It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mentioning Reptiliens....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm not sure this has been mentioned here.

He spoke on the silly sap sucker show "The View " many days ago and he slipped up and talked about " The Reptilian side of the brain"

Can't remember the exact quote, but that sums it up.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Better Mouse Trap]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
What do you mean he "slipped up"? I saw the segment, and there was nothing unusual or conspiratorial in nature about it at all.

Just because someone uses a word that some on the lunatic fringe assigns to some fantasy/conspiracy they want to believe in doesn't mean anything.....other to the folks that see shapes in the clouds and bases on the moon I guess.

"Welcome to your first day on the job, President Obama...first things first, we have to tell you about the reptilians...." Yeah, sure.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This refers to an instinctual part of the human brain, and is not a reference to an alien race.

The reptilian complex, also known as the R-complex or "reptilian brain" was the name MacLean gave to the basal ganglia, structures derived from the floor of the forebrain during development. The term derives from the fact that comparative neuroanatomists once believed that the forebrains of reptiles and birds were dominated by these structures. MacLean contended that the reptilian complex was responsible for species typical instinctual behaviors involved in aggression, dominance, territoriality, and ritual displays.

from wiki

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Pretty sure he was referencing THIS rather than some alien conspiracy theory based on a cheesy '80s sci-fi TV series.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Actually, I mentioned this in the thread about him saying "mongrels." Said I was shocked that no one here at ATS had picked up on the reptilian part

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8/3/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I posted a link to an article on Obama's mongrel comment and his reptilian brain.

But it was about this video I found in the comments.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The President mentions or alludes to "The reptilian side of the brain" and you ATS guys act like its business as usual?

You need your ATS card revoked.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Obama says 'Reptilian'

It happens at 7:18. Pretty sure he's referring to the alien race.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Folks are scared to post on this thread. Maybe some man in black will give them a ticket for pondering

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

When pointing out what was probably meant by this celeb is being ignored, there is not much left to say.

* Reptilian Brain: This is the inner most layer of the brain (also called the "primitive brain") and has the responsibility of instinctive behavior. * Limbic System: The next layer is the limbic system (also know as the "smell brain"). The "smell brain" enables emotions and processes smell and taste. This layer adds emotions to otherwise instinctive behavior. * Cerebrum: The cerebrum is the third layer (also known as the "thinking brain"). This layer has the responsibility of processing and organizing complex sensory information so we can think, remember, plan and execute actions.

Now is there?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I remember that lol

I'm shocked it took so long for this to come up. Must be because it's summertime and people are out doing fun stuff.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7916fbf5d42.jpg[/atsimg]

Couldn't help myself ......

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

I just wondered why its called that instead of primitive brain.
2nd

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Just look into the function of it. That should answer your questions. I assure you it has NOTHING to do with some woo-woo conspiracy.

If you believe so, I can give you about a dozen or so other names for everyday things that you can tie into some conspiracy fanatasy if you like......lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I've been a lurker on ATS for a while, it used to be a place for intelligent discussion and some great alternative views, but when I see more and more people swallowing ridiculous info without any research whatsoever, I cannot just lurk anymore.

As many people like to say; Wake the **** up!

From McGill University

The most efficient model for understanding the brain in terms of its evolutionary history is the famous triune brain theory developed by Paul MacLean. According to this theory, the following three distinct brains emerged successively in the course of evolution and now co-inhabit the human skull:

The reptilian brain, the oldest of the three, controls the body's vital functions such as heart rate, breathing, body temperature and balance. Our reptilian brain includes the main structures found in a reptile's brain: the brainstem and the cerebellum. The reptilian brain is reliable but tends to be somewhat rigid and compulsive.

The limbic brain emerged in the first mammals. It can record memories of behaviours that produced agreeable and disagreeable experiences, so it is responsible for what are called emotions in human beings. The main structures of the limbic brain are the hippocampus, the amygdala, and the hypothalamus. The limbic brain is the seat of the value judgments that we make, often unconsciously, that exert such a strong influence on our behaviour.

The neocortex first assumed importance in primates and culminated in the human brain with its two large cerebral hemispheres that play such a dominant role. These hemispheres have been responsible for the development of human language, abstract thought, imagination, and consciousness. The neocortex is flexible and has almost infinite learning abilities. The neocortex is also what has enabled human cultures to develop.

Ignorance is a disease in today's world, but it is easily cured. All you have to do is a little research, not take the first thing you read and attribute it as fact.

And just for the hell of it, do you really think, that "IF" Obama was a "Reptilian shapeshifter" from an advanced alien race that has been hiding secrets from us puny humans for centuries, that he would be "ignorant" enough to let something like that slip? On "The View" of all places.

Your tin foil hats may be on too tight!

As I said before c'mon people "Wake the **** up!"

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
not one of you got the message , more or less let your guard down and trust everyone, "we must fight against it", the part of the brain that tells us to be on guard of some one some thing????? i have got to see it again. will post more after. ok after seeing the vid again, he is talking about racial attitudes, how we are quick to pass judgment, and i think he has a point, just look at this thread and both sides will say "i am right" what if your wrong? some things are just what they are "face value". and yes we are quick to pass judgment,sad to say but true, i do find it interesting he would use the word "reptilian", i would have said "primal instinct"

[edit on 3-8-2010 by bekod]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Thats funny I saw that too.

I wanted to post it but forgot.

It was weird that he said that.

Like it was out of place.

The beast will be reveled soon. :L)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmo740

oh do not get me started i do not want to side track an op post/ thread, there is on here the the mark and the 666 thread, i have not had my second cup, so i am a little slow but you can find it. see you there.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Just shows how ignorant he is. There is no "reptilian side" of the brain. There was a model of the brain that referred to the basal ganglia as the reptilian complex. Note that it was not a side of the brain but a structure at the base of the forebrain. Score another one for our genius president.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by galactictuan
Obama says 'Reptilian'

It happens at 7:18. Pretty sure he's referring to the alien race.

See

top topics

<<   2 >>

join