It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

future crime can be predicted with '100 per cent' accuracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Notice how it said they can predict the future actions of FAKE terorists 100 hundred percents....
Is THAT as SCARY as it sounds or what?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

And so Andy, the ideal opportunity for you to supply some evidence to support your allegations.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I think people are being a bit naïve if they are shocked or surprised at the proliferation of this kind of technological advancement.

Scientific discoveries and inventions will continue to advance at an exponential rate, and it doesn't take a genius to work out that many governments and powerful people will use it for nefarious purposes.

You only have to look through history to see scientific discoveries exploited for unpleasant purposes, such as nuclear weapons.

I don't want to live in technological police state, but it's highly likely such an occurrence will happen eventually, due to the seemingly unstoppable tide of discoveries and inventions.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
How many students were involved in this operation?

100 per cent?

What scientist worth their salt ever uses that figure? I can say with 100% accuracy that the answer to that is 0%

This 100% obviously means that 100% of their budget will remain next year, as I'm sure was the plan.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The Looking Glass
And
The Future Cube
They will be mines....
No doubt about it,

I have been thinking about it for the past week or 2;
Did you see me in the machines?

Mock terrorist plans?
This article just told me that you have the technology;
And coming back in time to tell me has perpetuated my destiny to obtain this technology....

[edit on 4-8-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This is simply such ridiculously bad 'science' I must post another reply.

Fake terrorist? What is that exactly?

A volunteer, who for the study was asked to think of murder, blowing $@&t up and how much they hate Mc Donalds and Hannah Montana. So of course they could predict with the mighty 100% their intention given the fact that they set up the experiment.

Also a real terrorist isn't going to be thinking about the crime they committed or were planning, they would very easily train themselves to think of happy things like flowers and children playing, and modestly dressed women.

Even if the experiment was set up so that volunteers picked their roles out of a hat like a murder mystery game, and the 'scientists' did not know who was the terrorist, the same method I mentioned above could be applied.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join