ATS Comic Book Video Beta Test (Mr Mask's Conspiracies)

page: 1
35
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
In case anyone would like a preview at some of what is being prepared with the Mr Mask comic recently put on these boards, here is a quick "beta test" created by our amazing video gurus at ATS.

This is not a final product, and its hardly finished. But Its a sneek peek at what other formats the comic will be available in.

Thank ATS for this, because they made it happen.

BETA preview of Mr Mask Video format for the comic.

Just a small hint of what's coming and how many forms it shall arrive in.

Soon there will be more to announce, but while anyone may be waiting, this is a good thing to pass that time.




[edit on 5-8-2010 by Mr Mask]




posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Actually... the full-screen HD version might be a little more indicative of things to come...

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Bravo!!

Next step, the cartoon, then, the Full Length Feature Movie !

An ATS Movie would kick butt.

er..

I hate to ask this But.. now that this awesome comic of yours is in video format.. can we link it on other sites? How about a you tube version?

Anything/way to help spread the word and help advertise our awesome ATS.





[edit on 4-8-2010 by JohnPhoenix]



posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This thing is beyond awesome.

All I can say is, Amazing work!!!!

I have to admit, I was hesitant about it at first... I mean, a comic book... Seems... Just like something I would not be interested in... But I clicked that link and watched that video... and.... Wow...


Amazing stuff!!!



posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Actually... the full-screen HD version might be a little more indicative of things to come...

www.abovetopsecret.com...


Make them all laugh at me...

Skeptic Overlord has a bigger video...

I'm ok with that.

Seriously, I didnt know that was uploaded! Awesome preview for me as well!


Thanks!

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Mr Mask]



posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
This thing is beyond awesome.

All I can say is, Amazing work!!!!

I have to admit, I was hesitant about it at first... I mean, a comic book... Seems... Just like something I would not be interested in... But I clicked that link and watched that video... and.... Wow...


Amazing stuff!!!


Good to see a hesitant man weigh his vote and choose in favor of a project I am dear to. Thank you sir, that takes guts.

I also am loving the video shots, and there is more to come.

But, for the record, if you hated it and just hands down wanted me destroyed...I'd have to quote a book in saying-

"If a water brother selected for him such a strange discorporation, he would cherish it and try to grok."



posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This comic is very well illustrated and has done a fine job of incorporating the conspiracies of ATS and abroad. I am truly excited for more as this preview has certainly sparked my interest. I do have a few questions for Mr Mask.

What direction are you considering taking the story in? Are there going to be more like mini episodes with individual plot lines or are you considering a continuing story? Maybe a little of both?

Secondly, I would like to ask if you have any future characters in mind?

Just curious



[edit on 5-8-2010 by born2BWild]



posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Its cool, it kinda reminds me of "Shooting War"



posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by born2BWild


What direction are you considering taking the story in? Are there going to be more like mini episodes with individual plot lines or are you considering a continuing story? Maybe a little of both?


Each episode is being written to fill a 10 page mini-comic format. Ten of those will become a min graphic novel. I ultimatly, if I can keep a reader base, would like to produce three such graphic novels...so 30 issues.

Story? There will be a little of both, a constant story leading from awakening to "you'll see", and of course each episode will have its own flavor or subject matter.



Secondly, I would like to ask if you have any future characters in mind?


Oh yes...in fact, I can't wait to introduce them one by one. Some appearances will also be made by some people here on ATS...all done with permission of course.

But there is also a "cast" of self made characters being designed for the book. And those will be interesting indeed.




Just curious


I once had a cat like that...poor thing.

Thank you sir! Great questions and great review. I'm honored.


[edit on 5-8-2010 by born2BWild]



posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'd say superb work but then I watched it again...

It's quite obvious that the build up music at the end taps out 'The Anti-Christ' in Morse code as well as the subliminal messages strewn between frames that show what's under Mr. Mask's mask (creepy!!).

This is indeed the work of the reptililluminafia and proves, without a doubt, that 'A wild sheep chase' by Haruki Murakami is right in every aspect.

In the words of most of ATS: 'Prove me wrong!!'

-m0r

PS: Nice work guys on making it all movie like (Any chance of getting a narrator to read it out*??)

*You know, so that those who can't read are still included as viewers.



posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
I'd say superb work but then I watched it again...

It's quite obvious that the build up music at the end taps out 'The Anti-Christ' in Morse code as well as the subliminal messages strewn between frames that show what's under Mr. Mask's mask (creepy!!).

This is indeed the work of the reptililluminafia and proves, without a doubt, that 'A wild sheep chase' by Haruki Murakami is right in every aspect.



Those things were just hidden easter eggs for someone to win a Mr Mask plush doll and matching cargo luggage! YOU WON M0R!!!!


NOW please exit your home and approach the black van that has your winnings so the man with the black sunglasses and ear piece can deliver them to you!

You earned it!



PS: Nice work guys on making it all movie like (Any chance of getting a narrator to read it out*??)


I see we have a hacker snooper or time scryer who can tell the future...ANOTHER PRIZE! TWO VANS WILL BE WAITING OUTSIDE!







[edit on 5-8-2010 by Mr Mask]



posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
perhaps some downloadable wAcrobat file or a .cbr (Comic Book Reader) file (put pics in rar and rename as .cbr instead of .rar)



posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Bravo!!

Next step, the cartoon, then, the Full Length Feature Movie !

An ATS Movie would kick butt.

er..

I hate to ask this But.. now that this awesome comic of yours is in video format.. can we link it on other sites? How about a you tube version?

Anything/way to help spread the word and help advertise our awesome ATS.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by JohnPhoenix]


I agree. Mr. Mask....man, soon you got to quit your job and anything you do because your hands will be full. Excellent work.



posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lewzaphur
perhaps some downloadable wAcrobat file or a .cbr (Comic Book Reader) file (put pics in rar and rename as .cbr instead of .rar)


The comic, each issue, is going to be offered in more then one format.

A basic comic format that gives the traditional comic fans the comic as it would be printed.

And as a video/movie story with some really neat-o bells and whistles that the standard comic will lack.

So...two ways to enjoy the comic, and both offering a very different feel and delivery.

ALSO! LEWZ! WELCOME TO ATS!!!

After sending out the call to arms, it is no surprise that you are the first to show. Great to have you here, I will surly enjoy knowing your mind is available to help my research here. Thanks for coming, I hope you like it here...I personally call it home.

PS- All posts are to be 2 lines. I know, crazy right!? One line zingers are important! No? But naw, 2 lines of text are demanded of each post...thats the one rule I forgot to tell you about. GOOD TO SEE YOU SIR!



posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Bravo!!

Next step, the cartoon, then, the Full Length Feature Movie !

An ATS Movie would kick butt.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by JohnPhoenix]


I FULLY AGREE!!! now teach me how to animate with the limited knowledge I have...please?

Lol...seriously though...would be epic!!!



posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Very cool. Nice job ATS video gurus and Mr. Mask. I'm a dabbling artist, so this peaks my interest. Mr. Mask, did you do the illustrations? What software? Nice work all around and thanks for sharing.



posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinthematrix
Very cool. Nice job ATS video gurus and Mr. Mask. I'm a dabbling artist, so this peaks my interest. Mr. Mask, did you do the illustrations? What software? Nice work all around and thanks for sharing.


Photoshop and magic paint brushes from Shangri-La. A little drawing and a whole lot of digital photos, and of course coloring and building.

I do the art side...ATS is the video...I'm not gunna give away all the magic beans, but you can bet something is coming.

Thank you for looking! Keep in mind this is a beta...there will be much more to the movie style comic then this, but we wanted to see what everyone thought, how it looked ourselves, and also give people a preview of bigger things to come soon.

You can also view the comic in a post format here-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ultimately a duel format, video/audio and standard comic style.

Thank you sir!



posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
but we wanted to see what everyone thought, how it looked ourselves, and also give people a preview of bigger things to come soon.

You can also view the comic in a post format here-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ultimately a duel format, video/audio and standard comic style.

Thank you sir!


I really, REALLY like your work, it's great! I am very impressed.Thank you for putting a BIG smile on my face.

And I like both the video and the standard comic style. The video gives flow, and the music add to the experience of course. But the standard comic style allows me to study the artwork a bit longer and enjoy some details a bit more.

Amazing work, keep it coming!


Best regards,
Sly Dog

(Bet you don't remember Sly Dog, eh? Well, I do!
)



posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lewzaphur
perhaps some downloadable wAcrobat file or a .cbr (Comic Book Reader) file (put pics in rar and rename as .cbr instead of .rar)


The video effort is a forward-looking experiment. While there's good reason the comics industry has been slow to evolve digitally (the hard copies are keepsake collectibles), there needs to be an evolution of sorts as it's very difficult for an aspiring artist (or team) to go from obscurity to publisher.

The point with the digital experiment is to create a delivery method -- that is preserves the original comic aspect ratio/format as much as possible -- that will be adaptable to all digital formats.
- web site
- YouTube
- iPhone/iPad
- Other tablet computers
While also being free and easy to obtain and share... with a means for a modest income for the artist so there is some reward that makes it easier to find time to keep producing.


Way... way... "back in the day" on CompuServe, I was one of the core managers of the Computer Arts Forum, and leader of the Digital Graphic Novels project. We had a few published (small comic publishers) artists and a few aspiring artist/writer teams cranking out some innovative stuff... but at the time, technology was way behind where we wanted to go. Finally, the technology offers us some unique methods to experiment with the format, and maybe, just maybe, get Mr. Mask noticed.


edit on by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Good stuff. Nice drawing work in there as well. Not exactly a surprise ending but I digress. You need a better tin foil hat though, mine was a modified baseball cap with a hand on top making a peace sign, but with the pull of a string would make the index finger come down leaving the middle finger standing up. I wore it to every protest in Washington since 2001. It was lost on my last arrest for trespassing on the capitol building
Rule #1 - don't do anything that will earn you an overnight stay in DC.
Can;t wait for the next edition. Keep up the great work brother!





new topics
top topics
 
35
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join