It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woah! Did I just see the entire sea floor lift up?!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by crazy daisy

I know, it seems like the know it alls are name calling today, instead of giving intelligent commentary which would enlighten us all, and make them look smart at the same time, they belittle, which does nothing but cause dissension and make them look dumb.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
To me,it's pretty obvious that the ROV moved.

It's amazing how people react when they view something they know nothing about,and they present it out of context on top of that.

Silly.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wow I really don't know do people just buy into sensational audio without watching? Looks to me like the torque from the rover drilling or whatever is making the rover squat like a muscle car does when it does a burn out. If the sea floor lifted like that I'm sure we would feel it although I'm not a siesmologist but common sense says according to that video and the commentator were looking at like a several foot rise then fall. I just don't buy it, how did this get a gazzillion stars and flags? Certainly no offence ment to the op, just wondering if people are not even looking at the content?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is a joke right? Another one of those threads to help us see who to disregard in the other, real threads?

Think about it for a second. If the seabed dropped like that it would take the water above it (and the rover) with it.

Here is a little thought experiment for those that don't get it:

Put a waterproof video camera floating at the bottom of a large swimming pool or fish tank. Raise the pool/fish tank up and down. What would the camera show? Would the camera stay stationary (relative to the earth) or move with the water? If it moves with the water what would the camera actually show? Think about it.

This reminds me of the recent thread where people were trying to figure out how a phone camera took a picture of itself without mirrors. That thread served as a good way to distinguish those who understand basic physics and those who don't.

No wonder so many people believe buildings can collapse on their own footprint from fire.

Edit: for clarity.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by TattarrattaT]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unst0ppable0ne

Well did you even pay attention to the ALT numbers they stay at 10 until the floor goes down at 1:48 in the video it quits measuring as if it took a good jolt. If you go 1 frame at a time you will see it happen. So sorry you did not debunk anything. Watch it and you will see it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TattarrattaT

You do know that not all underwater events will cause large displacements of water. How many quakes happen in the ocean that we do not hear about? If this was a large area that was doing this I would then expect some water displacement. This seems to be isolated and not very large at least it looks that way in the video. The area around the ROV did get disturbed but it was not enough to be noticed on the surface. Look at the video in a frame by frame mode and you will notice that in front of the ROV you can see what looks to be sediment rolling towards the ROV right before the floor raises and falls. It also looks as though the sea floor was doing a rise and fall without breaching the sea floor.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
What's more likely: the "entire" sea floor rises in just a few seconds, or that the rover moves downward, closer to the floor, with the arm and camera attached?

.........wow.........some people just have to see conspiracies and unexplainable phenomena.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Besides the commentary it seems real to me like many have said the machines dont move. and look at the arm ...The base doesnt shift!!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zedd31415

I don't remember anyone saying the whole floor was moving. From what is shown a small area was affected. As for the rover moving you may have noticed the arm of it was still on the bottom until after the floor movement. Almost as if it was bracing itself for something.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by janon
Looks more like the ROV is tilting down and back up.

Yea but the robotic arm that extended and grounded into the ground didnt move and you can see the floor move above the location where the robotic hand is

And the rov moved secondary to look like it was just rov movements lol @ them almost losing the rov...

smh if they surface now

[edit on 8/3/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

The arm didn't necessarily ground. It may have just moved downward and not touched the ground at all. After all, the video is 2-D not 3-D so we don't even know how close the arm was to the ground.

To me it really looked like the entire ROV (arm, camera, etc) moved all at once, as one unit. The arm and other pieces would appear stationary to the camera while the surroundings (sea floor) would appear to move. Then there's even a dust cloud when the ROV settles.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If you have ever slept or owned a full motion waterbed then you will know what I am going to say. In a full motion waterbed you will have water that rolls back and forth and it doesn't breach the matress. Now if you notice that is what looks like was happening here. Instead of breaching the sea floor it just kind of rolled under the sea floor.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to triurl=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread599589/pg8#pid93430]post by spaznational[/url]

Slow down the video and if you can go frame by frame and if you look out to the front you will notice that there is sediment coming toward the camera. I have yet to see an ROV that can make sediment come toward them with the motor and stabilizers at the rear. That is one hell of a good trick if it can do that.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Interesting vid. I watched it again and again. Did a little search on Google to see if I could find any possible connection/s to the activity in the vid. Here's something that I found that might be related?

Seabed Rise Under Macondo Well Buckling Streets In New Orleans?

Toni

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I don't know why there are so many people saying that it's some how "obvious" to them how the camera tills up and down... to me.. it's the complete opposite! It's obviously the seafloor pushing up and then slamming down.. I just would like to know what it was.. Where they pumping something ? gas maybe? mud? or was it natural...... interesting indeed.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
To be completely honest, with all of the other garbage that keeps flashing over the video, I can't tell WHAT to think.

Which makes me wonder, does the person who posted the video want to confuse us and make us see something that isn't there? Or just trying to lure people to their own site? Or SO overly excited by the find that they want everyone to see the latest, most up-to-date info as quickly and easily as possible?

A clean video of the footage without all the promotional garbage would be a LOT easier to try differentiating. Otherwise, I think I'm just looking at an optical illusion.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

That sure is interesting indeed. If this is true that the oil well has something to do with the buckling roads then its a sign of something serious happening. I am not going to say it is the reason for buckling roads, but the way things have been going anything is possible. Thanks for sharing that with us.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

WOW !! Most annoying guy ever...

IF he tells me to " Watch this " one more time .............

He is ruining his own cause by being so freaking annoying...

sorry to be negative but he needs to add to his vocabulary a bit.

I mean if we are watching the video...then... OBVIOUSLY WE ARE WATCHING YOU BUDDY !!!!!!!!!

but besides that.....that was kind of weird..

something else is going on that they are not telling us.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Here is a vid about about methane eruption from the History Channel...

www.youtube.com...#!

Toni

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Antoniastar]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
"...look at that, the whole seafloor is moving up"

"...I don't know what to think, I really don't ... I don't know what that was..."

The guy contradicts himself. He is saying with assumed certainty that the seafloor is rising, then falling. Then he says he doesn't know what he just saw.
So wth is he making a claim to know something that he doesn't know of what he just saw

Kind of like the term "Late Breaking News"

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Antoniastar

That sure is interesting indeed. If this is true that the oil well has something to do with the buckling roads then its a sign of something serious happening. I am not going to say it is the reason for buckling roads, but the way things have been going anything is possible. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Hi tsurfer2000h,

Yes it is interesting, especially the timing. I hope they aren't related. You're welcome. I've been sending articles and info (and also ATS links) to a group that helps people in the Gulf coastal area, etc. for awhile now. I cannot verify all of it so she - one of the six admins of the group - checks before she shares any info.

Toni

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join