It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I emailed Erik von Daniken and got a reply - legendarytimes.com

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Thank you for the information, I will watch that alright. It is important to get the fact and I was unaware of those videos, did not search though...

Star!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gagol

I may be mistaken but I thought legendarytimes.com was basically a Giorgio A. Tsoukalos thing--not Daniken. You know who Giorgio is already; he is one of the guys interviewed on the Ancient Aliens shows.
I think Giorgio is a stand-up guy. I don't know about Daniken...

[edit on 5/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Tsoukalos is one of the people that stands to benefit from the lies and half-truths disseminated by that awful piece of programming.

He's consulted with on the majority of the interpretations of "evidence" on the program as if he is a recognized expert in the field, and doesn't hesitate to lend the most incredulous (and easily dismissed) explanations of said "evidence" you will see on the show - with the possible exception of David Hatcher Childress, whose insane ramblings make for fine comedy if you can take the whiny voice (and attitude.)

The name of Tsoukalos' rag - "Legendary Times" - gets more airtime on the series than the time allotted to all actual scholars interviewed on the entire series combined.

But, his hair makes it worthwhile to watch.

Like Von Daniken, I'm not convinced that Tsoukalos is consciously lying, he may well believe what he says.

I'm certain, however, that he is either very selective in what he's willing to research on the subject (perhaps to protect himself from becoming convinced otherwise) or, at best, simply sees no need to try and actually arrive at the truth.

Harte

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

The link you provided ask for my credit card. I don't use it online. It is not on youtube or even on major p2p sites.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gagol
reply to post by Harte

The link you provided ask for my credit card. I don't use it online. It is not on youtube or even on major p2p sites.

Sorry. I didn't look.

After all, I've seen it.

It is a NOVA/BBC Horizons program.

It should be out there somewhere.

Harte

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I looked into it, when/if I find a link I will post it here.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Gagol,

You might also try to find a transcript.

It might be easier to find.

I believe you can still order the program from PBS.

Harte

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Giorgio A. Tsoukalos has worked for Erik von Daniken in his Center for Ancient Astronaut Research for over a decade. So maybe he has to believe in what he is saying or won't have a job. That or they are both into the scam together and Giorgio is Erik's protege. I got all this info from Wikipedia so it might be right and it might be wrong.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Eric von Daniken and his books sparked my imagination as a kid. Whether or not his research and discoveries are true or not does not matter to me, as his books inspired me to search for the truth and realise that our taught history could all be a conjured up lie.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Einstein

And for that, i thank Eric and others like him.

On another note... Harte dismissing Eric and his books as fraudulent!? Such a surprise...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Erik is one of those guys that has a pleasant speaking voice for documentaries, I used to listen to the ancient astronauts show in my car on my way to work. The show was a good way to pass the time, I am not familiar with the evidence they presented or the information that was not presented from the other side. But he is an entertaining character regardless.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Here friends: www.daniken.com...

If already posted, please remove

edit on 6-8-2011 by LazloFarnsworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

If you think he his fraudulent,

Actually, he is a convicted fraud, and has served jail time for it......

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gagol

I'd think carefully before subscribing to 'Legendary Times'

On 'Ancient Aliens', the only description that comes up on screen when Giorgio A. Tsoukalos appears is that he is the magazine's publisher. He pretty much appears to make up what he says in order to move the programme's theme along.

In fact, the last issue appears to have been published in 2008. The 'current issue' link leads to nothing. You might receive back issues in return for your subscription, but it looks like nothing much else is going on.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gagol

At first you said it was his assistant who replied in the email, and then you say it was his partner?
You also say that "He" is sending you back issues...

Either way, It doesn't matter.... to me it sounds like you are affiliated to all this in some way and you're plugging him and his books.

I used to like his books and have a few of them from way back..... but they're fiction... he may not be selling them as such but they are.

Interesting theory for sure, absolutely, but the guy is not credible IMHO.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
When you listen to him in his native Language you will hear that he never say his claims are the only Truth!
He always say maybe, could be, possible, etc.!

He is very good as a Roadmarker and i remember 30 years ago i was amazed by his Books!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by Harte

Sorry. I didn't look.

After all, I've seen it.

It is a NOVA/BBC Horizons program.

It should be out there somewhere.

Harte

Well, it took me a couple of years, but here's the vid:

Harte

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hey Harte

Good find, will watch it with beverage tomorrow

Bad fringe theory never dies, good fringe theories either get accepted or fade away....which brings up a question, in the last, say 25 years, how many fringe theories have made it to the mainstream?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join