It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote Viewing, Fact/Fiction?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

That sounds very interesting. Care to spill the beans?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
Its real and I can/could do it, but I haven't done it in forever because I don;t know why I would and it takes practice, kinda like use it or lose it

so I lost it, also I will tell you that if you do you'll run to others doing it and you'll both be all 'who the hell are you ?'

so it can get deadly or potentially deadly when someone/or something doing it finds out you're out there you have to get scarce quick

it's busy in whatever continuum that happens in and you're likely to run into almost anything

happy RVing

Was it something you practiced to begin with or did it happen randomly? I ask because I had an experience about 10 years ago (detailed in my introductory thread earlier today) where I unexpectedly "tapped into" something happening halfway around the world. I had no idea it was real, down to the last detail, until it was confirmed by the friend I was inadvertently viewing. I get glimpses of inexplicable events involving other people quite frequently, but I usually dismiss them, and it's nothing I've ever done deliberately. I did try some of those remote viewing courses online but nothing came of it. None of the extra-sensory events in my life - starting around age 4 or 5 - have been willful, though they always seem to come in clusters - daily for a few weeks then sometimes not for a couple years. Any idea if the one confirmed experience was a case of remote viewing? I've often wondered. I'd lost my "ability" for several years after a bad experience that forced me to banish what I considered otherworldly elements from my life, but ever since I opened myself up again I find it's all happening more frequently, though it's not as scary as it used to be.

Could you expand on the rest of your post? I'm not sure I understand it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth
I'm not sure if RV is real, although I leave the door open.

What I'd like to know is if there are any more or less "scientific" proposals out there for exactly how it could be working, or in other words, what is postulated as the mechanism behind it?

And I don't exactly get warm fuzzy feelings when answers smack of too much New Age cool-aid. Sure, "ESP", why not? Or how about, "Our vast untapped potential!" OK, yeah, but anyone really trying to think about what is taking place?

I have a personal curiosity because this is a phenomenon that some of us experience in our family "history" you might say.

JR

I have a crazy idea of how maybe all this stuff works and even madder than that I'm kind of thinking I may in fact be correct.

You see that stuff you see when you shut your eyes? Let's call it mud because there's no real colour to it. It's kinda browny / grey. Well I think that's the aether, or quantum soup, where EVERYTHING that exists comes from and where ideas of things that don't exist YET also come from. That mud is everything overlapped. Like white noise, an infinite bandwidth.

When you have training, or take drugs, or meditate, or have a fever, or you're a bit out of sorts anyway (for whatever reason), that mud can sometimes slow down, or you can make it slow down, and you can then begin to pick out objects and/ or wormhole your consciousness right through it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
FOR extreme pilgrim and daisyglaze

about 25 years ago I was really curious about all things magikal and occult I got into Kabbalah and there is quite bit in that about astral traveling and lucid dreaming things like that

I also borrowed some random meditations and I practiced ,at first nothing happened ,but I had assurances from my books that if I kept at it ,it would work, So at first as you would expect it was hit or miss and I wasn't really in control but after awhile I was better at it ,I could at least go where I intended ,but one day I ended up in someone elses body, a guy and he freaked out!!!! I had gone back to the wrong time ?dimension ? another time I really wanted to see this labyrinth I knew was guarded by a ??? so I got there but it found me and I don't know how to describe what it did nothing scary just it was annoyed and somewhat amused ,what ever that is it does it's job. Occasionally in the ordinary world say I want to go to France , I would encounter others in the ,plane, frequency whatever it is when you're doing ,so you are in this in between place and people in the course of just being people aren't able to see you ,but some can! also there are others who do these things and you can see them and they can see you and the meetings were never positive ,The other practitioners I ran into were very unfriendly
also after awhile things and people started to find me. I figured it was because I was a lone witch and really for some things you need a coven/ posse or good accomplished practitioners

so I got scared disgusted out of it I guess ,plus being able to do this isn't worth much it doesn' t result in great spiritual advancement most people that you want to spy on TPTB for instance have an army protecting them from you getting close enough to get any goods on them so I decided I was barking up the wrong tree and to quit it while I still could

It was dumb I know, I figured that out

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
As a student and Graduate of Coordinate Remote Viewing i can attest that it is indeed very real and that yes most people can "learn" how to do it.

From July 1998 i attended the course with David A Morehouse and his company Remote Viewing Technologies.
The course took place in Suffolk, England and was one of the very few that David did in Europe at that time.
Along with friends from Sweden,Germany,France,Italy,UK and the US we undertook the journey to access those abilities which are latent in us all.

Now, myself i prefer not to use the word Psychic, i rather see it as Quantum Information Encoding/Decoding.
Remote Viewing Theory postulates a non material "Matrix" in which any and all information about any person, place or thing may be obtained through the agency of a hypothesized signal line.
The Viewer perceives and decodes this signal line and objectifies the information so obtained.
The Matrix is described as non-material, structured, mentally accessible framework of information containing all data pertaining to everything in both the Physical and Non-Physical Universe in the same vein as Jung's Cosmic Consciousness.
Remote Viewing is made possible through the agency of a hypothetical signal line.
Analogous to Radio Propagation this signal line is a carrier wave which is inductively modulated by it's intercourse with information.
The signal line radiates in many different frequencies and its impact on ones perceptive faculties is controlled through the phenomenon known as aperture.
Same as a camera, the viewer first receives a quick large gestalt of information, this is called a narrow aperture, in later stages involving longer slower waves of information the aperture is spoken of as being wider.
The signal first enters the sub-conscious and from there it is passed to the Autonomic Nervous System ANS.
When the signal line impinges on the ANS, the information is converted into a reflexive nerve/muscular response which moves the pencil you are holding on the paper, this is called the ideogram which will usually represent an element of the target.
At the same time the signal is passed up from the sub-conscious across the limen and into the lower conscious.
The key to successful viewing is to shut down left brain analytic processes and to tune in right brain holistic processes, only when the session has ended can one engage left brain analytics to decipher the information obtained.
Lastly i would add that the term Remote Viewing is a bit of a misnomer as only a few people are able to "see".
The correct term should be remote sensing as many people are gifted in senses other than sight, i provide a small list of senses so that you may understand more fully what is involved in Remote Sensing.
SMELLS.
Exhausts,Food,Sewerage,Chemical,Moldy,Floral,Fruity,Aromatic etc.
TASTES.
Sweet,Sour,Salty,Metallic,Acidic,Spicy etc.
SOUNDS.
Roaring,Rumbling,Whining,Screeching,Popping,Humming,Grinding,Splashing etc.
COLORS.
Red,White,Blue yadda yadda
TEMPERATURES.
Hot,Cold,Steamy,Mild,Dry etc.
ENERGETICS.
Pressure,Exploding,Imploding,Accelerating,Magnetic,Attractive,Repulsive etc.
Hope this contributes to the thread.

Cosmic.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
RV is kind of like martial arts; you don't just practice RV - you have to make it a lifestyle, so your neural pathways are properly acclimated. One of the best ways to do that is always make notes of your dreams or even your day dreams - whenever you go into theta.

When you articulate a vision, you denote clarity to it. Most people are amorphous with their visions simply because they're just not used to making note of them.

Another way to practice RV is on your PC. Visit The Boundary Institute's www.gotpsi.org... register, and practice, practice, practice (or guess) at their generous set of psychic exercises.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HealingMindN

Wrong, RV has absolutely nothing to do with dreams and in actuality is hardly ever a totally visual experience.
Only a few individuals are capable of the full vision experience a la Ingo Swann.
It is not a Psychic phenomenon more a sensory phenomenon.
See my post above for a description of the process.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Interesting. I'm glad to see that they are thinking about "how" this might work, instead of just making it work.

The lynch-pin seems to be the "cosmic consciousness", or the "matrix", that postulated depository of all information. Obviously, if we knew there was such a thing, it probably could be accessed, but it still sounds a bit too much like "god" to me, even if it is by another name.

Dr. David Hawkins is another who went running, where Jung left off, with his version of this "matrix" that he agrees we can access. His semi-famous book, "Power vs. Force", describes a technique utilizing kinesiology, obviously he would agree with you that it is important to by-pass the part of the brain that wants to immediately analyze. But of course, there is a legion of detractors that brands him as a mega-quack, especially since he put himself on the same level as Jesus and Krishna.

Anyway, I'm always a bit leery of too much that sounds "new age", even though a lot of it can initially seem so intriguing. Obviously, from what you're saying, after having actually taken a course, there has to be more to it. Regardless of how they think it works, my guess is that you are convinced it does really work.

I hope you don't mind a question about your experience after having taken the course...

Was there a particular "successful" experience you can recall that really nailed it for you, convinced you that RV was absolutely real, at least for you? I can imagine what it might take for me to be truly "convinced", maybe a lot, but I think even a "convincing" experience someone else has had, can help too.

I read about the discoveries in the solar system that have been made using RV, that are later found to be correct, and it sure seems like something "real" has to be going on. But with the incredible deceptions going on, on such a mass scale today, I would almost prefer to hear about a "smaller" experience perhaps, from a "real" person, than the more fantastic ones that could just as easily be part of some bigger picture designed to fool people.

Again, I hope this isn't too personal of a question, but I only ask out of respect for the fact that what you shared rings "true" at some level for me as well. For example, while my grandmother apparently could visualize things, my own experience is that I seem to just instantly "know", not that I "saw" something, but for whatever reason I will sometimes "know" something, that wouldn't ordinarily be known to me. Like when someone has lost their keys, and for some reason I have been able to say almost immediately where I think they are. I don't "see" anything necessarily, but for some reason I know the "room" they're in, or I will "guess" correctly on my first try, etc. And usually, there's really no "thinking" about it, it's just there. Could be a lot of other things I guess, but maybe a kind of RV, just not sure how it would fit in to what's known about this sort of thing.

Thanks for your info.

JR

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Many thanks for all the responses and it certainly give me food for thought. I would say that the masses seem to lean towards the "Hell yeah, it's real!!!"

One further question, would anyone label the practice dangerous or leaving yourself open to 'negativity' it all of its various guises?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

You can learn to RV.
I have heard good things about
learn rv
www.learnrv.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have remote veiwed things, it is real I don't know how it works only that it does.
The only boogie man, you have to worry about is the ones you already own.

If you are rally interested in remote veiwing you should read , Ripcontrols thread, www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-8-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yup it's real. But that doesn't mean it's perfect.

www.eightmartinis.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Here is evidence of remote viewing of subatomic particles carried out over a hundred years ago long before anything was known about atoms, their nuclei and quarks:

smphillips.8m.com...

Here are comprehensive explanations in terms of elementary facts of nuclear physics and the well-established quark model of what was "seen" when atoms of the first 20 elements in the periodic table were observed with a form of remote viewing known to yogis for thousands of years (it is regarded as one of the siddhis that can be acquired by yoga and is called "anima"):

smphillips.8m.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Could those stating that Remote Viewing is 'very real' and 'fact' point me in the direction of some documentation that comes to these conclusions. I'd like to see them

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
reply to post by HealingMindN

Wrong, RV has absolutely nothing to do with dreams and in actuality is hardly ever a totally visual experience.

Perhaps not, but if you're familiar with how dreams form, it comes in very handy for determining when you're imagination is just making up a guess and when you actually have a correct hit. Trying to stop yourself from guessing when RVing is next to impossible.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
RV is very real, but its limited in its scope. Predicting the future is very difficult, and attempting to tell the future with exact dates is even more difficult (almost impossible actually)

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

I was happy to see this thread, and I have read all of the very interesting reply's. I read that you JR, would like to here it from a real person. So here you go.

I can do it when I want, no training or books either. In the 70s when we lived 15 mi. from town I could see where and what my friend or girlfriend or how close my Mom was from home. This seemed natural to me and I used the info to surprise my friends the next time I saw them.

When I really wanted to find something (like the key to my motorcycle) that was taken away for whatever I did wrong. I would close my eyes for 1 or 2 min until I saw it. Like a snapshot 10 inches away form the key. I couldn't pan around but I could back out. As if the camera was on a string that was pulled tight. I could back out through walls and ceilings, therefore finding which room it was in as we had a two story 6 bedroom house.

I had no use for this type of thing after I moved out on my own, I didn't use it again till about '91 when I saw a report of a missing teenage girl 300 miles away, I closed my eyes after turning off the TV and saw her in a park with two other girls. So then I called the National Missing Person hot line. They didn't find her though. I found there was a local office of volunteers and I joined up. A week later while I was in their office I walked by a picture of her and then into a dark stairway to go home. It was halfway down the stairway when I saw the teenage girl. She was jumping up and down in place and there were lights flashing everywhere. I grabbed the hand rail and zoomed out of the building. Read the name of the business, went back to the office and told the supervisor. The police station called us in about 30 to 40 min to tell us they had her, alive and well, 200 miles away from where she went missing. Just a runaway.

I "saw" a missing boy 8 years old and he was recovered alive 150 miles away from where he went missing.

I was getting letters and some phone calls from parents of missing children from around the country within a week of the boy's recovery.

I couldn't possibly help them all. I felt I was being pulled apart. I resigned.

A month or so later I saw on the news a missing boy of 5 was kidnapped in southern California. They of course showed his pic, and I tried "it" one more time.

There he was in a house on a lone chair crying, almost bare of furniture. I zoomed out (on that string) out of the house (a corner house) to the intersection where I could see the street sign. I thought GREAT! Like I said I cannot pan around and I cannot change the point of view, the sign was about 10 foot to my left. Each sign was black with white letters and all I could do is count the letters of each cross street. I must have tried 20 tome to read the signs. I called the local office and they relayed the info to the police and volunteer command center in that city. There were over 100 people searching for the boy there, I was confident they could find this certain house. Most street signs are green with white letters in that city, so It must have been in an older neighborhood. A week went by and nothing. The rest of the story is sad. I went into self doubt was depressed over this. I didn't use "it" until 2 years later-

I have run out of room here so I will continue on another post.
But this is how it appears to me, full color and motion of whatever I want to go see and almost any where, the closer to me it is, the more clear it is.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Thanks Tribble, sounds like you have quite the gift. Glad it has had such wonderful benefits for others too. I hope your talents continue to help those in need.

Looking forward to the rest of your post, sounds like you were going to add more. I sure appreciate hearing about your "real life" experiences.

JR

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

'In 94 when I suspected a girlfriend of cheating. I closed my eyes and within a min. I saw her sleeping in a red sweater (she didn't own one) backwards on a small bed. I zoomed out to see a trailer in a court? When she finally came home I told her what I saw and she confirmed her and her girlfriend had went there to visit a friend and the a/c was freezing her out (the sweater) and she was tired after walking 2 miles to get there and fell asleep backwards on their bed as to not touch their pillow!

I used id it once or twice more when she would disappeared, with similar results. And she was getting freaked out with me doing this.

10 years or so ('99 or 2000) later I heard an Art Bell show about RV. Then I realized there was a name for this and lots of other people could do it. I felt then as I feel now typing this. Confused. Should I do something good with this? make money at it? or just let it be?

Now I understand that I am but an armature at this. I found out from experience I do get overwhelmed with requests. So I will probably just let it be. But if you want to try it my way for a test: I suggest a picturing someone in the same town that you could call to verify.

Turn everything off and go to a dark room. Absolute silence is best. Close your eyes and cup your hands over them (do not press on your eyes) so there is nothing to interfere with your vision. Even the sound of a car going by breaks my concentration. Try to vision their face. In 1 or 2 min IF you see a figure try to pull away slowly. If you can get even 5 feet away you should be able to see what they are doing or where they are.

That's all I can say about "how" I do it. It does drain you and put a lot of doubt in your mind about seeing people miles away. But it is very cool.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Hey Tribble

I can do this also but it is much harder for me to see things now than when I was younger so far, I expect this will change for the better at any second.
I looked for the lost kids, I didn't like experiencing their deaths, this one little girl spooked me, because the people that killed her brought her to within a block of where I was staying, from 50 miles away.
After that I quit, because I was afraid I was some how attracting the evil.

Now days I mainly get visions, I also do lottery numbers but forget to play them most of the time.

But a good test you could do is the lottery numbers, it seems to be very easy for you, to see things.
I live in Michigan and I try for the 3 digit miday or evening numbers, it's easy most of the time for me to get 2 numbers in the right spot, but the third one is harder most of the time it seems.

Any how find the 3 digit number for Michigan and I will tell you if you got it right, That one guy from cal Arron was suppose to of picked 5 or 6 in a row but I missed that one and he won't do it anymore.

They do the Michigan 3 digit 7 days a week midday and evening, so any day would work.

Another thing you could look at is Obama's birth certificate, and clear that up once and for all.

I tried to RV, the big oil leak but did not have much luck, area 51 is another spot, just don't tell anyone what you see, National Security and all that.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by googolplex]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join