It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous to perpetrate UFO hoax!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i would say they subscribe to this theory
Temporary Auntonomous Zone

short version for the poetic terrorism manifesto

i got hakim bey`s book in my sophomore year from my Communication`s Theory II teacher (book crossing / or as a gift) and because of it i discovered RAW and the principia discordia -- so, i hold it very dearly.
flash mobs derive from this guys, before it got co-opted by douchebag marketeers and mainstream hypsters. i would dare t say that even this so called modern art "urban interventions" have its roots on such musings.

operation mindf**k was also coined amidst this guys

no need to hate them, when you get what they`re doing all you can do is sit back and... lol.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

IRC /b/ spam job, although there is no way to tell 100% without some proof.

One quick way to tell is if there's a picture with a date on it, AND you see it posted a lot. However, some pranks are not from /b/ in origin, but /b/ will pick up existing pranks and amplify them. You may not believe this, but there are literally people out there who spend 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year on the Internet (some of them have mental/social disorders and get paid by the government, so they don't have to work). It's too early to tell, but if you still hear about that date a couple months from now, and it's still going strong, you know there are some bored individuals behind it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
You guys found about it, so keep it here.
The moar it spreads to other sites, the bigger chance there is that
it wont work/the LOIC will be fired up.
For those who dont know what LOIC does, it DDoS's.

As one who has made 20-40 threads on /b/ spreading it, I have also
said not to DDoS ATS, as long as it stays isolated to here. ATS isnt exactly big, and most people dont know about it.

Hell, you guys should join in. It could be lulzy, and create something great out of all teh lulz.

I already know of 5-600 people who are in on it,
plus all the people they tell, plus all the other chantards that keep
copypastaing my first message about it.

Just sit back, have a beer, and enjoy the possible lulz. If not, then
lul at anon. Which is what I think will happen.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

This was in the image they posted:

They're trying to tie in Zelda references with the hoax, hence the Bible quote about outspread wings.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine
I seriously hope that this doesnt get placed somehow on /b/, because although some of you like to downplay anon, they can very easily ddos ATS.

This is exactly what it is I am trying to understand. I keep reading these claims of amazing powers that anonymous has such as shutting down the entire internet and yet I see no evidence they have any power to do anything other than utilize warez scripts and hack facebook.

It's not powers it is just hacks, historically yes they have invaded forums and hijacked them and took them over. Like in 2007 they Hijacked several Hip Hop message boards and web sites after some of the members on said sites insulted some Anon members and they came in hordes and hacked the script. But that was the something awful faction of /b/ and there really is no organization in the prankster groups of Anon it has a snowball effect any more with the lulz. Best thing to do is not get their attention or antagonize them. Many of them post here and enjoy ATS. Im no spokesperson just an observation. And yes they have done some great things besides the lulz. Scientology has had major blows and exposure dealt to it thanks to Anon.

They make me LOL

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon-E-Mouse

looks like you have inside knowledge

what do you say about my guessing, regarding your filosophical views?

i once met the biggest, brightest, best, bunch of retards here at home (brasil) and they often went out to do some pretty messed up stuff in the name of poetic terrorism (subversive poetic theater, in their terms) -- like simulating demonic possessions in front of zealot old ladies leaving the churches... and other forms of public disorder...

great guys, and we used to staunchly discuss these themes.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Fabulous thread! You should "know your foe". S+F

I will always support the UFO / ET researchers in any way I can and also always take any chance to give the hoaxers a massive kick in the butt.
These dudes are so silly dumb-asses that it hurts.

Anyone who helps those (put the a-word or worse here) to commit those hoaxes is a truth terrorist in my eyes.

Guys, keep up the good work. I love ATS

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

yup, I do believe that the folks over there have the capabilities of creating all kinds of issues for us.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This is stupid.

They do this and any little credibility that the UFO community has will be lost. If they really pull this off, this will do for the UFO community what 9/11 did for the world view of Islam.

Remember when Anon seemed like it was fighting the good fight against "The Man"? What the hell..

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I didn't start this thread to create problems for ATS, so by all means delete it if you feel the need to do so, and I won't bring it up here again.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Stop complaining, if (traditional) UFOs existed then we would all know about it, there is nothing to research.

My advice is just to sit back and enjoy the show.

Also O.P. you break rule 1 and 2.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This will be truly amazing.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Xadaz

I'm not a part of Anonymous, rules 1 & 2 don't apply to me. I had no idea the members here would be in favor of a potential massive hoax at their expense.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Torgo]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
They are rules of the internet new***.

You were that kid at school that told on the people smoking behind the bike sheds weren't you.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xadaz
They are rules of the internet new***.

You were that kid at school that told on the people smoking behind the bike sheds weren't you.

And you should know, you've been using the internet all summer!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Interesting thread OP....
But I think we should lay low and stay out of harms way because ATS is such a good and fun place. I dont want anything to happen to it so best bet would be closing the thread.......

S&F

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Be very careful Daniel.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

...why would anon and the 4chan guys focus on something like this when there are so many .... that are worthy of their attention. Scientology, Righthaven and the other patent trolls, all religions and so on

I seem to remember a group calling themselves "anonymous" some time ago, that had it in for $cientology. ( Good for them, BTW
)

Is this another group, or just a "sect" of their own (so to speak)?

Newsweek article.

I see there are a lot of YT videos, too.....re: Anon and $cientology....

Branching out, are they?? Or offshoots....

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

yup, I do believe that the folks over there have the capabilities of creating all kinds of issues for us.

I am hoping that 'anon' recognize that both themselves and ATS are often championing similar ideals in their own ways and there will be no need for such considerations ... 4chan on the other hand is a little more unpredictable.

We are in a strange position in this regard here as ATS members ... we cannot stop investigating stuff simply because 4chan and/or anon may be behind it for fear of retaliation or expect 150,000 or so members to collude with their plans no matter what.

Like I said, hopefully reason will prevail.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

They can do much more than simply hack facebook, last year they managed to shut down the official scientology website and 10 others assosciated with it, they also managed to bring down the australian parliament website, which is why i say they can easily bring down a website like ats, if they can bring down a secure site such as a government site.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join