It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverse engineering

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Although ATS has opened my eyes about the UFO phenomenon, and I considerer myself a UFO buff except on reverse engineering. I don't know much about the reverse engineering theory. So my question is to believers. what makes you think this, what evidence would make you believe we have taken alien technology from a crash site and used it? I would like to believe in it but know nothing about it and have no evidence to believe in it therefore I can't. As I like to fight ignorance
please educate me on reverse engineering, as comments are made I will always reply and maybe ask more questions and propose new theories.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If there was public evidence of reverse engineering alien crafts, wouldnt it be kind of hard to keep denying aliens exist?

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Normally I would say you were right, but after project disclosure, all that evidence and the public was completely unaffected by it. NO. I think if there were public evidence it wouldn't change anything because there is public evidence of UFO's and the public doesn't care

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well it's hard to point to one specific thing as being alien technology, but when you look at the scientific advancements made over the last 50 years compared to the last 4000 years... I would say something is feeding us new ideas.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i am not a firm believer of aliens nor a firm sceptic, but perhaps all the technological advances we see in computers and the military are just done by very clever humans, and have nothing to do with aliens or their technology at all.

It does seem some people will think that if we somehow build pyramids 5000 years ago, it couldn't be stupid humans, it had to be aliens, or if we fly aircraft which are perhaps classifyed, and therefor not known to the general public, again, us stupid humans couldn't have built them, it has to be aliens.

Then again, perhaps we are stupid and it really is aliens doing all the hard work for us!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
the aliens gave us the ps3, the two seater bicycle, and the extra large toaster for six pieces of bread

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Interesting I don't really have a comment for that

I have nothing to say so good comment!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Perhaps the X box 60 too!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thedarktower

Yes I think we as humans underestimate ourselves but does it seem normal to you that we went from horse and buggy to going to the moon in a few decades?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Dont forget VELCRO !!!! Theyre greatest gift to humankind !

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I think the aliens came here and saw our horse and buggy and thought "What a primitive race,we should give them cars" and POOF! we had cars. Then we just jumped aboard their ship and flew to the moon as our next step. Too bad we caught up with the aliens and they have nothing new to share, I guess we will have to figure out thing for ourselves from now on.

The idea of reverse engineering is an insult to the true scientists who have spent their lives learning and teaching what they discovered to us.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I always liked this analogy:

Humans reverse engineering a crashed ufo would be like giving a broken transistor radio to a neanderthal, and expecting him to build you a new one that works.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I too like that analogy!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

I can see your point, we as humans do have a tendency to underestimate our ingenuity.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

pshhhhhhhh more like duck tape!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think that the main reasons that make some people think that we need outside help to make some of the things we make are:

1 - People see events as isolated, when in fact things happen in sequence. We didn't went directly from horse and buggy to car, we first made motors (both external and internal combustion) and then they were applied, naturally, to the vehicles that already existed, replacing only the power source.

2 - People think that all other people know as much as they do.

3 - People don't understand that reverse engineering is just as difficult (or even more) than creating things from scratch.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Op, check out John Kelley and the ATS guys at the Gilliland ranch and the presentation that Kelley gave them and others about reverse speech.

I know you are not asking about reverse speech, so hang on before you dismiss my post.

Much of what there is to be known about reverse engineering comes from Bob Lazar. Lazar is often dismissed on this site, as many others are, as being a hoax.
I for one think that he's telling the truth. And the reasons are many , but one of them has to do with the phenomenon called "speech reversals". They are like freudian slips in a way, and they are messages delivered and picked up by one human being to another in the unconscious realm. They can be detected when played backwards.
I now present to you Bob Lazar, in reverse, talking about , you guessed it, reverse engineering alien technology. Did I mention it's reverse in reverse?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
please educate me on reverse engineering, as comments are made I will always reply and maybe ask more questions and propose new theories.

Here is an interesting read.

I hope it helps

Definitive Back Engineered Alien Technology Research thread

[edit on 4-8-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by thedarktower

Yes I think we as humans underestimate ourselves but does it seem normal to you that we went from horse and buggy to going to the moon in a few decades?

when you seriously think of the technology that sent us to the moon: big huge rockets full of highly flamable liquid, and point it at the big thing in the sky, its not impossible. Ofcourse its slightly harder than i made out, but not impossible, not by a long shot. There were a few inventions that did take us leaps and bounds from horse and cart. The combustion engine, not to hard to grasp the basic of it when you look at it. Electricity, ok, a bit trick but we soon learned, probably alot a shocks and deaths helped with that learning.

But the main advances happen during the world wars, as all the money, scientist and resources were poured into thinking up new way to kill the other guy, thats were the real technological break throughs took place

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
I for one think that he's telling the truth. And the reasons are many , but one of them has to do with the phenomenon called "speech reversals". They are like freudian slips in a way, and they are messages delivered and picked up by one human being to another in the unconscious realm. They can be detected when played backwards

So because he says things like

"Well now I'm wrenching myself"
"They're warning, a marf"
"My idea it was, Dismantled got, good eye-got in it, War we're certain they have all nukes"
"Scale, built nose therein"
"The air's connected to cloud. Cast your point"
"Cinema, all hours we stayed up"

You think he's telling the truth ?

Are you kidding me ? Are you clutching at straws that much you'll buy this nonsensical crap and actually make sense of the gibberish ?

There is no phenomena called speech reversal it's just idiots trying to make words out of complete and utter gibberish. Shame on you for believing such nonsense.

The funny thing is that his story could be believable without any need for this speech reversal bull# which only serves to harm his cause!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join