It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverse engineering

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
I for one think that he's telling the truth. And the reasons are many , but one of them has to do with the phenomenon called "speech reversals". They are like freudian slips in a way, and they are messages delivered and picked up by one human being to another in the unconscious realm. They can be detected when played backwards

So because he says things like

"Well now I'm wrenching myself"
"They're warning, a marf"
"My idea it was, Dismantled got, good eye-got in it, War we're certain they have all nukes"
"Scale, built nose therein"
"The air's connected to cloud. Cast your point"
"Cinema, all hours we stayed up"

You think he's telling the truth ?

Are you kidding me ? Are you clutching at straws that much you'll buy this nonsensical crap and actually make sense of the gibberish ?

There is no phenomena called speech reversal it's just idiots trying to make words out of complete and utter gibberish. Shame on you for believing such nonsense.

The funny thing is that his story could be believable without any need for this speech reversal bull# which only serves to harm his cause!

I said it's one of the reasons, which you would have seen had you not had a panic attack like most people do over speech reversals.
You don't think there's anything there? That's fine with me.
Why are you threatened enough about it to make ad hominem comments at those who are interested in it? Do you treat everything you don't understand with such contempt?
Did the owners of ATS along with Robbie Williams go to the Gilliland Ranch where a presentation was given by an idiot?

Back up , buddy. Back way the hell up

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

So having common sense, reasoning and logic is now a panic attack ? I saw you said it's one of the reasons, as you listed only that reason it's the only thing I can question as I'm not a mind reader to know your many other reasons for believing him.

There is nothing to understand about it though as it's just gibberish and the human mind playing tricks to try and associate mumbled noise to actual words. It's the same as people who look at rocks & clouds and various inanimate objects and put faces & creatures to it, all a trick of the mind and a false interpretation. It's more to do with pyschology and brain association than it has to do with secret messages, but I guess the latter sounds more entertaining in this mundane world we live in.

And even if they were indeed messages hidden then why would they make absolutely no sense and have no context "I'm wrenching myself" just what exactly is that meant to mean ?

Is speech reversal done for any other languages and does it work for those languages or is it only English it works for ?

As for telling me to back up, if you don't like seeing counter arguments about things you believe in, then don't post in the first place

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The topic is not speech reversal, it's reverse engineering, so can we please keep on topic?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
So my question is to believers. what makes you think this, what evidence would make you believe we have taken alien technology from a crash site and used it?

Used it? Whoever said anything about using it? I think it's more like the Ark of the covenant in the Raiders of the lost ark. Those things are put away in some secret warehouse to be forgotten forever.

Recovered artifacts are a mistake, an aberration that must be removed from our reality. To not do so would disturb our course of development and cause a disruption of our natural order.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Unknown Origin]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I for one think that he's telling the truth. And the reasons are many , but one of them has to do with the phenomenon called "speech reversals". They are like freudian slips in a way, and they are messages delivered and picked up by one human being to another in the unconscious realm. They can be detected when played backwards

"My idea it was, Dismantled got, good eye-got in it, War we're certain they have all nukes"

Are you kidding me ? Are you clutching at straws that much you'll buy this nonsensical crap and actually make sense of the gibberish ?

There is no phenomena called speech reversal it's just idiots trying to make words out of complete and utter gibberish. Shame on you for believing such nonsense.

The funny thing is that his story could be believable without any need for this speech reversal bull# which only serves to harm his cause!

I must say i agree 100%, thats the worst video i have ever witnessed in my entire life! what nonsense!

Anyhow, as far as reverse engineering goes, dont you think it would be harder to reverse engineer something as appose to coming up with something new? For example, say we went back in time to, say the 11th century, and handed them an iphone, or laptop, you think they would make head nor tails of the thing? I think the reverse engineering thing is a load of crap, as if aliens could and have vistited earth, firstly, after doing all that, you think they'd do something as so stupid as to simply crash? And even if they did, how the hell would we make sense of their technology anyways?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I for one think that he's telling the truth. And the reasons are many , but one of them has to do with the phenomenon called "speech reversals". They are like freudian slips in a way, and they are messages delivered and picked up by one human being to another in the unconscious realm. They can be detected when played backwards.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wow very impressive thread and thanks for the info!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by dragonsmusic

So having common sense, reasoning and logic is now a panic attack ? I saw you said it's one of the reasons, as you listed only that reason it's the only thing I can question as I'm not a mind reader to know your many other reasons for believing him.

There is nothing to understand about it though as it's just gibberish and the human mind playing tricks to try and associate mumbled noise to actual words. It's the same as people who look at rocks & clouds and various inanimate objects and put faces & creatures to it, all a trick of the mind and a false interpretation. It's more to do with pyschology and brain association than it has to do with secret messages, but I guess the latter sounds more entertaining in this mundane world we live in.

And even if they were indeed messages hidden then why would they make absolutely no sense and have no context "I'm wrenching myself" just what exactly is that meant to mean ?

Is speech reversal done for any other languages and does it work for those languages or is it only English it works for ?

As for telling me to back up, if you don't like seeing counter arguments about things you believe in, then don't post in the first place

No, calling people idiots and telling me to be ashamed were the symptoms of your panic attack.
If it's nonsense why be insulting when asking me for answers? That's the reverse of logic.
Like ArMap said, it's not about that.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarktower

I must say i agree 100%, thats the worst video i have ever witnessed in my entire life! what nonsense!

Anyhow, as far as reverse engineering goes, dont you think it would be harder to reverse engineer something as appose to coming up with something new? For example, say we went back in time to, say the 11th century, and handed them an iphone, or laptop, you think they would make head nor tails of the thing? I think the reverse engineering thing is a load of crap, as if aliens could and have vistited earth, firstly, after doing all that, you think they'd do something as so stupid as to simply crash? And even if they did, how the hell would we make sense of their technology anyways?

According to what you have said then everything is a load of crap; all the things you have mentioned. I'm not sure I see the point in negating those topics without a constructive addition in terms of being rightly fair.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

I for one think that he's telling the truth. And the reasons are many , but one of them has to do with the phenomenon called "speech reversals". They are like freudian slips in a way, and they are messages delivered and picked up by one human being to another in the unconscious realm. They can be detected when played backwards.

I think it's so incredible you were able to use your own words to make your point. This is perhaps the most original post I have ever seen on ATS and it means so much more because it comes from you and you alone. Your own ideas are what make it special to me.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Well it's hard to point to one specific thing as being alien technology, but when you look at the scientific advancements made over the last 50 years compared to the last 4000 years... I would say something is feeding us new ideas.

There is no need to invoke aliens to explain modern technology.

Why would you think otherwise?

Show me why you believe this!

The lights, stove and everything else that 'lights up' and takes electricity: Thank James Maxwell (1800s) for that.

The planes, rockets, trains, cars, boats, etc our society relies on? You can thank these guys for the slow development of the combustion engine:

1206: Al-Jazari described a double-acting reciprocating piston pump with a crank-connecting rod mechanism.[1]
13th century: The rocket engine, an internal-combustion engine, is used by the Chinese, Mongols and Arabs.[2]
1509: Leonardo da Vinci described a compressionless engine.
17th century: inventor Christiaan Huygens used gunpowder to drive water pumps, to supply 3000 cubic meters of water/day for the Versailles palace gardens, essentially creating the first rudimentary internal combustion piston engine.
1780's: Alessandro Volta built a toy electric pistol[3] in which an electric spark exploded a mixture of air and hydrogen, firing a cork from the end of the gun.
1791: John Barber receives British patent #1833 for A Method for Rising Inflammable Air for the Purposes of Producing Motion and Facilitating Metallurgical Operations. In it he describes a turbine.
1794: Robert Street built a compressionless engine whose principle of operation would dominate for nearly a century.
1798: Tippu Sultan, the ruler of the city-state of Mysore in India, uses the first iron rockets against the British Army.
1807: Swiss engineer François Isaac de Rivaz built an internal combustion engine powered by a hydrogen and oxygen mixture.[4]
1823: Samuel Brown patented the first internal combustion engine to be applied industrially. It was compressionless and based on what Hardenberg calls the "Leonardo cycle," which, as the name implies, was already out of date at that time.
1824: French physicist Sadi Carnot established the thermodynamic theory of idealized heat engines. This scientifically established the need for compression to increase the difference between the upper and lower working temperatures.
1826 April 1: American Samuel Morey received a patent for a compressionless "Gas or Vapor Engine."
1838: a patent was granted to William Barnet (English). This was the first recorded suggestion of in-cylinder compression.
1854-57: Eugenio Barsanti & Felice Matteucci invented an engine that was rumored to be the first 4-cycle engine, but the patent was lost.
wiki

You can add Newton to this list as far as developing a new understanding of forces and the math (equations) to derive the changes of these forces through space & time.

Now I could continue to show the same is true for everything from advanced metallurgy to the tiniest transistor....

However I will stop short and use one word that has nothing to do with aliens to describe why things are the way they are: Exponential_growth

-SJ76

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedarktower

I always think this is a strange argument against alien visitation.

I mean we have apparently been to the moon, but how many failures have we had? So to say that just because someone/thing is able to travel x distance that there is no way they would then crash isn't really that much of a good argument (IMO).

What if travelling to the nearest inhabited planet (Earth) pushed a space faring race to their absolute maximum abilities... surely they could then get here and something go wrong?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
what evidence would make you believe we have taken alien technology from a crash site and used it?
I think Lazar is supposed to have some stable element 115 stashed away somewhere, but it's just a tall tale as far as I'm concerned.

As far as we know element 115 would be unstable in any isotope.

But Lazar's claim that a stable isotope of element 115 was used in the propulsion of ships he reverse engineered might be convincing if he was able to produce the stable version of element 115 that he supposedly has. Ain't gonna happen though because he hasn't got it.

Basically there's no evidence of reverse engineering alien technology, every claim I've heard is nonsense and can be explained fine by earthly means.

But it's fun to speculate about reverse engineering alien technology, and to that end, here's the first part of a 2 hour Episode of UFO files that does just that:

UFO Files - Alien Engineering Pt1-1

Prepare for an exercise in imagination. Suppose that an alien spacecraft crashed in the desert and we humans recovered it. What could we learn from its engineers? Using data gleaned from years of UFO sightings, we recreate a typical ship using cutting-edge animation, discover why aliens choose the craft shapes they do, learn how they overcome the effects of Earth's atmosphere, defy gravity, cancel inertia, and travel faster than the speed of light! Our experts--reverse engineers---show us what's "under the hood" of alien craft.

You can easily find the links to the remaining parts on Youtube. They do have some smart experts like Michio Kaku consulting on the reverse engineering.

Originally posted by ArMaP
3 - People don't understand that reverse engineering is just as difficult (or even more) than creating things from scratch.
If you gave a modern CPU to someone in 1950 and asked them to reverse engineer it, I don't think they could, at least not for many years or even decades, so I think you're right, reverse engineering could be very hard.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
If you gave a modern CPU to someone in 1950 and asked them to reverse engineer it, I don't think they could, at least not for many years or even decades, so I think you're right, reverse engineering could be very hard.
Yes. If you gave them a modern CPU in the 1950's, they very well might say, 'Oh, this must be the aliens power source.'. They might labor for quite a while under that misconception before moving on to an equally absurd one.

Even if they knew what it's purpose was to begin with, they would not be able to recreate it or it's various components, as those pieces of equipment and processes had not been invented yet to allow the production of printed circuits, microelectronics and the like.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

To me it appears he's being extremely honest there, for a lying fraud that is.

Shame on you for believing such nonsense.

I vote for this sentence to replace "Deny Ignorance" as the ATS motto!

According to what you have said then everything is a load of crap; all the things you have mentioned.

And I find this typical of the average "true believer" around here that grasps at such straws of illogic as what is quoted above.

I dismiss you with not even a casual wave of the hand, sir. And please try to use your brain in the future.

Harte

[edit on 8/5/2010 by Harte]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Yes. If you gave them a modern CPU in the 1950's, they very well might say, 'Oh, this must be the aliens power source.'. They might labor for quite a while under that misconception before moving on to an equally absurd one.

Even if they knew what it's purpose was to begin with, they would not be able to recreate it or it's various components, as those pieces of equipment and processes had not been invented yet to allow the production of printed circuits, microelectronics and the like.
[edit on 5-8-2010 by butcherguy]

That's unlikely. In the 1950's they had excellent optical and electron microscopes and they could have figured out the basic materials of the chip.

In the 1950's people could have looked at a modern CPU and recognized it as an extremely complicated electronic circuit, and probably computational device. Going by the connectors you can tell it's for electricity.

What they wouldn't have is any ability to manufacture one, and it would be hard to imagine the manufacturing process.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think we're not that far away from 'their' basic tech level... We're just missing a few pieces and have a coupleof pieces backwards at the moment. I think it's more like taking a jet and giving it to scientists of the mid to late 1800s. They would be able to deduce quite a bit, and with more research into physics, would be able to figure out most of the rest.

I really think 'we're' close. To me, it's not all that far fetched that we could be reverse engineering recovered craft. And I suspect many of those craft don't come from other planets/star systems, but perhaps other timelines and other dimensional 'planes' of existence. Gotta go back to Faraday and Maxwell. I think many of the answers are hidden there. Well, that's my 2 pennies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join