It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest US signals are in manga

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hiya,

I thought this was very interesting. It looks like the US propogander machine is in full swing in Japan.

Latest US signals are in manga

TOKYO: The US military is using manga to teach a new generation in Japan about the importance of the countries' half-century security alliance. A new comic book series features an American boy called Usa-kun - a word play on USA and ''usagi'', Japanese for rabbit - who wears a hooded jacket with bunny ears and befriends a Japanese girl, Anzu Arai. In the first issue of Our Alliance - A Lasting Partnership, to be published online today, the boy tells Anzu that he has come to defend her home, as they are ''important friends''.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/643551671b63.jpg[/atsimg]

Having spent some time over in Japan, I can tell you this country is very Americanised. They appear to have a genuine love of all things American.

What’s more is you can find manga comics on just about any subject, most a read by adults and are unfortunately in black and white...

I wonder why now though that the US has chosen to do such obvious propaganda in Japan??? Could it be that the Japanese are getting edgy at the prospect of a renewed Korean war and what the implications are for them?

When I was in Japan, there was a missile fired from NK into the sea of Japan... the atmosphere was well... you could cut the air with a knife...

Anyway.. Enjoy the artwork
Will try and find a translation.

Peace out,

Korg.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
What's the purpose of the graphic on the bottom left of the website for the Manga?

It looks like the tags that are used for Augmented Reality programs. It's titled "QR.jpg".

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Junkheap]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
What's the purpose of the graphic on the bottom left of the website for the Manga?

It looks like the tags that are used for Augmented Reality programs. It's titled "QR.jpg".

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Junkheap]

Well spotted and good question, it contains information through a barcode like manor.

The user scans the code with a cameraphone which decodes it. They normally contain websites info, contact info and other fun stuff.

It's quite common on Japanese Comics.

all the best,

Korg.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Yeah, I work in the receiving department for a campus bookstore, and I've actually seen a fair number of american text books with the same sort of symbol; one of them called it a "2D Barcode." Pretty cool little thingum. Reminds me of the item crafting system in Homestuck....

Anyway, as to the actual topic... that's HILARIOUS.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
what good friends, nuked emm bombed emm built bases and nation can not be independence and its culture is slowly if not all destructed because of friend, sorry but that sounds like a bully

sadly the Japanese have become cowards

new topics

top topics

join