It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poo Powered Car Seen On The Streets Of Bristol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This Bio-Bug runs on methane gas from raw sewage processing. Engineers estimate that one car can run 10,000 miles on waste from 70 homes. They say there are no unpleasant odors, thank goodness! I am glad to see technology that can utilize the vast amounts of raw sewage in the world. Will there be people in cars lining up at portopotties now, like some bio cars do at restaurants for oil?

Additional Vid
www.bbc.co.uk...
Methane Makers
news.bbc.co.uk...

Peace and poo to you

[edit on 5-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Interesting idea, reminds me of Willie Nelson who used soya bean oil to power his travel tour bus, think he started doing that back in the nineties..
For those who may not know who Willie Nelson is, he was one of the singers in The Highwayman, along with Johnny Cash and Wylon Jennings.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Nice ! Now when I have "hard gas" it wont go to waste..

It would be sweet if they could build a toilet bowl right into the driver seat, although you would probably get fined for "wiping and driving".

~meathead

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Thanks for the reply! Yes Willie was developing alternative fuel sources before it was even mainstream. And if anyone doesn't know who Willie is, well you are missing out on one of the greatest singer/songwriters ever! He has also been a creative and influential activist as well.

peace

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

Hello MS, always glad to cya on the boards. What you mention reminds me of the Idiocracy movie scene where the people have a toilet in their couch!

I can just see the new captain chairs for these cars, complete with toilet conversion right beneath you.
I just hope the exhaust isn't too ripe!

spec

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Yeah we have ways to make oil via algae, and make hydrogen via
algae now as well.

It can be done in the desert using agri-waste and human waste
as feed stock.

Thou the government and others talk big on going green once
they get in office it is all a big lie.

So we continue sending ppls kids to die in the desert for oil
that we do not in truth really need.

We even have the tech to make paper batteries with carbon nanotubes
and make an all electric society.

Solar, wind, jet stream, and ocean current would power it all forever
even with 10 times the earth's current population.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
This is the car for you ,if you drive like crap it also gets rid of tailgaters.This is an old idea but good to see its getting some attention,just need a trailer load of pigs and away you go

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Hooray for poo! Nothing is wasted.

And I have to say hooray to those scientists who had to play around with poo - ugh.

Great find!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I agree EMT, I hope there is a transition taking place, too slow for most but we have got to move forward and incorporate alternative fulels.
Thanks for the reply.
spec

reply to post by 12voltz

Hee hee, now that's funny!

I wonder if we will start to se fueling stations pop up at the edge of some ranches? Who knows, or should I say poo knows?
spec

reply to post by catwhoknows

Hooray for poo science! It would be nice to make full use of all our waste!
Thanks for the reply

spec

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Great. Now because of the way that eminent domain laws work, does this mean that BP can annex my digestive tract? We've already seen how careful they are with their operations...

Alternatively... "Quick, Robin, to the Scatmobile."

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Haven't you heard Bp has developed small buttsize tophats just in case!

spec

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Great. Now because of the way that eminent domain laws work, does this mean that BP can annex my digestive tract? We've already seen how careful they are with their operations...

Alternatively... "Quick, Robin, to the Scatmobile."

Which is even funnier to think about when you watch The Dark Night and the taxis say "SCAT." I think it stands for the Chicago Area Taxi service, but funny nonetheless!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I would bet that Lisa Marie Nowak would have loved to have one of these cars when she made her long over land journey to Orlando ha!@

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Willie runs a truck stop in texas that sells nothing but biofuel, truckers love it, and he is helping out.
If you dont know his history and current, you should do some looking.
He has used his money to try to make a diffrence, even though the weed got him in trouble, he has used his money to try to help out. Although i'm sure he still makes a profit.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Nice. So now our elected officials can be worth a ---- because they are full of ----.

Never thought we could see a redeeming value in DC. Its like the mother lode.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

new topics

top topics

join