It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote Viewing, Fact/Fiction?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have just been listening to an old Art Bell interview with Ingo Swann and another with Major Ed Dames, United States Army (ret.) and was wondering weather there had been any 'PROOF' to support or dismiss the practice. The possibilities of this are fascinating but wondered if people could inform me either way to the right direction.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Extreme Pilgrim

The possibilities of this are fascinating but wondered if people could inform me either way to the right direction.

Personally I think RV is very very VERY real indeed although just because I believe in it, doesn’t make it real so sadly you’re going to have to make up your own mind here.

On that note however, Here's a really interesting link, one which I'm sure you will benefit from as there are many links on various aspects of this subject included.

Also, I think you might enjoy looking into a well known project called 'The Stargate Project' (link to one of my own threads on the subject) it's a project undertook by the US government over a space of 23 years aiming to develop RV.

Ingo Swann and Ed Dames, the people you actually mentioned in your OP are well known names in this project also.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Hi, Extreme Pilgrim.

Try to do researches on
PENETRATION
ISBN 0-966-7674-0-3

using
us2.ixquick.com...

It's a book from Ingo Swann.

I don't have an URL

Blue skies.

One proof of the truthness of remote viewing is:
He was hired by CIA? I think. He though he would work a
few months, BUT he worked MANY YEARS, 13 or 17, because
he WAS SO GOOD at viewing ! ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think that it is real, I would love to be able to do it.
2nd line

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

BUT he worked MANY YEARS, 13 or 17, because he WAS SO GOOD at viewing ! ! !

Allegedly he was very good indeed......

Ingo Swann:...

They point to the time when one member, Ingo Swann, went remote viewing around Jupiter in 1973. Under strict experimental conditions (organized by scientists Targ and Puthoff), Swann described the physical features of Jupiter, like the surface, atmosphere and weather.

He also claimed it had crystal bands of planetary rings, like Saturn but not as far out. This observation was very controversial at the time. Six years later, in 1979, the Voyager probe got closer to Jupiter than ever before, and confirmed it had rings of charged dust particles, just like Swann described.

This link explains some of the many more successful examples of precognitive remote viewing such as the one above

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The farsight institute have a free course in remote viewing, so if you want to learn it, you can do so for free.

Here's a link to their website

www.farsight.org...

I believe

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I believe it works but it's not as common as it seems to be. What I mean is, there are probably a good few experts but I think most RVers are exaggerrating their abilities. Like psychics. Most of them are rubbish at what they claim they can do but there's a lot of money to be made. It's all hit and miss, but mostly miss IMO.

I bought an RV correspondence course once. That was rubbish too. BUT, when the first installment arrived, I had a quick read through, dropped off to sleep on the floor, then woke to see blue flames licking against my knees. Strange one that, but true. I'm quite sure that was about 5.30pm 31st December 1999.

I think it can be quite dangerous too. David Morehouse said at the end of Psychic Warrior, something like- "there are others out there, watch out for them."

[edit on 8-8-2010 by wigit]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
personally i think it is based on thought worming, same base implanting as memory regression, you think you remember but the memory is not real, same lines as suggested hypnotic trance. understand? send me a u2u if interested, same thought as dream intervention, like the movie "inception", yes it is real but not pin pint accurate.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
FACT,but it has more to do with physics than anything else.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Dr. Charles Tart has a great book on paranormal and subjects like this. He has a whole chapter on Remote Viewing including scientific testing of events.

Check out The End of Materialism, by Charles Tart.

There were also quite a few military papers on this from the 1970s before the project went underground/halted.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extreme Pilgrim
I have just been listening to an old Art Bell interview with Ingo Swann and another with Major Ed Dames, United States Army (ret.) and was wondering weather there had been any 'PROOF' to support or dismiss the practice. The possibilities of this are fascinating but wondered if people could inform me either way to the right direction.

I sense RV is a very real thing. What makes me believe this even more is, I owned the book: Penetration: The Question of Extraterrestrial and Human Telepathy

and realized it was worth a lot of money. So I auctioned it on eBay a few months ago and sold it for over 260.00 dollars.

WTF? That has to speak volumes, no?

I think we're all capable of remote viewing, telepathy and the likes once we learn how to get pass all the intentional noise that's been programmed in our minds.

Ingo Swann is a remarkable man in my opinion.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Human_Alien]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Oh, boy, another retread topic.

but, ok. The scientists that did the original CIA work at the Stanford Research Institute (SRI) in the early 70s was Russell Targ and Harold Puthoff. Their book, Mind-Reach: Scientists Look at Psychic Ability was published in 1977. Both men, especially Puthoff are very highly respected scientists.

The official manual for learning/teaching RVing was/is available online free. (I got mine several years ago from Firedoc.com.)

Margret Mead the anthropologist wrote for the cover jacket: "This is a clear, straightforward account of a set of successful experiments that demonstrate the existence of 'remote viewing,' a hitherto unvalidated human capacity."

Come forth you legions of debunkers from your dark lurking places! But any debunker needs to read this work before they send a word here to say, "It doesn't work."

The only official pronouncements that RV did not work or was not reliable came from an inproper analysis designed by the government to show that it didn't work. Anyone familiar with UFOs knows how that story goes. I've done RVing a bit myself, enough, frankly, to scare myself. I won't be arguing the case any further. Like with UFOs, the truth is known and cannot be denied factually.

I will offer this observation. RVing works for the past, present and the future. Can you understand the importance of this ability? --Did you ever wonder how the government seems to be so pro-active on some issues?

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Aliensun]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Oh, boy, another retread topic.

Aliensun, sorry you thought this was a retread but I wanted a straight POV from both angles. Up to now, the general opinion is pro. Many thanks for your input and I will certainly look into that manual.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

In the late 90's I was invited by a group of contactees to join them in a meditation. In that state, I saw a mountain with a path that descents to a circle or stones in a flat desertic soil.

After we open our eyes, they ask everybody what we saw. Not all of us told the same. Next weekend they brought me to that place. It was exactly the same I saw in meditation.

Today, that place is still visited for many who had "the invitation". The name of the place is "Chuschuco". near the peruvian andes. Long time ago I posted a picture from google earth of that place. Now the stones aren't there anymore and they made a group of holes where people go inside nad meditate.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

A very interesting tale my friend. The powers of the mind are far-reaching and this is why IMO people like Ingo Swann's claims hold water. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Here is the picture brother. Here you can see the center cilcle, and other 6 more around it. Total of 7.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e636e2904bcc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm not sure if RV is real, although I leave the door open.

What I'd like to know is if there are any more or less "scientific" proposals out there for exactly how it could be working, or in other words, what is postulated as the mechanism behind it?

And I don't exactly get warm fuzzy feelings when answers smack of too much New Age cool-aid. Sure, "ESP", why not? Or how about, "Our vast untapped potential!" OK, yeah, but anyone really trying to think about what is taking place?

I have a personal curiosity because this is a phenomenon that some of us experience in our family "history" you might say.

My grandmother for example was an immigrant, with little formal education, and in her "ignorance" apparently practiced something like RV, according to family stories. No, it wasn't called "remote viewing", but everyone knew that my grandmother was very good at a "game" they would play, where the kids would hide something from her, and then she would have to find it.

She would always find it, rather quickly. She simply explained that she could close her eyes and "see" where the object was hidden, and the only time it might perplex her, was if the image didn't contain enough info she recognized, for example, if it was under the bed, she knew automatically. But if they were in a park, she might only be able to say, something like "underneath whatever, by a bush with white flowers on it", etc.

When I first heard these stories as a teenager, I sort of wanted to write them off as just a grown-up playing tricks on kids, you know, she was really watching when they hid the thing, etc. But apparently, other "grown-ups" would sometimes play too, and the consensus was that she somehow could do this.

AND THEN, Grandma came to live with us after her mother passed away, and things got really weird, because now it wasn't just a "story". I was a teenage kid who perhaps occasionally wanted to have a "dirty magazine" to look at now and again (no computers back then). I wasn't a total idiot, I didn't just cram it under my mattress, my folks were pretty conservative, and such contraband wasn't looked upon too lightly.

Well, how long do you think it took Grandma to find it? I was pretty sure that a mag, under a rug, that a big heavy dresser stood upon, was going to be OK for a bit. Nope. I wish I could have satisfied myself with my precocious rationalism, that somehow she tore the house apart to finally find what she did, but somehow I was beginning to suspect there might be something to her "powers".

It only got weirder, and I began hearing more "stories", since at that point, she lived with us. Long story short, goodbye girlie mags at home!

She lived for a long time, has been dead for a quarter-century now, but I still wonder, because I "maybe" have a touch of this thing too, and one of my adult sons has done "scary" things that seem rather improbable. No, I don't think we've got "ESP" or anything, but there are times when I think "something" is going on that needs better explanation.

Here's an example of something that happened some years ago with one of my sons. He was still living with us, and had bought himself a cellphone, and it had a camera (still kind-of new at that time). One day the wife finds his phone, and finds shall we say "private" photos of him and a young lady, taken in our RV (as in recreational vehicle). Well, my conservative wife certainly doesn't want "any of that" going on under our noses, but I persuade her to hold off, until the following day, because we have a counseling session scheduled, and maybe let it out then.

Here's where it get's "weird". The wife and I decide to simply "hide" the kids damn phone for the 24 hours, let him think he misplaced it, whatever. We had an office at the time, with multiple levels of long shelves going around the walls, with tons of stuff, boxes, stacked on boxes, etc. At the very top of one area of the highest level shelf, an area that gets little "traffic", I stick his phone (turned off of course) in a box, under stuff in the box, with the lid back on after it's hidden. I know, sounds silly, but all we wanted to do was avoid a volatile family situation, the kid was going through a rough patch at the time.

The next morning, I'm away, and my wife relates what happened. He comes into this room, and asks his mother if she knows where his phone is. She says "no", and thinks it's "fine", and then, out of the blue, he reaches up and puts his hand directly into this one box (out of perhaps fifty other possibles), and immediately pulls out his damn phone! This is an office that is locked at night, and it is highly unlikely he could have had opportunity to somehow "search" it. My wife tells me about it when I get back, and says it was "spooky" to watch the kid, the sudden look on his face, whatever.

I don't know, I wasn't there, but since I have done similar things myself, without "thinking" about it, I again wonder if there is more to this stuff.

Anyone else out there with anything similar? I know, too much personal here, the debunkers are going to want to have their fun, but I'm not saying any of this is real remote viewing, it just seems strange, and sort of related. Plus, I'd like to know we're not the only ones that this stuff happens to, and maybe it would also be nice if others had spooky old grandmother stories too.

JR

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Its real and I can/could do it, but I haven't done it in forever because I don;t know why I would and it takes practice, kinda like use it or lose it

so I lost it, also I will tell you that if you do you'll run to others doing it and you'll both be all 'who the hell are you ?'

so it can get deadly or potentially deadly when someone/or something doing it finds out you're out there you have to get scarce quick

it's busy in whatever continuum that happens in and you're likely to run into almost anything

happy RVing

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Remote viewing, in my opinion, is very real and fact.
Here's a good remote viewing book:
www.courtneybrown.com...

Here's a skeptic that acknowledges remote viewing as proven:
deanradin.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Very real,
Fact.

Anyone who has looked into it deep enough,
Knows that it is really not even a question anymore of whether it's "real" or not, The questions now are, "how, exactly?" "How to do it even better?" "what else can we use it for?" etc.

The studies have been done and the evidence is bountiful.
You can even go as far as to call it "Proof".
There is just no arguing/disputing some of the experiments.

People like to try,
But they are the ones who havent looked enough.

RV is very real man.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Ahmose]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join