It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woah! Did I just see the entire sea floor lift up?!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Good post Boom!! The sea floor has leaks around the well head, BP admitted to that much.

IMO That is why they did the top kill- to see if the shaft casings near the well head were leaking or if the shaft casing was leaking from further down.

A release of gas would rise, not swirl like- another Bot is nearby lifting off with full thrust in order to pull that YELLOW dispersant hose (that you see going slowly by at the end of the video), which might be over a mile long if it is coming from a ship.

The alarm he was talking about was probably a sensor in the (detachable) wrist- hence the attempt to push it back on (we don't know what that Bot was doing prior to that video)

There is video of when they tried to pull a pin plug out, and the Bot's claw and wrist were left sitting on the panel, still attached to the pin. They slammed the Bot arm down hard to reattach it. HAHA

Utube: BP robot blunders or something like that

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
wow great video thanks for sharing it.. i donnu what to make of it either

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
If the camera is moving why does the robotic arm stay where it is!

Why does the sea floor actaully go above the hand of the robotic arm?

I am on the exact page as this poster. How can it be the ROV if the arm looks like it's perfectly still?

Even if you say it is the ROV then, how come when it goes upward (and presumably not the ocean floor) it didn't shake, move or budge on it's way back downward?
What goes up ...comes down and meets with some kind of inertia affect. Even a feather!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
i really think we are watching a optical illusion! Cant imagine ground would fall so fast underwater

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
on the other hand, it does seem that the arm is stable and sand rises overt the arm and fall afterward. So, are we seeing sand blowed up from the rover, or did the ground rise. But i wonder, if the ground did rise, wouldn't the Rov be blown away, at least a bit???

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
update movie:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter.be

thinking about it maybe it was hydrogen under there and the robot arm ignited it when it sunk into the seabed?? that would cause the effect of a blast and the floor to sink down

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curious and Concerned
When I first saw this, I couldn't get audio, which turned out to be a good thing

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac92d210ab99.jpg[/atsimg]

maybe the optical illusion of the whole seabed floor rising up was do to not the camera or rov's intentional movements, but rather the rov tilted forward do to a whale tring to mate with it?

of course this "theory" could be totally wrong....

ats is fun,
et

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unst0ppable0ne
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Of course I payed attention to the ALT, I think I was the first person to even mention it.

The ALT changed exactly when the ground "moved", this means the ROV moved, not the ground.

The ALT started at 10, and when the ground "moved down", the ALT changed to 0.5. This means the ROV moved closer to the ground, and it probably caused the ROV and it's mounted camera to point up because the arm was touching the ground. Do you understand that?

--
The ATL changes from 10 to 0.5 when the ground moved down. IF the ground actually moved down, then the ALT should have gone from 10 to 19.5.

The ROV moved! Not the ground!

People these days. You lack logical thought! Go to school!

um i watch the video, and the alt stays at 10 until the floor drops.
www.youtube.com...
action starts just after 1:00

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Because the arm is connected to the camera.. ..jeeesh.. look up a pic of the rover BEFORE you decide to talk!!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thumper76
so the Ocean just farted?

Exactly what I was thinking! So what? These methane bubbles may be quite normal. In no way does it mean impending doom even if it is true. In other words, whats the big frigging deal?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
im my opinion the ROV is re orientating its self on the sea floor, not the sea floor moving. I had t watch it a few times and would much rather believe the latter idea because of the mystery implied however, it much more likely and understandable to assume its the ROVs movement. The dust clouds are obviously caused by rov thrusters, and my evidence for this is when the ROV moves down a bit bringing the sea floor closer the dust could is less than when the rov moves up and the sea floor appears to be going down. The reason the dust cloud is less at the beginning is because the thrusters would be pointing up to move the rov down, and there is no silt above the rov only water thus less silt distrubance and when the ROV move up away from the bottom the thrusters are pointing down and therefore blowing up the silt they are pointing at.

neat vid though,

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

How long is this cap going to last. You would have thought they would have sprung for stainless steel components. Look at the amount of rust that has already accumulated. Picture from sky news news.sky.com... 676765?lpos=Business_Top_Stories_Header_1&lid=ARTICLE_15676765_BP_Oil_Spill%3A_US_President_Barack_Obama_Says_Gulf_Of_Mexico_Battle_Finally_Coming_To_ An_End_

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Looks like the whole Earth moved. Look at the ROV's heading at the top-center of the video.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
is the camera attached to the robotic arm that is piercing the sea floor? if so then it seems that the camera is merely aiming lower and then raising back up. either the camera is moving or the entire machine is moving and the camera is attached to that machine. or the sea floor moved. i don't know.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
Looks more like the ROV is tilting down and back up.

I agree. The arms of the ROV are our only reference point and since they don't seem to move at all it looks like the ocean floor just took a deep breath, but more likely the rov arms and camera are both attached to the moving part. Since the camera and arms are moving in unison, the arms appear to remain stationary.

Edit to say: I watched the video a couple more times and am certain this is what's going on. I don't know who the guy in the video is...but he is either extremely gullible or intentionally obfuscating this video to fool people.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Threadfall]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I re-watched it..and I notice the arm didn't bend or move when the sea floor dropped.Which is what you would expect if it was the rov moving up and down.

But then this could be one of those cases where the simple answer is the best.But you never know nowadays.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxiTzYoMasterxX
I re-watched it..and I notice the arm didn't bend or move when the sea floor dropped.Which is what you would expect if it was the rov moving up and down.

But then this could be one of those cases where the simple answer is the best.But you never know nowadays.

It starts at the 1:27 mark. Don't watch the arm, watch in the distant you'll see the plume start an build.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I discussed this with a highly analytical friend. He convinced me it's the seafloor. This ROV weighs over 4 tons. It's resting on the seafloor. You can see the camera panning up and down initially, and the arm moves in relation to it. When the sea floor rises, you don't anything else move, also the ground bulges around the arm that is piercing the floor. This is for real, guys. The oil and methane are seeping through a leak far under the surface, and it could go BOOOOOOOOMMM at any moment.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Geez. I've watched this video about a dozen times and after each viewing it becomes more and more obvious that the phenomena is caused by movement of the rov. People, please look at the video as much as you need to...but the sea floor DID NOT move. Don't believe me? I'll ask the question many here have already asked in case anyone missed it: where's the damn tsunami?!?!?!?!?!!??

(my first double barf thread), S&F for that!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join