It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official BTS Fantasy Football League Comp 2010

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Not long til the draft now guys

Make sure you can all attend, be there about 15 minutes before the draft starts

[edit on 24/8/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Looking forward to it. It will be my first real draft of the year.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well....looks like I'll be working. I was scheduled off but they need me to come in.

I have computer access and can probably make it. How does this work. How long do we have to pick and how long does the process take?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Each person has 60 seconds to make a pick. There's 12 picks per round for 15 rounds. Theoretically it could take 3 hours, but it never takes near that long. Everyone usually knows who they want and makes their pick fairly quickly. For the people who aren't there, the computer autopicks for them. After the first round, it autopicks automatically without wasting any time. I would say it will take 45 minutes to an hour, but that's just an estimate.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hey guys

Rising Against wont be able to make the draft. His computer has stuffed up and he will be offline for a week. He had been ranking his players though, so he should be ok.

Also, I cant remember how we did this last year, does a link pop up on the league page for us to log into the draft?

[edit on 26/8/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Only a few short hours to go.

Good luck in the draft gents.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yes, there should be something there within a few hours of the actual draft. You can join the draft room an hour before, I think, but that is unnecessary, especially considering your time zone

But there is a link to the draft lobby on the league homepage, as well as on your team's page. You will need an updated Java for it, but other than that, you just need a good internet connection.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Draft order is set...The draft window is up and running...T-minus 50 minutes til launch.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Dissapointing to see that half of you didnt bother turning up for the draft

Get your butts in here

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
6 of 12 turnout. 7 of 12 for a few minutes. That's a little disappointing. Oh well. Hopefully you're all happy with your teams and don't avoid participating because you got all autopicks.

Good luck everyone.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My connection forced me into auto pick...I did not get the QB I wanted when I showed up (Eli Manning was the best remaining at the time, in my opinion)...C'est La Vie...you never know what is going to happen...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Who wants to make a trade?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Well, the office got busy. There was no way I could've made it. OH well, you're still going down. Anybody need a WR?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I do.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Devo I just sent you a trade offer....Fitzgerald and Thomas Jones for Andre Johnson and Alex Smith.

Bushido I sent you one also....Terrell Owens and Cooley for Dallas Clark and Vincent Jackson.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Boognish]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Boognish

Sadly, I must decline.

I invested a lot into get Clark and I can't give him away for TO.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have Rising Against in the first week...should be interesting...though my main QB is likely going to be suspended for the first few games...if not more...but I think I have some potential...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

Well, the office got busy. There was no way I could've made it. OH well, you're still going down. Anybody need a WR?

What do you need?

Why do we have by weeks?

[edit on 26/8/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Why do we have by weeks?

To keep it consistent...otherwise Fantasy Football would have a 17 week season while the NFL has a sixteen...

Edit to Add - Like I know what I am talking about...

[edit on Fri, 27 Aug 2010 00:10:08 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The system automatically assigned bye weeks due to the change in the number of teams. I have offset it by changing the number of regular season weeks from 14 to 11 and making the playoffs six weeks long. Each playoff round will be two weeks long. Eight teams will make it to the playoffs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join