It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The good & bad of coffee

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I am a major coffee junkie allways loved it.
one other thing thats interesting coffee is good for is pulling the metals out of water into the grounds.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amiga_de_los_Gatos
I love coffee. I never really notice any caffeine effects when I drink single-origin coffees, but get jittery when I drink normal grocery-store "canned ground coffee," even if it's supposedly 100% Columbian or whatever.

Does anyone besides me ever worry about
our favorite drink being at high risk for bioterrorism?
After all, great coffee originates in some political hot-spots...
Indonesia, Yemen, Kenya, Tanzania...

[Pours another cup of yummy Costa Rican coffee]

sounds like you drink the darker roasted coffee's the thing is the darker the roast the less the caffine because the longer the bean is roasted the more the caffine is cooked out.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sterling46
You experience headaches after you've drunk coffee because you're dehydrated. Coffee is a diuretic, so make sure you drink more water when you drink coffee.

A bit off topic, but I hate coffee. This may be because I can taste the bitterness more, or because I haven't gotten addicted to it yet.

Coffee is kind of like alcohol- addictive, bitter, and a diruetic. One exception being alcohol tends to put you to sleep while coffee keeps you awake.

Please don't put coffee in the same catergory as alcohol. I have never known anyone caught driving in an erratic manner under the influence of an innocent cuppa coffee. LOL. Just cause you hate coffee.....GEEZ.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I need my coffee, I just cann't go without it, although if I drink too much I get heartburn, but I love my coffee.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
You sure it dehydrates? Coffee is %98+ water.

I love coffee. But for those who don't think coffee is a drug: take 13 consecutive shots of espresso *shivers*

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I drink a me sized mug of Iced Cofee in a humangonches Stein/Mug every morning... Don't dare make suggestive movement, or eye contact with me until it is half gone.

Yes Cofee does dehydrate, the caffeine ups your metabolims increasing circulation, and heart rate, thus indirectly effecting your kidneys, then bladder, et all.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
im only 16 and I drink coffe up the ying yang, But coffe stains your teeth so i have to watch out .

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I used to love coffee, but I learned that what I really liked was the caffeine. Which is not to say that I don't like the taste. I drank my coffee strong and black for some thirty years. I drank often ten cups per day.

Then I began to have bladder problems. The doctor put me on a medication to shrink my prostate, which was part of the problem and told me to get off caffiene. So I gave up regular coffee. I had always kept decaf around to drink when I didn't need the caffeine, but after a very short period of time, without the caffeine, I had no desire to drink coffee, at all.

It never enters my mind to get up and fix a cup of coffee. Sometimes, in a restaurant when it is cold, I want a cup of coffee before or after my meal, but I have learned the hard way that those who wait tables will give you regular coffee instead of decaf when it is convenient, because they think no one will know. Within 20 minutes, I know and that is why I never trust an individual who waits tables to bring me decaf. It's not worth the thirty trips to be bathroom.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Yeah 10 cups is pretty hardcore man =)

I have a theory that if you take a crap load of any one element you will experience bad juju. ^ ^

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Meh, if I didn't eat/drink/wear/use everything that is supposedly "bad" for you I'd be dead...actually no. I wouldn't have been born...hmmm, then again, neither would my mother because having sex can cause cervical cancer in women...

I used to drinks LOTS of coffee back in my programming days, but I seem to have developed a sort of allergy to it. Now any more than 3cups a day and I get heart murmers...which is nice

In moderation it's an awesome drug
Increase concentration / ability to remember, give you a lil pep up & put some bounce in your step etc

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
coffee is worse than "weed". the chemicals in weed is less powerfull than coffee, caffine in powder form is a very very dangerous its can kill you, just about the same a radiation poisoning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join