It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for experts on Aliens and the crash site at Roswell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
A while back on the way home from Reno, NV. My dad was listing to radio talk show. A person being interviewed that night mentioned that the U.S. government got much of the 21st technology from aliens at the Roswell crash sight. Like night vision and numerous other stuff. The person also said the U.S. is also at war with the Aliens. Because we shot down the alien craft. I'm looking for more into this and this should be the right place finding out information on this subject. Have any of you ever heard this story? I don't no the person's name. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

If you want the whole story on Roswell, go get the Disclosure Project DVD'

There are three discs, the National Press Club disc 2001, and then there are two, two hour discs called "Witness Testimony".

If you ever had any queries about ET' in general, or Roswell, then here is all your answers in three DVD', I highly recommend that you get them and then you will know.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I don't know about the other stuff but in the late seventies I was stationed at Ft. Belvoir, va. the home of the night vision laboratory. It was in a minimum security area with other similar type institutions. There was always a lot of civilians going in and out in nice suits(scientist?) And from using the equipment I can honestly say there is nothing alien about the technology.

Not sure whom you heard on radio but it sounds like another person making outlandish claims with no evidence. The other stuff I have no comment on except that if we were at war with aliens it should be quite evident to everyone.

So in my opinion its not true but you never know if you don't ask.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

i think it was a guy called phillip corso that made all these claims about us getting tech from the roswell crash such as night vision, memory metals and fibre optic but its absolute nonsense as most of the things he claimed were already invented before the roswell incident or were the creation of years of scientific research, night vision was available in ww2 in a very rudimentary form and so were memory metals if i remember correctly !.

thanks

rich

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Try reading the book by Corso "The Day After Roswell".

It explains how the materials seeded the years of scientific research that provided the inventions.

Surely it is human to adapt something unknown to improve an existing technology anyway.

As to the truth behind the claims you pay your money and take your choice.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I'm looking for more into this and this should be the right place finding out information on this subject. Have any of you ever heard this story?

It sounds fascinating. I'm afraid I never heard of it, though. Perhaps if you did an Internet search on "Roswell" and "alien technology," you might turn something up.

Let us know what you find!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Yeah RICH-ENGLAND helped out; as well everyone else! Thanks!
I miss that interview. Kinda like a new World of the War radio show.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunder

It explains how the materials seeded the years of scientific research that provided the inventions.

Surely it is human to adapt something unknown to improve an existing technology anyway.

no thanks mate, ive already read most of his claims, hes just another guy trying to cash in after his career ended.

im not saying nothing happened at roswell but his claims are definitely a work of fiction.

thanks

rich

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

no thanks mate, ive already read most of his claims, hes just another guy trying to cash in after his career ended.

im not saying nothing happened at roswell but his claims are definitely a work of fiction.

thanks

rich

At risk of getting into a pointless debate if he was just trying to cash in why did he wait so long ?

If you have any information that supports your claim that his claims are fiction then please provide it ?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
All I know is the night vision and it was not seeded by alien knowledge nor technology. Night vision was around before Roswell and the Army began to develop it in the late 40's. Roswell was in 1947. I have a problem with the concept that all of our scholars and scientist in public,private, and government institutions just sit around waiting for alien crashes to get ideas.

There are no alien hands guiding me when I have to come up with a new idea or way to do something. And just because I can't tell someone the physics of how a simple battery works does not mean its beyond man to explain, therefore it must be alien.

Lets give our scientist and academics credit for their years of education and further years of hard work and creative ideas. They are even working on Quantum computers, now that sounds alien. But its a human work in progress.

History of night vision: www.madehow.com...

[edit on 11-8-2010 by dcmb1490]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
In terms of war and fighting with Aliens, we are not. If we were really in a type of battle, we would be fried to bacon bits and chicken nugget forms.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jdmmade

Exactly. If a real alien civilization with the ability to travel interstellar space decided to declare war on us, we would have no chance. Any civilization with the capability of interstellar travel would have weapons that could destroy us without any notice. The wild claims that the US and other governments are fighting a "Secret War" with aliens are poorly written science fiction.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

Weeeeelllll.....in an "alternate" and very, very evil (like we aren't now!) Universe....we humans might be seen behaving like:

[First two minutes...]

j/k

[edit on 11 August 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chunder

i mean no offence but ive already provided a couple of examples, im really really not interested in digging through the net and his claims to prove anything, i read his claims years ago and did my research then and im extremely satisfied that its nonsense, but anybody is welcome to dig through it themselves or welcome to believe whatever they want. but i would advise to do a good deal of research on our scientific development on the things he claims we got from aliens. there haven't been any such massive leaps in these things as would be expected if we got them from aliens, they all came about from one scientific project after another over decades and decades of work, some of these things started in principle in the 1800s!!!.

and to answer your question about why he waited so long, well there could be a million and one reasons, maybe he was getting short of cash later in life, or maybe he was bored, maybe he was feeling unimportant after a long spell out of the military and wanted some attention, maybe a bit of all!. who knows but many people do these things.

thanks

rich

[edit on 11-8-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What about the so-called memory metal from Roswell, the metal that was thinner than foil and whenever anyone would bunch it up into a ball it would re flatten itself and was impossible to cut/dent/make any markings on it? I heard that that material was supposedly formed at Wright Patterson Air force Base in the 1960s and 70s, this book discusses this in great detail. I heard one of the authors, Carey I think, on the Paranormal Podcast on my iPod being interviewed. He spoke about the reverse engineering idea and didn't mention Corso once (and I have heard of Corso on History Channel before) but did mention the memory metal.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Quite honestly I think that science fiction had more to do with some inventions than most care to admit. It isn't beyond the average person's intelligence to imagine fantastical inventions, but it is also within the scientists' intelligence to conceptualize the idea and make it real. We don't need alien tech

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

If you have any information that supports your claim that his claims are fiction then please provide it ?
I have found almost any of his technology with alien origin claims can be debunked by just Googling the real origin of those technologies. Each of them has a real history that's not alien.

And this author takes another approach to debunking Corso, his timelines are not credible:

"The Day After Roswell" - A Hoax?---Bestselling Book Exposed as a Hoax!

In another proof of Corso's complete ignorance of the Corona project, he invents the following remark by General Trudeau in early 1963, purportedly declaring, "In just a couple of years ... We ll have orbiting satellites mapping every inch of the Soviet Union" (pp. 202-203). Corona satellites had already mapped the USSR by 1963 and proved the nonexistence of the "missile gap," showing there was no huge Soviet ICBM force hidden in Siberia or some other place. You can now even read the official history of CIA s Corona satellite on the Internet and millions of frames of its space reconnaissance photos are now declassified and available to the public. Obviously Corso has a very poor grasp of the Corona satellites function and operational history.

He does touch on the alien tech aspect as well:

Corso's notion that many of our high-tech innovations were really back-engineered from extraterrestrials is a new twist on the Ancient Astronauts theory. Instead of saying man was too stupid to invent pyramids or the wheel on his own and had to get the ideas from space visitors, Corso has updated the concept and says we got the microwave oven and laptop computers from aliens. I guess all those millions of scientists and engineers we've cranked out over the years have largely been a waste -- they were dummies who had to get clued in by ET's.

Just a minimal effort to research any technology Corso claims has alien origins will show that the technologies have earthly origins.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I think that too, I mean if there is a ufo that's crashed here on earth with advanced technology why wouldn't you use it...although that means all the technology that we got from the aliens is what we see everyday, which means that ... we are on par with the aliens, which means...that we are able to produce flying saucers, and the government is just covering it all up!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thanks for providing some comment.

In terms of the real history if the claims are to be believed then any "injection of technology" was into existing research streams and would possibly be indistinguishable from the normal process. I'm not sure a google search or even a full inquest would provide answers, patents are going to have been filed under whatever company picked up the head start.

According to Corso's claims we are not talking about "magical" properties or large parts of integrated componentry with a specific purpose. It seems to be more of a small items collection, remembering it was housed in a filing cabinet and therefore conceivably each item to a different company could have come from recovered foreign technology (crashed Russian plane).

Like much in the field I don't think there is a clear cut yes / no or true / false here. That Corso may have got dates and positions wrong is perhaps true, however "outsiders" can only refer to records, there are many circumstances where things are run by those other than in the relevant position and old networks stick around so Corso may have the names right.

That he may have embellished his own achievements and influence is perhaps a given. Whether there are any real facts is open to dispute but to fabricate the whole process with no rebuttals from any of the other figures involved ?

There were significant advances in many technologies around the right timescale, maybe there's a kernel of truth (excuse the pun).

Apologies to the OP for being slightly OT.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join