It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Comic Book Video Beta Test (Mr Mask's Conspiracies)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I really liked it and everything but the only problem I had was that the pages went by too fast. I had to keep pausing the video to prevent it from moving on without me.

Otherwise nice job!!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
i prefer the original way of upload since you can spread it around the web.

if the video can be slower that would be cool.

non the less, great job!

i especially like the hidden symbolism.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think this is fantastic.

It's amusing and witty and really well made.

I'd be willing to show this to people who have never visted this site or have no interest in conspiracies.

I know if I'd have seen that video before actually being a member it would have made me sign up.

Good stuff!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Omg I loved that! Keep em coming mask!

Good luck! I seriously can't believe how well put together that is. SO GOOD AND FUNNY!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is nothing short of pure brilliance! absolutely excellent, I have just sat for 4 minutes completely riveted to the spot watching intently each strip. Complete and utter genius. Well done ATS finally something worth shouting from the rooftops.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I hope future editions will include Jesse Venture as the Bat Boy for justice

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
that was really kind of sweet. enjoyed it all, particularly the innovative art. loved antichrist obama's horns the most though. i like how they emerge out of his forehead, rather than the top of his head.

the main dude looks like the guy from quiet riot's stuff, no?

so i assume there's going to be story/plot at some point, right … not just ats advertisement?

think the speed is good. would much rather be able to pause when i need to, than be forced to wait … and wait.

incredibly professional in appearance.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Mr Mask-
Really great job.

I can tell a lot of time and effort was put into each and every scene.

Truly amazing work.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i will give you a 8/10.... very creative. Are you going to pull out a full hd movie? what would be the morals of the movie....

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Now I know why I put you on my friends list! Brilliant insight into the world we live in, and how we can break free of it
People need to join this site, and open their eyes.

Do you have a separate weblink to your video? If so, I'd link to a few people.

Keep up the good work, and what amazing cartoon style!

(PS - there are a few 'frames' you need to slow down for people to read)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Wonderful job and I'm glad to see its progressing. I look forward to the future editions.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Looks like they the ATS folks took my advice and pursued this comic venture...

One thing I would like is perhaps animated "comic scenes" nothing major, like capes blowing in the wind, or a flag waving, or smoke rising in the distance. But still a snapshot, a scene in each panel, still a comic.

Perhaps even porting it to a FLASH format where folks can easily interactively click to go to new panels, etc and read at their own pace.

A good subtle soundtrack may work well to convey the scenes.

I look forward to the future comics.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Really nicely done, I dont normally like vid-comics but this was an example of how to do it well.

If you can you should make Google and iDevice apps as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Good stuff. Nice drawing work in there as well. Not exactly a surprise ending but I digress.

Thank you very much! I admit, the ending was no shocker, but I wanted to use the first issue as an introduction to the main character and the reason for the comic to exist. So, I can say there will be more attention to content and story flow as the series progresses, unfortunately I am limited by my talent, so I can only do as good as I can.

I'm very lucky right now to have ATS behind me and in my corner backing me up with advice, computer skills years of knowledge that I don't have.

You need a better tin foil hat though, mine was a modified baseball cap with a hand on top making a peace sign, but with the pull of a string would make the index finger come down leaving the middle finger standing up. I wore it to every protest in Washington since 2001. It was lost on my last arrest for trespassing on the capitol building

Your hat sounds epic!!! It is a shame you lost this treasure....somewhere someone has it and they are thinking "look at this artifact of great power that I found".

Sorry, Mask will keep his Tin foil hat though...there were a few shapes and sizes we went for in designing his costume...but I eventually decided the best was the "simplest".

Keep it simple stupid, is the best rule anyone ever taught me.

Rule #1 - don't do anything that will earn you an overnight stay in DC.
Can;t wait for the next edition. Keep up the great work brother!

Lol...I've had to spend a few nights in places I didn't enjoy either...I know what you mean there.

I will keep up the work, and with ATS' help, I hope to make everyone proud to say "that's our comic, and we are proud to see it on ATS".

If not...well, I guess I can make a comic about some guy bit by a spider or something...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian

so i assume there's going to be story/plot at some point, right … not just ats advertisement?

Yes there is a story I want to tell...with an evolution from issue 1-10 being the beginning of the journey, 11-20 being the middle, and 21-30 being the end.

I have a plot arc in mind, and like all "good arcs" the main character will evolve in to a new and utterly different person by the end of his travels.

Will I succeed in delivering this and not jump the shark? Time will only tell.

But really, I'm working with the best team on earth and I can only have great hopes for the project as a whole.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It's good to see this evolving and starting to pick up some steam. As I did in your first thread when I first saw this, I still support it. I still got some questions, like before, will he have a nemisis or sidekick? Will he/you be focusing on anything specific or just each rule gets it's own little chapter? s+f for general effort and focus...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by Lewzaphur
perhaps some downloadable wAcrobat file or a .cbr (Comic Book Reader) file (put pics in rar and rename as .cbr instead of .rar)

The comic, each issue, is going to be offered in more then one format.

A basic comic format that gives the traditional comic fans the comic as it would be printed.

And as a video/movie story with some really neat-o bells and whistles that the standard comic will lack.

So...two ways to enjoy the comic, and both offering a very different feel and delivery.

You need to make him in a flash format also so that she can be clicky clicky to change page when you finish reading him.

Otherwise slow reading persons like badw0lf having to press her pause buttons..

Ahem...

Great work however, you seem to have many talents sir! If I wore a fancy hat, I'd take it off to you!

Can't wait for more!!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by Hadrian

Yes there is a story I want to tell...with an evolution from issue 1-10 being the beginning of the journey, 11-20 being the middle, and 21-30 being the end.

I have a plot arc in mind, and like all "good arcs" the main character will evolve in to a new and utterly different person by the end of his travels.

Will I succeed in delivering this and not jump the shark? Time will only tell.

But really, I'm working with the best team on earth and I can only have great hopes for the project as a whole.

If it starts with a plane crash and a guy opening his eyes and ends with a plane taking off and the same guy closing his eyes, I'll set the leeches onto ya!!!!!!

I Will !!!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

If it starts with a plane crash and a guy opening his eyes and ends with a plane taking off and the same guy closing his eyes, I'll set the leeches onto ya!!!!!!

I Will !!!

HAHAHAHAHAH!

SIR! I promise this much it will not, and to assure you that further, a quick note on myself-

I decided to stop watching all media years ago. It was an experiment. But one I never fully accomplished since two TV shows remained in my life (and a handful of movies). I didn't watch a single thing for years, but I just couldn't give up Dr Who and LOST.

Dr Who was with me since I was born, he saved more days then anyone, and he wouldn't leave me...so I couldn't leave him.

And LOST...when I quit TV, It was near the middle of season two, and I just loved the writing and since it had a foreseeable "end", I needed to know the ending and decided to stick it out and allow myself "this pleasure" until the end. I was a fanboy indeed.

When ever I told someone "I do not watch TV", someone would always chime in with a snarky "yeah, cept for Who and LOST".

ANYWAYS!

Let it be known that that show broke my heart worse then any girlfriend, backstabbing buddy could of. Oh man...what a kick in the....mother fudge.

So I promise, I know your pain...and I sympathize.

The story has a three step progression each step = 10 issues.

As Aristotle said-

A Beginning, a middle, an end. Each with its own purpose and part in the journey.

And the climactic ending will not be an eye closing sir! But I can't promise I'll still have you reading by then...at least LOST fooled us into that...heh.

Hope to not fail you the same.

Tips hat.

PS- To prove just how much I loved the show...heres a song from one of my projects (Project: The Ben Linus Album) soon to never be released in any store.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I see you Linus and a raise it a bowtie.

I never did like LOST. I only saw some of the first season about being bored stupid with flashbacks. I packed it in when the Iraqi guy obviously knew how to torture the Han Solo guy which the nice ex-army Doctor guy organised and oversaw. Serious character flaw stuff there with the writing/establishment stuff.

But since we're having a social here - tell me about comics et al.

How is you favourite writer(s), artist(s) and colourist(s) and why.

What's your favourite comic (Only 1 choice here)?

Favourite stories overall?

Favourite Doctor?

If you answer right there's 3 black vans filled with prizes waiting for you!!!

-m0r

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join