It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous to perpetrate UFO hoax!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anon-E-Mouse
Oh, and rules 1 and 2 only apply to raids, to any ITT that called 1 and 2.

Actually, the message the OP claimed as from Anon said that fight club rules apply.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo
...Rules 1&2 apply.

Careful. You might piss off Tyler Durden.

If you wake up tomorrow with cuts, bruises, a fat lip and a black eye, then you know Tyler probably came during the night and beat you up for breaking rules 1 and 2.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Details such as a "blue aura" should be used.

Hmmm...invoking Blue Beam?

As one whose spawn was involved with the anonymous dealings with Scientology, I will sit this one out with interest.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by Torgo

Torgo.....

What is their reason for doing this?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

They do it for the LULZ, I know i ran with them long ago before it spun out of control. There is no method to the madness, the modus is chaos. Funny though I can see some of the Scientology nutters taking this as a sign of the return of Xenu.. Anon "real Anon" defected from /b/ and there is the serious protest of Scientology version of anon kind of like the grown up Anon that has purpose then you have the 4chan Anon that consist of kids suffering from teenage angst and boredom that really stuck to the zelda meme fixation. This is obviously the 4chan group of Anon. They had a revolution and 4chan still keeps the name. Confused yet? Just look up encyclopedia dramatica and you will have e better idea. But these kids make me laugh especially with the Justin Beiber std thing more recently

just wrong

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Unknown Soldier.....

OK.....that helps me a little!

Just to save me a few mins, have you got any links I can follow to have a bit of a look at any of that?

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

On the 8th we will be the masterminds behind what is perhaps the greatest extra terrestrial hoax in history.

Masterminds... their HOAX has already failed before it started.

And seriously what is it with all these 4chan praisers on ATS?! 4chan is just a bunch of kids who think they are 1337.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The people on 4chan who are spreading the rumor of a UFO hoax being perpetrated in the next couple of days originate from a few people in an IRC chatroom spamming /b/ with the image. Anonymous cannot be one's personal army, but if there's lulz involved, Anonymous will do almost anything.

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
And seriously what is it with all these 4chan praisers on ATS?! 4chan is just a bunch of kids who think they are 1337.

That true for probably around 70% of them. 29% of them actually meet the guidelines of being 18 years or older, and 1% of them are top-class hackers who can really do some serious damage to sites if provoked.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Edit: WARNING the site linked to in this post contains offensive material.

You need look no further than here to see their motivation for a stunt like this.

Don't worry Anon, you'll still be able to pull a fast one on the media and the general public, I just didn't see the need for people who are genuinely interested in the subject to waste their time on something like this.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Torgo]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Unknown Soldier.....

OK.....that helps me a little!

Just to save me a few mins, have you got any links I can follow to have a bit of a look at any of that?

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

Anonymous is a force still but like I said you have 2 separate Anon

The lulz Anon 4chan and something awful pranksters

and then you have why we protest Anon "grown ups" kind of
www.whyweprotest.net...

History
encyclopediadramatica.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
On a tangential topic, I'm interested to see what will actually happen; maybe the vast, multi-point report will actually cause the craft to manifest in some way. It would go a long way to proving various consciousness-based-reality theories.

So when I asked in another thread why people on ATS worship anonymous like gods and claim they have all kinds of crazy powers, this is what people meant? They can fail a hoax and have it turn out to manifest a real UFO? Amazing.

So the great and mighty anonymous that can shut down the internet, take down the president, come after me personally, do anything to anyone, are proving that with this?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

Unknown Soldier & Torgo…..

Many thanks for your links & info.

I shall have a look around.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I seriously hope that this doesnt get placed somehow on /b/, because although some of you like to downplay anon, they can very easily ddos ATS.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
why would anon and the 4chan guys focus on something like this when there are so many folks out there that are worthy of their attention. Scientology, Righthaven and the other patent trolls, all religions and so on

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Because it's not "Anonymous" doing it. Like I said, it's a small group on a private IRC chatroom that organizes certain events. Then, they spam /b/ with images and text related to the event. When new people on 4chan see it, they flock like sheep, and it eventually spawns into a real thing. It's happened many times before (Habbo Hotel raid, TIME 100 Marblecake, etc.) and will continue to happen.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Crakeur.....

Do you agree with TheDebunkMachine as per his post, above?

Do you feel the Anon crowd could cause problems for ATS?

Even if they could, would they want to?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
why would anon and the 4chan guys focus on something like this when there are so many folks out there that are worthy of their attention. Scientology, Righthaven and the other patent trolls, all religions and so on

Because it's very easy to hoax UFOs, and the immediate reaction is almost unanimous belief from the community. By the time the hoax is exposed, the lulz will be expended and the whole thing will be tedious to the hoaxers.

It works on many levels for them.

Thanks for bringing this to the forum's attention, OP. Hopefully it'll tide the reports.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I totally agree.....well said

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine
I seriously hope that this doesnt get placed somehow on /b/, because although some of you like to downplay anon, they can very easily ddos ATS.

This is exactly what it is I am trying to understand. I keep reading these claims of amazing powers that anonymous has such as shutting down the entire internet and yet I see no evidence they have any power to do anything other than utilize warez scripts and hack facebook.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anikal
Inc Desu Desu carpet bombing or alien based rule 34's.

Yea what they do is childish compared too what we imagine a "highly leet" group of hackers would do

However /b/ is the only group willing to take action when its needed that im aware off. They get alot of bad rep since they do stuff simply "for the lulz" but are also responsible for some rather notable events such as the DDoS on the aussie government and fox news, helping catch child molesters and animal abusers and getting Rick Astley MTVs best act ever award =)

Also keeping rule 1 & 2 these days is damn near impossible with 4chans rising fame lol. Best get some dog curtains in.

Don't forget the Scientologists...

Hmmm no loveloss there i'm sure. Is it possible the op is fan of scientology and telling on anon for payback...lol

[edit on 8/6/2010 by Ironclad]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I hope you don't mind me asking ... I do so because you seem to be 'in the loop' so to speak.

Do you know if this a 'true' anon venture or another IRC /b/ spam job?

It's hard for a lay person to keep up with such things so any clarification would be appreciated.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join