It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official BTS Fantasy Football League Comp 2010

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Boognish

Fair enough but just so you know, I'm offering 2 of my back up QB's (who are both starters in the NFL right now) and possibly 1 TE (2 of mine are also starters) for just one of your WR's.

If you decline then we'll leave it at that unless you think you can get a good deal out of this.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I was bored and went through and gave a rating between 0 and 10 to each player by position on each team. This is my system for determining these ratings if anyone else wants to have a go at it:

1: Rate each player at a position
2: Add together all player ratings at that position
3: Divide by number of players at that position to produce overall position rating
4: Repeat for every position
5: Add together each overall position rating
6: Divide by six positions

The result is that team's overall rating.

I also added in modifiers. These modifiers subtract points from teams with no back-ups at a position and/or have starters and back-ups with the same bye week as these will cause roster conflicts when the starters have a bye week. The amount of points subtracted depends on the importance of the position:

Quarterback: -.50 points
Running Back: -.75 points
Wide Receiver: -.40 points
Tight End: -.25 points
Defense: -.35 points
Kicker: -.10 points

These ratings are completely based on my opinion of players, so it is not the most accurate system in the world. But this is how I feel each team stacks up:

AboveTopSecret Division

Cuba Raft Riders
QB: 8.50
RB: 6.75
WR: 7.33
TE: 7.00
D: 7.50
K: 7.50
TOTAL: 7.43

Bushido Kanji
QB: 8.00
RB: 7.33
WR: 6.00
TE: 7.50
D: 7.00
K: 8.50
TOTAL: 7.39

Rushin' Roulette
QB: 6.67
RB: 6.00
WR: 4.00
TE: 7.00
D: 7.50
K: 7.90
TOTAL: 6.51

Team Walton
QB: 3.50
RB: 5.60
WR: 6.40
TE: 7.75
D: 6.65
K: 6.90
TOTAL: 6.13

Team Ramrod
QB: 4.00
RB: 5.60
WR: 6.60
TE: 7.75
D: 5.65
TOTAL: 6.08

Sardis Snakes
QB: 6.40
RB: 5.20
WR: 6.00
TE: 6.00
D: 4.65
TOTAL: 5.86

BelowTopSecret Division

Team Starry
QB: 6.00
RB: 6.33
WR: 5.60
TE: 6.50
D: 8.65
K: 8.90
TOTAL: 7.00

Uranus Sleepers
RB: 6.00
WR: 6.20
TE: 9.75
D: 4.65
TOTAL: 6.58

Aussie Thunder
RB: 6.20
WR: 5.75
TE: 6.50
D: 7.65
TOTAL: 6.50

ATS Eagles
QB: 8.50
RB: 4.80
WR: 4.60
TE: 6.75
TOTAL: 6.37

Canadian Mod Squad
QB: 5.50
RB: 7.40
WR: 4.80
TE: 8.75
K: 4.90
TOTAL: 6.33

Senor Boognish
QB: 4.00
RB: 5.20
WR: 7.20
TE: 5.75
TOTAL: 5.95

If these team averages are also averaged out, the AboveTopSecret Division is the more powerful division at an average rating of 6.57 compared to the BelowTopSecret Division at 6.46.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Lowest rating for the Sardis Snakes. Oh well week 1 is almost here and I'll be laughing at your ratings.

Maurice Jones-Drew, Rashad Mendenhall, Felix Jones and Ahmad Bradshaw, those 4 guys alone will take me far.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and mine is that yours is way off.

Snakes = numero uno

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

I think Mendenhall and Jones-Drew will be big for you. Felix Jones will too if he stays fit. I think he rated your RB's too low

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

MJD isn't what he used to be, he is injury prone and is a high risk. Rashard Mendenhall, I'm not a big fan of his work. He is decent, but he wont be a deciding factor if your team isn't balanced. Bradshaw... My policy is that if you share the backfield and your name isn't DeAngello Williams or John Stewart, you probably wont do as well as you could.

Felix Jones is a joke, plain and simple.

Signed,
An Eagles fan.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
And just when I thought I would have a perfect start to the season, the f**ken Ravens sign Houshmandzadeh. Hopefully he fails and Boldin stays number 1 target

WTF!!! :shk:

Oh and Revis signed with the Jets making week one look even worse

[edit on 7/9/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

....does that have anything to do with Dallas' defense shutting the Eagles down and then beating their ass in the playoffs? Is that a sore subject?

Sincerely,
Dallas Fan

[edit on 7-9-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

That has almost nothing to do with it. And the Cowboys' defense better step its game up after being routed by the Texans in the Preseason. Yeah, it was Preseason, but the starters were playing.

The Eagles have their own set of problems, like the one at QB. I personally would rather see Vick under center than Kolb, but I am not Andy Reid, so that isn't my call. Also, they need someone experienced opposite of Asante at DB.

Other than that, the Eagles are ready to go. What about your Cowboys? Still living in the past or are you ready to move forward yet?

Signed,
An Eagles fan

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Good thing I stayed with Housh

Championship!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

MJD washed up and not what he used to be? I don't know what you're smoking but please put it down. MJD's career averages 4.7 yards per carry and 12.5 touchdowns a year along with just under 1000 yards rushing each year, and 2 years he wasn't even the starter. He started all 16 games last season and had 312 carries, so injury prone doesn't really cut it either.

And Felix Jones, with his 5.9 yards a carry and 3 TD's in limited action, yeah thats just crap too??

Ahmad Bradshaw, 7 TD's on 169 carries with a 4.8 yards per carry while being a backup, he has been slated as the starter this year.

And finally Rashard Mendenhall will be getting a lot of work seeing how the starter in Pitsburgh is Dixon for the first 4 games, so pounding the rock like mad will be the strategy.

If I could bet money with you in person, I would easily put money on my Backs out performing yours week in and week out. You don't even have 2 starting RB's, you have one CJ who will be game planned against every week, and you have LT who is a back-up. And your only other option is a back who will be having limited options on a very subpar offense.

Advantages Snakes.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

LT will be the goal line back, you know... the one who gets the touchdowns. CJ was planned against last season too, still managed to beat defenses. I don't see that stopping any time soon. Leon Washington is a return guy, something that is quite useful in this league. I also have Harvin as a return man, someone that has proven himself as a receiver as well as someone who can take one back for 102 yards.

Let's see...what else could you try to pick apart from my team? It couldn't be Schaub, he is in the top 5 QB's in the league. Laurent Robinson, yes you got me there. He is unproven, but aren't all sleepers? He has a hot QB and will be the number 1 receiver. He may get me some points, he may not. We will just have to see. Shockey wont be used until Clark is on a bye, so I don't have to worry about you ripping me on that, right?

I do have top kickers, arguably the most consistent in the league with Akers being on a team that fails in the redzone more times than not, and Kaeding just being the beast that he is. The Eagles defense has been in the top D's in the league for sometime now; the Texans D is young and unproven, but they may just surprise you.

On paper you may be right about MJD, Felix Jones, and whoever else, but paper from years past doesn't mean much today. It is really anyone's guess who is going to excel. You will have your opinion, I will have mine. My opinion is that Felix Jones, despite having more of a load this season, will choke like his QB. Needless to say that people will still think the Cowboys are top sh*t, but I long since gave up trying to get those horses to drink.

We play week 2, I do believe. We will see who has the better team then, no?

[edit on 8-9-2010 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I cant wait til week 2 to see who has bragging rights

I designate your game as game of the week

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hands down Schaub is the better fantasy QB than Romo, but I wasn't arguing QB's.

I just believe my RB's were heavily under-rated by the person who did their little point system.

Maybe Hard Knocks is getting to my head, and I've listened to Rex Ryan too much, but I WILL win week 2.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

It isn't a perfect rating system by any means, so I wouldn't look too much into it, but to think you are going to win in week 2? Dream on, brother

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

I mentioned in the post that it was based on my opinion of players and was not perfect.

If you want a better rating, come up with one and compare it to mine.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I'm just talking crap because I was the lowest ranked team. I give you kudos for coming up with the point system but its faulty because who ever is rating the players is obviously biased. Someone has to have the lowest ranked team, it just shouldn't be me
haha.

Anyone else pumped for the season to start? Its like christmas....

Vikings over Saints 30-27

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

It certainly feels like Christmas

I am taking the Vikes as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The season officially kicks off in a few minutes here...I have no players in tonight's game but will still enjoy the show.

Good Luck, Gents...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I had Colston and he was dissapoting. Got the catches but didnt find the end zone unfortunantly for me

Ah well

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I had Colston and he was dissapoting. Got the catches but didnt find the end zone unfortunantly for me

Ah well

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join