It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CCD link to 'killer bees'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is going to be one that I myself might write off initially as merely random. Unfortunately I can not write it off.

It started this morning as this.

A flash in the half awake half asleep mode. The information flashed as such:

african/killer bees kill failed killing honey bees mistake

Well Here it is.

Colony collapse disorder Wikipedia

Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) or sometimes honey bee depopulation syndrome (HBDS)[1] is a phenomenon in which worker bees from a beehive or European honey bee colony abruptly disappear. While such disappearances have occurred throughout the history of apiculture, the term colony collapse disorder was first applied to a drastic rise in the number of disappearances of Western honey bee colonies in North America in late 2006.[2] Colony collapse is economically significant because many agricultural crops worldwide are pollinated by bees.

USDA

USDA questions?????

Beginning in October 2006, some beekeepers began reporting losses of 30-90 percent of their hives. While colony losses are not unexpected during winter weather, the magnitude of loss suffered by some beekeepers was highly unusual. This phenomenon, which currently does not have a recognizable underlying cause, has been termed "Colony Collapse Disorder" (CCD). The main symptom of CCD is simply no or a low number of adult honey bees present but with a live queen and no dead honey bees in the hive. Often there is still honey in the hive, and immature bees (brood) are present.

and

USDA ccd

In the fall of 2006, a loud, new buzz began among beekeepers in a number of countries when managed honey bee colonies began to disappear in large numbers without known reason. By February 2007, the syndrome, which is characterized by the disappearance of all adult honey bees in a hive while immature bees and honey remain, had been christened “colony collapse disorder” (CCD). Some beekeepers reported losses of 30-90 percent of their hives during the 2006 winter. While colony losses are not unexpected during winter weather, the magnitude of loss suffered by these beekeepers was highly unusual.

I went for this link because of objections to wikipedia. I know there are several good threads here on this subject.

ATS CCD

A vid

'Killer Bees'

Africanized honey bees, known usually as the "killer bee", are hybrids of the African honey bee (not A. m. adansonii; see Collet et al., 2006), with various European honey bees such as the Italian bee A. m. ligustica and A. m. iberiensis. These bees are far more aggressive than the European subspecies. Small swarms of AHBs are capable of taking over European honey beehives by invading the hive and establishing their own queen after killing the European queen.[1]

USDA

USDA killer bees

The Latest Research on Africanized Honey Bees By Kim Kaplan March 2, 2004 While Hollywood has made Africanized honey bees a frightening villain of mythic proportions since the 1950s, the Agricultural Research Service has been helping people learn the best ways to live with them in the real world. Africanized honey bees (AHBs)--also melodramatically labeled "killer bees"--are the result of honey bees brought from Africa to Brazil in 1956 in hopes of breeding a bee better adapted to the South American tropical climate. They reached the Brazilian wilds in 1957 and then spread south and north until they arrived in this country in 1990.

ATS

Killer Bees ATS search

On a side note my brain thinks is part of this...

White nose syndrome

White nose syndrome (WNS) is a poorly understood malady associated with the deaths of more than a million bats.[1] The condition, named for a distinctive ring of fungal growth around the muzzles and on the wings of many affected animals, was first identified in a cave in Schoharie County, New York in February 2006,[2] and started showing up in the news after January 2007.[3] It spread to other New York caves and into Vermont, Massachusetts and Connecticut[4] in 2008.[5] In early 2009 it was confirmed in New Hampshire,[6] New Jersey, Pennsylvania,[7], West Virginia [4] and in March 2010 in Ontario, Canada, and northern Tennessee.[8][9] The condition has been found in over 25 caves and mines in the northeastern U.S.[10]

ABC white nose syndrome

A mysterious fungus is killing off thousands of bats around the country. Scientists are calling it white-nose syndrome, because of the distinctive white smudges on the noses and wings of infected bats.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by ripcontrol]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
continued....

I know the side note is there and I cant explain the logic in it. White nose syndrome, killer bees, and colony collapse disorder have something in common.

Change in the environment...

The killer bees were bred... On this I remember a little bit more about gene splicing I could be wrong... but the where introduced -

non native invasive species if I remember my words correctly

Colony collapse disorder...

Honey bee colonies dying in mass...

Mites-?
Viral-?
note: Anti-genic variation

Antigenic variation is the process by which an infectious organism alters its surface proteins in order to evade a host immune response. Antigenic variation not only enables immune evasion but also allows pathogens to cause reinfection as they are not recognised by the host's immune system. When an organism is exposed to a particular antigen (i.e. a protein on the surface of a bacterium) an immune response is stimulated and antibodies are generated to target that specific antigen. The immune system will then "remember" that particular antigen (immunological memory) and if the host is exposed to that same antigen again, those antibodies will act rapidly to destroy the pathogen. However, if the antigen is changed, the host's immune system will not recognise it and the pathogen can cause infection again whilst the immune system generates new antibodies to target the new antigen. Antigenic variation enables viruses to cross the species barrier (e.g. H5N1 virus "jumping" from birds to then infect humans). Finally, it also allows pathogens to establish persistent infections in their host.

of note....

Antigenic variation in protozoa is best demonstrated by species of the genus Plasmodium (responsible for causing malaria) and the trypanosomes (Trypanosoma cruzi which causes Chagas Disease and T. brucei gambiense and T. brucei rhodesiense which both cause African Sleeping Sickness). Plasmodium species carry out antigenic polymorphism and the trypanosomes variate one surface protein called the variant surface glycoprotein (VSG). The number of VSGs that a trypanosome can produce (referred to as the repertoire of VSGs) can vary from 100 to 1000.

why note it

I specialize in synthesis so I look for common ground and parts in common and obvious differences...

Viral pathogens list origin africa...
note: just thought does not mean accuracy

chemical-?
cell phones and frequency?

cell phone about

bacterium?

I saw nothing eliminating

Trauma via movement?

White nose syndrome...

fungal growth...

All these have a few more common links...

Is it possible that a version of some inner viral mutation in a carrier in the bee that became the killer bees has transferred to other species..

I also had a much more nagging feeling. Deliberate viral weapon to stop killer bees mutated and is taking out honey bees. Cross contamination is possibles across the ocean.

Its a low possibility but this is what else I want to add...

Naessan's Somatids

The major point I walked away with is that if weakened a virus will attack the weak....

What Is Beautiful I say a way to make billions, corner a market, and get a lot of power. After all the solution is cheap and they wont believe it works and you can keep it a trade secret...

With this in mind imagine if you control the food supply. To hell with all the other rules you call the shots.

In conclusion...

The bees dying is quite dangerous.

I think they tried to kill the killer bees and it is taking out the honey bee. If I am wrong hey good, unfortunately I dont feel I am. I wanted to know if anyone has had similar thoughts or seen evidence.

I have no clue why the white nose thing came up, but I saw the link and am curious. Extinction events are deadly.

I think I will try to form the company to solve this. It seems like it will be worth billions and billions. I would love to have that power.

What is beautiful is that it would be via an area that the experts say wont work.

thoughts????

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I remember reading about Africanized Killer-Bees before.

Personally, no amount of net profit gain, is worth screwing up the genetic pool.

Especially when it comes to natural processes.

Sorry, you want more profit out of bees, then find new uses for honey.

Do not screw with their genetics in the hopes of cross-breeding some super-bee.

That's stupid.

It is insane.

And it is asking for trouble.

Mother Nature does not take kindly to men in lab-coats playing with her children.

Are Cell Phones Killing Bees and Threatening Our Food Supply?

As for cell phone towers, the electronic signals, sent and received could very well screw up their ability to communicate, via the Hive Mind.

Like the cell phone providers give a damn right?

Not.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a0e3a79e7f2.jpg[/atsimg]

How about instead of hiding cell phone towers from the public for ascetically pleasing misnomers, camoflaging the fact that electronics are within the neighborhoods, the cell phone providers actually just converge all cell towers into less towers, sharing all localized towers together?

There's an interesting concept, less towers, less electronic interference, and possibly less damage upon the bees and Mother Nature.

What a novel concept, actually giving a damn, instead of reaping profits.

This does mean responiblity not only of people using cell phones but those making cell phones, the towers, and selling out their services to them.

I am grateful to be cell phone free.

I still have my cell phone of course.

I'm not making the funds to afford the services anymore though.

I use the alarm clock feature, the calendar, and calculator.

And occasionally I write my next thread and or post via text message.

Just saving it as a draft since I cannot send it anywhere.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I was actually thinking that if I am right about how to stop them dying Ill make a fortune.

What is worse is that it is so simple ....

If you can corner this market, you control americas food supply.... possibly the worlds....

lmeao

If this works your hired btw... on the spot... it is a long shot but heres to prayin...

We take it all and give NOTHING back... Its the same I was given...

If the cell phone towers are responsible the fix will be even cheaper then I thought was possible. I can spend a dollar eight at dollar general and save the whole colony... Science vs Pragmatism...

this whole thing comes down to a quick and dirty elimination process...

barring a failure, darwins revenge time...

I see a whole power dynamic changing very quickly based on who would have thought the food supply.... It has to be done...

I know I have veered off topic oh well my thread...

What else did catch my attention was this.... The African bees seem immune to CCD........

might be a carrier

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Have you ever considered they might just have done this on purpose?

Think about it for a moment.

Kill off the regular bees.

And force the beekeepers to buy their hybrids?

I'm not encouraging that I am merely establishing it could have been planned.

Or just an ignorant accident of arrogance by technologically driven profits.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Have there been any recent statistics to show whether or not the killer bees have been affected by colony collapse disorder at all?

It would be quite a frightening prospect if colony collapse disorder only affected normal honey bees while the killer bees were not affected at all.

If that happens to be the case then we could also speculate that all of the genetically modified crops might have something to do with it. I'm no scientist, but it would make sense to speculate on the possibility that genetically modified crops could have adverse effects on normal honey bees and yet have little to no effect on the genetically modified killer bees.

It would certainly go a long way to illustrate the ominous consequences of screwing around with mother nature.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I consider it... If they did it on purpose that means they will come out after me... If they did it by accident then covered up... IDK

Its about who is cut in and who is cut out... And how many armed guards are present

as for the statistics...

Wiki killer bee

Impact on existing apiculture In areas of suitable temperate climate, the survival traits of African queens and colonies outperform western honey bee colonies. This competitive edge leads to the dominance of African traits. In Brazil, the African hybrids are known as Assassin Bees, for their habit of taking over an existing hive of European bees; this habit is most evident when the hive being attacked has a weakened queen, so not all hives are equally vulnerable, and overall rates of hive usurpation can reach 20%.[1] Africanized bees have not been affected by colony collapse disorder like the managed bees.[11] They will probably become the niche for pollinators should the other bee species go extinct.

now if I understand the way it works...

oddly enough no statistics only speculation...

it seems to eliminate a few possibilities....

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I flew home from Charlotte yesterday and sat next to a woman who spend 20 minutes discussing what her research regarding the mass die-off of bees and it's possible cause.

CELL PHONE TOWERS.

They supposedly effect the homing abilities of the bees.

Can't support it and I don't even know her name. She lives in Charlotte, NC.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

If it is cell phone towers it will be because the frequency disrupts the natural functions... That is the easiest thing in the world to fix...

If my research turns out to be right and the fix is that cheap I will move into another niche right after I take this one over... Recycling... Then space travel....

But back to this issue, that is the easiest thing to fix... But there are a set of numbers available to TPTB that would point to cause, if its not there projects....

Thank you for the info because it is the easiest fix in the world...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
my understanding is that the honeybee CCD COLONY COLLAPSE DISORDER problem is being caused by GENETICALLY MODIFIED CORN witch is producing PERMETHRIN as an insecticide. While in large concentrations is an insecticide, in small concentrations actually stimulates the reproduction of insects. PERMETHRIN also inhibits testosterone in human males and reduces sperm count. PERMETHRIN may also decrease DRONE FERTILITY.

The effect of the GMO CORN PERMETHRIN is that bee handlers are feeding HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP to their bees during the winter. Then the PERMETHRIN in the HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP is stimulating MITES in the beehive to reproduce like crazy. There are several types of mites which parasitize honeybees, one of which is called a VARROA tracheal mite and lives in the bees trachea.

Well the tracheal mites don't usually kill the honeybees but the tracheal mites weaken the bees and are carrying a MICROSPORIDIAN FUNGUS (Nosema ceranae) which then infect the weakened bees. And to top it off, the fungus and mites are carrying several viruses like the ISRAEL ACUTE BEE PARALYSIS VIRUS and WING DEFORMATION VIRUS.

The treatment for all this is very interesting. And you would never guess where I saw the solution to the problem. I saw a large display for the treatment of bee mites in my local science museum FORT DISCOVERY in AUGUSTA, GA right next to a display by the military explaining MILITARY PSYCHOLOGICAL OPERATIONS (PSYOPS).

The treatment for the VERROA TRACHEAL MITE is to feed the bees CRISCO mixed with SUCROSE SUGAR. The TRANS-FATS in the CRISCO kill the MITES. THAT should also tell us that PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED TRANS FATS will slowly kill humans too. But, no joke, the display in the museum says that CRISCO SHORTENING and SUGAR will kill the mites. It even had a close up of the mite in the trachea of the honeybee.

HERE IS THE KILLER PATHWAY:

GMO CORN --> PERMETHRIN --> HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP --> DECREASE DRONE FERTILITY --> VERROA TRACHAEL MITES --> NOSEMA MICROSPORIDIAN FUNGUS --> ISREAL ACUTE PARALYSIS VIRUS --> COLONY COLLAPSE DISORDER.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by davedan978]

new topics

top topics

join