It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Calls for Execution of Wikileaks Whistleblower

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I also wanted to note the absurdity of certain media outlets coming out in full force against this guy saying he put people's lives at risk while they essentially aid and abet him. How many of them have written articles or gone on air to discuss what kind of information can be found in the documents?

Also, Fox News seems to have no problem using the information to their own end and I'm sure other news outlets wouldn't either:

Wikileaks Documents Reveal Iran's Role in War: VIDEO

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
What is this 1865? I understand that what Bradley Manning allegedly did was illegal, but should he be put to death if found guilty? The answer to that is NO. If anything he should be given a medal and a hero's welcome home for helping people to realize what is really going on in Afghanistan and Iraq.

This congressman is way out of line and should get in some sort of trouble. There is absolutely no excuse for what he said. I hope he is never able to hold public office again.

No, she is absolutely correct. What Manning did was an act of treason, which according to our laws in the US is punishable by death.

No, Manning is not a hero. He knowingly released documents, which put his fellow American soldiers into jeopardy. He is a traitor within the up-most sense of the word.

You have to put your emotional bias aside, and understand the laws we have in place. I agree with those laws. Manny must pay for betraying his country.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Maybe what he did was right, maybe it wasnt, Im not here to judge, I just know it could have put a lot of military people at risk and thats treasonous activity......

[edit on 3-8-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

There are no more rules anymore.

All is fair in Love and War!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This guy was not just a whistle blower releasing a single that perhaps should have been released which could have exposed an illegal act. He released thousands of documents without discriminating over whose lives might be lost. He apparently released everything he could get his hands on. Whether or not you like this government, there are true patriots out there fighting and getting killed for their country, right or wrong. If you don't like the direction the country is going, get active legally. Do not try to destroy it by destroying the very military who we often ask to defend it. He will be charged with releasing the documents. That is clear. The helicopter video was not complete. It was a clip taken out of context. This was not an indiscriminate shooting. The gunner had to ask several times from permission from his supervisors to fire. He did not make the decision himself. We do not know what information they had on the "civilians". No one wears uniforms in this ordeal except the good guys. If he released those documents, and I am sure he will be charged with that, then he committed "high treason" and should suffer the punishment. This was not a lark. This was the intentional act of putting soldiers in harm's way.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Nite_wing]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

I am very familiar with the terms of treason, but executing, or even calling for the execution of a kid without knowing full-well what is on the documents he leaked is as ignorant as it gets.

Don't lecture us on putting soldiers in harms way, been there, done that. The problem is that not knowing exactly what was leaked is not grounds to charge and execute a man for treason.

Spin it any way you would like, but without absolute proof nothing may proceed legally.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
While I believe the death penalty is ridiculous for this case, no matter if you like it or not, there are things that need to be kept secret to save lives of our troops. That is the bottom line, no matter what. Our government cannot make our troop movements or stratgies public because it risks lives. Of course, no one here understands that because that would not allow you to bash on our military. Give me a break.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Whistleblowing is the most vital tool of the people when it comes to the government. I support any document, in any government branch or corporation, to be released. It provides accountability and a light of truth in the ocean of PR, lies, and misinformation.

That said, any Whistleblowers that are caught must be held responsible for what is a crime, even if it is a just one.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If anyone has the balls to tell that congress man `Mike Rogers` what you think then here you go. This is still some what a free country after all right? www.mikerogers.house.gov...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
reply to post by Nite_wing

I am very familiar with the terms of treason, but executing, or even calling for the execution of a kid without knowing full-well what is on the documents he leaked is as ignorant as it gets.

Don't lecture us on putting soldiers in harms way, been there, done that. The problem is that not knowing exactly what was leaked is not grounds to charge and execute a man for treason.

Spin it any way you would like, but without absolute proof nothing may proceed legally.

You made some very uninformed errors, so let me bring some things up for debate.

(1) He is 22 years of age. Within the context of our society, you are considered an adult at the age of 18. No, he is not just a kid.

(2) We know what is in those documents. Let me be clear... We know for a 100% fact what is in those documents. If he released these documents without reading them, Manny still needs to be held responsible for his negligence.

(3) No, there is no spin to this story. Manny committed an act of treason, and he must pay for his actions at the full extent of the law.

Regardless about what the conspiracy world or the public gains from those documents, Manny put his fellow Americans into harms way. We must hold people responsible for their actions, so that others like him will know the consequences from committing such acts of treason.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Reply to post by WolfofWar

Yea, you believe they should be released until your kid or family member gets killed by insurgants because troop movements and stratagies were released. You people are so divorced from reality its sad. Get over your need for to believe everything is a conspiracy and join the real world.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
DEATH PENALTY???????

No, this can't be true. You are kidding, right??!!

I mean... sure for what he has done there will be some sort of penalty and has to be, I agree somehow.

BUT wait a minute. Will we - the people - let it happen that a man is executed when the thing he was done NEVER EVER should have a penalty this hard and ojn the other hand shows where the real criminals are??

We must stop this if it happens, no matter what. We can't let such a brave guy die, even if the law says that he should be punished. I'd say... 5 years in prison would be really enough for that.

If they plan to punish him more than that then this is simply INACCEPABLE!!!!! We aren't living in the Middle Age any more. WAKE UP!!

If it happens will we all here stand together? Start a petition? Whatever?? WE MUST!!!

Pls... this just can't be!!

Thank you all.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

another article from cnn on manning evidently he had gotten in trouble in the past

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mrMasterJoe

Since you are from Germany (another country), I can understand your possible culture shock. However, does not Germany 'historically' have certain laws, which citizens from other countries consider barbaric? If I remember my history correctly, anyone who is caught out in public drunk use to be executed.

I will present this to you for consumption and consideration. When I see someone from another country telling US citizens they are barbaric, I would ask you to look at your own countries' history before posting.

Germany and other countries like it will gain greatly from people like Manny. While keeping within ATS conspiracy logic, many of those countries are dying to see our 'UFO' documents. Why? Because they will reveal our national security capability, and then they can find ways to overcome our defenses.

Do you think I am kidding?
Cyprus official: US will get Russian spy's laptop

U.S. arrests 10 for allegedly spying for Russia

What do you think all that spy stuff is about? Even though our countries agree on the surface to not go to war, beneath the layers of 'we come in peace' many of them still want to destroy everyone. It will never-ever change.

Manny must be held responsible for his actions. Since he committed an act of treason, the consequences for his action must be upheld. Death penalty.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a lot of you are really Hypocritical and don't see the full picture.

you have to understand first that Corporations have access to all high level secured so call documents. It's these same Corporations that trade secrets and work for other organizations. Why is that? Well obviously money. There deeply involved in everything now.

All this call for his death is load BS. The Same people that are saying this are the same people that have agreed to send 1000's to there death. Congress and GOV are a joke now playing to some other pipers tune.

Wiki Leaks will reveal even more in the future.

All Obama can do is lie. His newest one that these Whistleblowers aren't releasing anything new. uh huh that's why it's causing such an uproar around the world because it's not new.

Law....you constantly follow every law they create your like a puppet tooo.

Wiki Leaks has done a blow up cover on internet spying as well as many others. It's all coming to light and those who are guilty can only try and use force and threats to stop it. But I am afraid it's all to late now.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Technically what this guy did was in fact treason if you look at the definition. However if this man gets the death sentence which is the most harsh sentence available then I think they should go through these leaked documents and charge war crimes against those implicated in these documents.

If your gunna go then go all the way.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
Reply to post by WolfofWar

Yea, you believe they should be released until your kid or family member gets killed by insurgants because troop movements and stratagies were released. You people are so divorced from reality its sad. Get over your need for to believe everything is a conspiracy and join the real world.

Heh. You don't even know me, I'm one of the "people" on here that is constantly fighting against superstition and conspiracy theories without merit. I'm not a CTer, I'm in the real world. Whistleblowing is an important part of our system. It helps keep the government in check, by giving the people who feel there is a hidden injustice a chance to reveal it. Important whistleblows in the country:

-Coleen Rowley, the FBI agent who revealed that the government had knowledge leading up to 9/11 but were far too slow to act in order to properly secure the safety of 3,000 people.

-W Mark Felt, Deep Throat, leaked confidential information from the executive branch that lead to an investigation into Nixon's illegal actions of campaign sabotage and espionage on US citizens.

-Katharine Gun, former British intelligence officer who shed light on illegal activities between the UK and US of falsifying intelligence to lead into the War in Iraq

-Mark Klein, former communications technician blew the whistle on the NSA's unconstitutional operations with AT&T that involved listening posts in domestic only telecommunications systems.

-Robert Maclean, US Federal Marshal who blew the whistle on the agencies secret removal of marshalls on long distance flights for a two month period to save money, endangering the lives of all those on board.

That's just to name a few. They keep the government and major corporations in check. They hold them accountable. That's all. It's a necessary evil.

As for soldiers dying because of information. Well the truth is gained at great loss, but here's a fact. Soldiers are dead the moment they enter the service. They are taught that they are already dead, walking corpses that can perish at any moment, and must fight to reclaim their lives. They knew what they were getting into when they join, if they didn't, they never should have joined.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItIsMe
You have to understand first that Corporations have access to all high level secured so call documents. It's these same Corporations that trade secrets and work for other organizations. Why is that? Well obviously money. There deeply involved in everything now.

Observations about your post.

(1) Corporations are responsible for Manny's actions, how?
(2) Sine one person was able to break the law, another person should be able to break the law? So, no one should be held responsible for breaking the law? How do we as a society exist without enforcing laws? Sounds like anarchy.

Ever hear of, "Lead by example"?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Heh. You don't even know me, I'm one of the "people" on here that is constantly fighting against superstition and conspiracy theories without merit. I'm not a CTer, I'm in the real world. Whistleblowing is an important part of our system.

I can see the benefits of 'light' whistleblowing, but Manny released 91,000 national security documents and videos. I don't call that 'light' whistleblowing. I call that an act of treason.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Many of them shed light into lies and distortions of the actual situation, including war crimes and multiple cases of civilian casualties.

I'd say that's beneficial.

It's still treason, and should be punished as such. But I still am completely for whistleblowing.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
reply to post by Section31

Many of them shed light into lies and distortions of the actual situation, including war crimes and multiple cases of civilian casualties.

Challenge: Name 'one bloody war' in which no civilian casualties had occurred?

World War I?
World War II?
Vietnam War?
Civil War?
Revolutionary War?

I think you are misunderstanding what happens during a war. Unfortunately, civilians casualties are inevitably going to occur.

What do you suggest? If World War III were to occur tomorrow morning, should we surrender in order to save innocent civilians? Do we concede our wars and hand over our country to communist or terrorist factions, so that we can save innocent civilians from certain death?

"If you try to save everyone, you end up getting everyone killed."

What do you suggest?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join