It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing: Seoul says North Korea has seized South Korean fishing boat.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by hippomchippo

When you look at war you see death. When I look at war I see it as a matter of life and death.

Disgusting, what life is created by war?
What good is created by war?
War IS death, and you're openly endorsing it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Maybe it's just my character or how I see the history of this planet. War has changed this planet for better and worse. Kind of like a bitter sweet way of doing things. Read Sun Tzu and you'll see were I'm coming from on this issue.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Maybe it's just my character or how I see the history of this planet. War has changed this planet for better and worse. Kind of like a bitter sweet way of doing things. Read Sun Tzu and you'll see were I'm coming from on this issue.

War has not changed the planet for good.
War has dragged us through the modern era kicking and screaming, it has destroyed entire civilizations, it has wiped large amounts of history from collective human knowledge.
War = Murder.
It's sad to see people on THIS board glorify it.
What good will come from a south vs north war again?
Also, I doubt you've read the art of war, as if you did, you would know it's nothing but military strategy and ways of killing people.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Alright take it easy. I didn't know it was so easy to see people to get upset by other people's views on the world.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Alright take it easy. I didn't know it was so easy to see people to get upset by other people's views on the world.

It does get me upset.
I hate to see people who think war is good, when they have obviously NEVER been in a war.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Then I apology for making you upset. Yes I do know a lot about war, it's history and numerous people going in and out of America's current two wars. It's not poetic. It's just war and all the time soldiers are used as game to fight a leaders enemy. When was the last time a leader of a country went to war as commander instead of going on vacation

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Then I apology for making you upset. Yes I do know a lot about war, it's history and numerous people going in and out of America's current two wars. It's not poetic. It's just war and all the time soldiers are used as game to fight a leaders enemy. When was the last time a leader of a country went to war as commander instead of going on vacation

Just knowing the history of war shows nothing about the horrors of it.
Try living in a war torn area for 2 years, then come back and tell me the wonders of it, or how it's "bitter-sweet"

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Well then I'll take up your offer and go to war. Meet back here in two years!
Second line

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is small matter guys, let this fly away.

For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. - Sun Tzu

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RainCloud

You're right! What will come out of it on the long and short run?
Do yo really believe the leaders in NK want a war?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

reply to post by RainCloud

You're right! What will come out of it on the long and short run?
Do yo really believe the leaders in NK want a war?

Yes, they ALWAYS want war. But they dont have reason to begin with.
So, they do lots of ways to anger SK and USA. Luckily, SK and USA didnt bought that.

In short run, NK and US might reduce the exercise in order to release the fisherman, or using the China channel to free them (most probably).
In long run, it solely depends on NK leadership. It might continue like this until the Great Leader death. His successor might shine some light if we're lucky, other than that.......we can continue to lay our hope and continue to recruit 1.8meter korean soldier.

Another scenario...this is huge

[edit on 8-8-2010 by RainCloud]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

War has dragged us through the modern era kicking and screaming, it has destroyed entire civilizations, it has wiped large amounts of history from collective human knowledge.
War = Murder.
Also, I doubt you've read the art of war, as if you did, you would know it's nothing but military strategy and ways of killing people.

War created this great country and every other country currently on earth.

War saved Europe from the terrors of Nazi Germany.

The Persians, Alexander the great, the Greeks and Romans,

The Carthaginians, Egypt, the list goes on and on. Most of the great turning points in the history of the world have come at the cost of war.

There comes a point when two opposing cultures exert such pressure on each other that only through war can the pressure be eased. We are at such a point.

I say that since we are at such a point, it would behoove us to prosecute this war in the place and the time of our choosing. That we hit hard and decisively, using all our available weapons systems. That we arm and support Israel in the upcoming conflict.

The world is about to change. There is no stopping it at this point. I say we damn sure better win it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
War has brought us to the brink of extinction.
We have perfected weapons till there are more than enough bombs to kill us all twenty times over....
The technology of killing and enslaving all of mankind has been born through war, and the threast of war.
Now that we have reached this apex in destruction, do you suppose there isnt at least one suicidal maniac who is capable of pulling the switch?
There is no chance in hell we wont at some point resort to the use of nukes!
The odds of it not happening grow slimmer every passing hour.
If we dont go through some radical kind of catharsis we will eventually destroy ourselves 90% chance guaranteed!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus

Originally posted by hippomchippo

War = Murder.

War created this great country and every other country currently on earth.

War saved Europe from the terrors of Nazi Germany.

The Persians, Alexander the great, the Greeks and Romans,

The Carthaginians, Egypt, the list goes on and on. Most of the great turning points in the history of the world have come at the cost of war.

There comes a point when two opposing cultures exert such pressure on each other that only through war can the pressure be eased. We are at such a point.

I say that since we are at such a point, it would behoove us to prosecute this war in the place and the time of our choosing. That we hit hard and decisively, using all our available weapons systems. That we arm and support Israel in the upcoming conflict.

The world is about to change. There is no stopping it at this point. I say we damn sure better win it.

Just because war ends war doesn't mean it is a good thing.
How many civilizations have fallen due to war?
How many pages of history have been wiped out due to war?
There is ALWAYS a diplomatic solution, it's just easier to kill.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Adding my 2cent

Gene Roddenberry : The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them.

So, we arent that civilize aferall, explains alot why the aliens dont say Hi

[edit on 9-8-2010 by RainCloud]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join