It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to Impeach the Torturer-in-chief!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
OMG!!! Marg teaches young impressionable minds?!?

Now not only do i fear for you marg, but I'm VERY affraid of what kind of stuff you might be implanting into these young minds....PLEASE tell me you teach math or science and not social studies.

Yes during a political year, people will debate each other untill their blue in the face, and they wont be nice about it all the time...people do need thick skin but,
being able to tolorate reasonable critiques are one thing,
but to have to swallow completly emotional, non factual garbage is entirely another....

Im glad you let me off the hook for blasting away at you, but see that your pinning down another for being a little crass....what happened to that thick skin?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
CazMedia,

ha, ha, ha, I find it funny, you did not blast me you just posted and opinion and no offensive language, at least for me, now actually I have been bash before but you know what I always find that amusing.

Life is to short, and we have to enjoy it, and been mad and angry is only going to make you age too fast.

Now the bastard word is were I am from is considered very offensive but here in US is not that bad is you take literally so I can take a lot believe me.
We are only human.

And for being a teacher ha, ha, ha, I teach spanish.

by the way some of these children are more oppinionated that some people in this threads.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterCoyote

And I am tired of people justifying the actions of this administration. This country is supposed to be the beacon of democracy and of freedom. Yet we invade a country, lie about the reasons and then start torturing prisoners?

Are you kidding?...We are implimenting a Democratic society into Iraq...thats a bad thing?...To give the Iraqi's a chance to vote as to who shall lead them?...To remove a leader whos killed a large percentage of an opposing party is a bad thing?....And you call that torture?...Naked Pics?...Ill take a naked pic over a beheading anyday...

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Marg I wasn't talking to you, but I see how you like to focus the attention on yourself, fine. But I was actually talking to eastcoastkid and that journalist who wrote that article.

And you would be charged with treason, they take too much for granted in this country , it's like a spoiled kid complaining about how he now wants his moms visa card but mastercard as well.

And then when he gets em taken away , only then he would realise he doesn't have it so bad.

I really just think these liberals are pissed because many of them are shallow and care too much what people think about them and none of em could ever do the job bush has done and none of em could stick their head out without worrying what people think.

The logic just isn't there, they are emotional driven people which doesn't make for good leadership.
You would think people would be happy to know that Iraqi's are finally getting a real electiong now with just Sadam's name on it and thats it.
Look at South Africa, there's a city there America helped to free and they are basking in the freedom of a democratic society, they had a show on them, and the lineup went for miles and miles just so they could check a box to elect someone...
They were truly happy.

But you liberals can't look at that, you just can't be happy, you gotta be pissed because YOUR party (very selfish) didn't get to do it, you complain about how Bush should be impeached only on the grounds that you think its only fair because clinton did.

Bush didn't LIE, Clinton did, and when he did you guys acted like it was ok he did that. It was ok because he was a liberal.

Your politics get in your way of logic reason and morale.

Thats why you guys suck as leaders, when you guys decide to take that pacifier out of your mouth and finger out of your butt, maybe then will people have different opinions of you, until then, your all still a bunch of whiners, losers, selfish self righteous worms. What was so hard about paying attention in school that you guys just couldn't fathom?

[edit on 4-7-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
TrueLies,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I will never get mad at you for being strait forwarded, and keep expressing your oppinions

Sometimes this thread get hot but that is the beauty of them.
And you are right I do like attention.

Now you have to give this people credit, bush got us in a mess, and his policies are kind of extremist.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Are you kidding?...We are implimenting a Democratic society into Iraq...thats a bad thing?...To give the Iraqi's a chance to vote as to who shall lead them?...To remove a leader whos killed a large percentage of an opposing party is a bad thing?....And you call that torture?...Naked Pics?...Ill take a naked pic over a beheading anyday...

You honestly think a lone, democratic, American-like nation can survive surrounded by other nations that sponsor terrorism? What a joke.

I fail to see how torturing prisoners and installing an administration is democratic...

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
I fail to see how torturing prisoners and installing an administration is democratic...

Are you lucid?? Apparantly you haven't taken notice to the FACT THAT IT WAS 7 PEOPLE WHO MADE AN ASS OUT OF THIS COUNTRY... I fail to see how those 7 soldiers *SCUMBAGS* can make you think that about the admin instead of dividing the two and being smart enough to decipher the difference between the two.

And apparantly you haven't noticed that Iraqi's were oppressed but you don't care cuz you have no idea what it was like to be under such a brutal dictator.... Count your blessings your parents bred you here in the good ol US. OF A.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This from a CLINTON administration indictment on Nov. 4, 1998, charging bin Laden with murder in the bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa:

"...al Qaeda reached an understanding with the government of Iraq that al Qaeda would not work against that government and that on particular projects, specifically including weapons development, al Qaeda would work cooperatively with the government of Iraq."

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
East coast kid- your views put you in interesting company
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
East coast kid- your views put you in interesting company
www.cnn.com...

You know what's scary? Saddam Heussein is responsible for the deaths of so many people, that the prosecution will get to pick and choose which crimes Heussein has commited to convict him on.
Heussein thinks he's going to be aquitted, and retire to a villa in France... fat chance!
What this dictator deserves is a good old fashioned public hanging...

As for the torture of Iraqi prisoners... First, there are over 130,000 American troops in Iraq (and several thousand troops from other countries there, including the UK, Poland, and South Korea, for example) -- you can't judge all of them based on what a hundred or so did wrong. Second, yes, what those particular U.S. troops did was wrong, and IF their orders came from higher up, then perhaps more than court martials of individual soldiers should happen. But none of the documents you've shown me points directly to Bush himself, or his Cabinet... until real proof is shown, your hopes for a Bush impeachment and removed Cabinet members are in vain. Third, even though what was done to those Iraqi prisoners was wrong, wearing panties on their head and being stripped naked is nothing compared to how Saddam Heussein and his cronies ran their prisons -- instead of humiliation, he dealt with actual mutiliation; examples include putting people in giant plastic shredders, or forcing one person to watch their spouse get raped and have digits and limbs cut off. Finally, these are not innocent Iraqis we're talking about here; these are hard-core criminals, that were caught either killing or trying to kill Iraqi civilians, or American or allied troops. There were no jaywalkers or double parkers in that prison...

But I do agree with you on one thing: The fact that we're fighting a war on terrorism does not give us the permission to lose the moral high ground. The US and its allies must maintain high standards of conduct, while not taking any s*** from the enemy at the same time, if we're going to win this thing...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yes impeach the pResident in state!

If this were any other country in the world I wouldn�t care, but when America farts the whole world smells it. If you know what I mean LOL

First of all, yes call me a Bush Basher I can�t stand the man, The Bush cabal stole the American Presidency then allowed the 911 events to take place, invaded two countries, and yes there is a connection to Iraq, 911 and Ben Laden, and it called the Bush cabal,

I thought I would also post these Quotes from the pResident. Just for a laugh with my fellow Bush Bash fan club.

"I first of all, there are a lot of brains in this room. And you get to decide whether there's a brain drain in Russia. I tell Vladimir all the time -- I mean, Mr. President all the time -- that Russia's most precious resource is the brainpower of this country. And you've got a lot of it. It's going to take a lot of brains in Russia to create a drain." -- George W. Bush, St. Petersburg University, St. Petersburg, Russia, May 25, 2002

My administration has been calling upon all the leaders in the -- in the Middle East to do everything they can to stop the violence, to tell the different parties involved that peace will never happen." -- George W. Bush, Crawford, Texas, Aug. 13, 2001

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." -- George W. Bush

"This administration is doing everything we can to end the stalemate in an efficient way. We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -- George W. Bush, April 10, 2001

"A low voter turn-out is an indication of fewer people going to the polls." -- George W. Bush

"I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." -- George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

"I do think we need for a troop to be able to house his family. That's an important part of building morale in the military." -- George W. Bush, speaking at Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida, March 12, 2001

"I am mindful of the difference between the executive branch and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders that I know the difference, and that difference is they pass the laws and I execute them." -- George W. Bush, Dec. 20, 2000

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there, is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe." -- George W. Bush, August 11,

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century." -- George W. Bush, September 15, 1995. From Mark Weber

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and
have a tremendous impact on history."
...George W. Bush

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."...George W. Bush to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/93

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a
firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe." ...George W. Bush

"Public speaking is very easy." ...George W. Bush to reporters

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican"...George W. Bush

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the
polls." ...George W. Bush

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
...George W. Bush 9/22/97

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."...George W. Bush, 9/5/93

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our
children." ...George W. Bush, 9/18/95

"The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that
George Bush may or may not make."...George W. Bush

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on
the mistakes we may or may not have made." ...Governor George W. Bush

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities
in our air and water that are doing it."...George W. Bush

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system.".George
W. Bush www.anvari.org...

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Quotes pulled out of context often do not mean the same thing as they do in the context of the overall message presented as well as its intended audience.

To try and use such out of context statements to back an impeachment of the President, shows a total lack of CREDIBILLITY for this emotionally based, attempted justification, founded loosley upon speculative pretext.

Based on this Bush will never get Impeached on crap reasons like this.
IF your gonna bag him, you better bring far more tangible and actionable allegations than these.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Quotes pulled out of context often do not mean the same thing as they do in the context of the overall message presented as well as its intended audience.

To try and use such out of context statements to back an impeachment of the President, shows a total lack of CREDIBILLITY for this emotionally based, attempted justification, founded loosley upon speculative pretext.

Based on this Bush will never get Impeached on crap reasons like this.
IF your gonna bag him, you better bring far more tangible and actionable allegations than these.

Read my lips

I thought I would also post these Quotes from the pResident. Just for a laugh with my fellow Bush Bash fan club.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join