It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would happen to the animals if we all stopped using animal products

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
hello all

i dont know if this is the right place to put this so mods feel free to move it if its not

I was just thinking if we stopped useing animal products would we be saving them or killing them of even quicker because no one is going to want to farm animals if they are

not using them and you dont see a lot of cows pigs and sheep ect in the wild. so what would happen would they be killed or just left to die out and the only place you might

get a glimps of them in our city zoos or safary parks but then again who is go ing to wat to pay to see a common cow or sheep.

well it was just a thought and i wonder what every else thinks

[edit on 8-8-2010 by digby888]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure animals would be just fine without us around, just as they did thousands of years ago.

I've seen a lot of wild horses, bulls/cows, sheep, chickens and other animals commonly found on farms that are doing A-OKAY.

Anyways, I cant see Human's NOT using animal related products because it is apart of the way we live and eat.

By the way, U2U me if you wanna crash course in general spelling and grammar. Not insulting you, just saying.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan_The_Maori

thank you for the offer but i am fine with the way i spell my keyboard is wirless
so it sometimes misses out the odd letter which doesent help

but back to the point in question i myself think it would make a big differance there would be no farms with animals in. all the farms would be for grain fruit and veg and like every thing else the animals would be pushed out of there wild
habitat to make room for more farming

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I apoligize.

So what I collected from this is; you would approve the idea of growing grain, fruit, and vegetables as our MAIN source of diet, while also clearing wildlife areas on a mass scale so as we can eat natural. Yes?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan_The_Maori

no i would not want that i am a meat eater but have always tought about vegetarianism and that i suppose is where the thinking comes from i would be a terible vegie because a hate most veg so i dont know how i would survive.

i suppose the thaught came that what if every one turned vegan what would happen to the animals would we be doing them a favour or not

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by digby888

Unfortunately the owners of many existing farmed animals may destroy much of their herds as many farmers will not want to invest in feed for profitless animals, however, at least there will be no more breeding for meat, so animals won't be born into this world just to be slaughtered as soon as they are old enough.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
All domesticated animals die off, including dogs.
They are incapable of surviving in the wild, with the exception of maybe Cows and maybe Horses.

join