It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Methane Bubble Rupture within next 6 months?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I am unsure if anyone has posted this information, (maybe there has been, so apologies.)

Has anyone heard of the Ryskin's methane extinction theory?

The Permian extinction event, when 96% of all marine species became extinct 251 million years ago.

Has BP begun the chain reaction that will lead to another methane extinction event?

At times like these I just wished I knew much more about science about the planet and what really is going on in our world.

Please give this link a read about what has happened in the past and what could happen in the very near future.

www.spiritofmaat.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
With the way mankind is destroying this earth, we're overdue for a big methane burp. It wouldn't hurt to knock a couple of billion or so off the worlds population. Perhaps knock us back to sustainable numbers for the well being of the entire planet.

IRM

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
wished I had a penny for every thread that has
been posted about this apocalyptic methane
bubble. I could buy me a candy bar.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
With the way mankind is destroying this earth, we're overdue for a big methane burp. It wouldn't hurt to knock a couple of billion or so off the worlds population. Perhaps knock us back to sustainable numbers for the well being of the entire planet.

IRM

Just a comment... The only resouce in scarce supply on this planet is energy (and its accounting via money). There is plenty of space and resouces to support double our present population, and more.

All we need is an infinite supply of energy. ("Dark" Energy, anyone?)

As to the OP...

I do not know what the effect BP's fiasco will have, regarding methane or any other fallout. But your ideas may have validity.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by misuneko

Could this cause a core breech? Could the entire planet be turned into an asteroid belt?

If the dome collapses all the water will drop onto that hot magma under intense pressure.

But we would have some warning in advance, I assume. So we would know.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by misuneko

"At times like these I just wished I knew much more about science about the planet and what really is going on in our world. "

Scientists, doctors, authority figures generally have no idea what they are talking about. The latter has been my experience. Physicists now claim that 75% of the known Universe is "Dark Matter". None of them have any idea what dark matter is. In fact in Physics, anything labeled "Dark", (Dark matter, dark flow) just means, they have no idea what it is. So if you would like to know more about any important subject, I suggest that you meditate and ask the question to your higher self. Your higher self will never steer you wrong. Namaste.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
wished I had a penny for every thread that has
been posted about this apocalyptic methane
bubble. I could buy me a candy bar.

A Twix would be perfect since you're not 'going anywhere for awhile'

badump bump.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

IRM

Did you write Global 2000. You sound like them. Knock off a couple of Billion. Lets start with you and your family.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Yes--I am also sick of hearing about this "methane bubble"---I'd rather have read a thread about the doomsday planet x (niribu) than the methane bubble theory..

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Jesus Christ or whoever, stop with the fear mongering. Can we get just one Methane Bubble thread?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
And why would we need to double the population? Why bring us to the brink? To what end?

IRM

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmo740

IRM

Did you write Global 2000. You sound like them. Knock off a couple of Billion. Lets start with you and your family.

No point, I've got you and your family penned in as the first 'volunteers'.

IRM

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Why is this not in the predictions forum??????

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
There was a retraction by Mr. R. over this viral piece, I too posted it in the breaking gulf news.

new topics

top topics

join