisdom is effortless. Self-realization imminent.

Everyone speaks of self-realization like its a cult term... think of it like essentially realizing your more than meets the eye, it doesnt have to be spiritual, you just learn more about yourself, but that could very well be endless... where do i begin and end? Better yet... more practical yet... why do i do the things i do, why do i act how i act?

The gates open and it all floods in.

Work on your chakras, i think everyone has trouble with their 2nd, / sacral. This is a very emotionally blocked/insecure / material world we live in. It could account for lower back pain and problems in that area. It took me years to clear that area out. But i recall one meditation where I worked on the chakras in order and i could feel pressure being released and with that it was like a fluid was moving up my spine until it broke through the neck and into the head and I just felt, awesome. By that... like euphoric over just how damn NORMAL and natural I felt after that... i aint askin for much, just let me function has always been my motto. Anything else is a bonus.

Have fun.

top topics

join