It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by russ212
reply to post by TheOrphic

Yes he did. Once again, reading and knowing what you are talking about is important. Until you are educated of the world around you, please don't make comments to me.

en.wikipedia.org...

From Wikipedia:

The translation presented by IRNA has been challenged by Arash Norouzi, who says the statement "wiped off the map" was never made and that Ahmadinejad did not refer to the nation or land mass of Israel, but to the "regime occupying Jerusalem". Norouzi translated the original Persian to English, word for word, with the result, "the Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."[12] Juan Cole, a University of Michigan Professor of Modern Middle East and South Asian History, agrees that Ahmadinejad's statement should be translated as, "the Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad).[13]

Article

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Yes he did. Once again, reading and knowing what you are talking about is important. Until you are educated of the world around you, please don't make comments to me.

By the way, now you sound like Clinton. How do you define sexual contact.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by russ212]

Did you not read my post? Fine, I'll take quotes from your link

In a September 2008 interview with Juan Gonzalez and Amy Goodman on the radio and television program Democracy Now!, Ahmadinejad was asked: "If the Palestinian leaders agree to a two-state solution, could Iran live with an Israeli state?" and replied

If they [the Palestinians] want to keep the Zionists, they can stay ... Whatever the people decide, we will respect it. I mean, it's very much in correspondence with our proposal to allow Palestinian people to decide through free referendums.

and

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) translates the phrase similarly, as "be eliminated from the pages of history."

According to Cole, "Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian". Instead, "He did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse."

And to your witty little Clinton remark, maybe you shouldn't direct posts at me if you're going to be immature.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by TheOrphic]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

This is not bad Isreali press, The people on this thread are trying to spin it that way.

I really don't care. Just present facts, or don't say anything in my opinion.

Yes it may have been a translation error, I concede that. But hearing you state that it is western news propaganda does not convince me of anything. Propaganda can come from anywhere including you.

I am going to attempt to translate the statement myself so that I can know for sure what is said.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

There is a reason I enjoy this site. Orphic, you have learned me something new today. Didn't know that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's quote was incorrectly translated until you mentioned it and a little Google search later.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

reply to post by virgom129

This is not bad Isreali press, The people on this thread are trying to spin it that way.

I really don't care. Just present facts, or don't say anything in my opinion.

Yes it may have been a translation error, I concede that. But hearing you state that it is western news propaganda does not convince me of anything. Propaganda can come from anywhere including you.

I am going to attempt to translate the statement myself so that I can know for sure what is said.

Well, it is propaganda in a sense that people keep using that mistranslated quote to show that Iran is a monster that should be nuked.

And I have nothing to gain from propaganda, it's my country I'm fighting for, you would do the same.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
[SNIP]

i see Israel regime in this masked nick
they go kill thousand in Gaza and Lebanon last wars and then they go label themself in the US corrupted media as some princeofpeace savior of the world...that wants peace with its neighbors

some are really up side down..far from reality

[edit on 8/3/2010 by Ben81]

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on Tue Aug 3 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

You really AMAZE me. Thats all I have to say. To think that people are willing to listen to people that support Osama Bin Laden and make the war mongering remarks like that. Then try your best to defend them.

You honestly make me a little sick to my stomach.

As for the remark about Clinton. All I was trying to demonstrate was how anyone can translate anything however they want. And, they will always translate in a way that is the most beneficial to them. It was not an attack against you, but an attempt to demonstrate my translation point. If that went over your head and you took offense, I apologize for your inability to grasp simple concepts.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

But it's not over by a long shot..You can count on that..

And anyways, we discuss history on ATS all the time.

And again, if it "irks" you, LEAVE!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I guess if you lived in Nazi Germany you would fight to defend Hitler too. We are all responsible for our own actions. Simply saying I was defending my country is not enough in this day and age.

If I used your logic, I could go to the Mexico border and kill any illegal immigrant I see. Then respond I am only defending my country. It is time that people were held to a higher moral standard.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

It is time that people were held to a higher moral standard.

Totally agree with your statement....

So when do the trials start in Israel ??????????????

link   
That is funny, just before I woke up this morning I had a lucid dream... I was in the middle east and I had to take a plane back to Canada. Then I woke up and saw this news...

I wish with all my heart that the hatred in Middle-East will cease. It does not not matter who shot first, escalating violence NEVER solve violent problems.

link   

You really AMAZE me. Thats all I have to say. To think that people are willing to listen to people that support Osama Bin Laden and make the war mongering remarks like that. Then try your best to defend them.

You honestly make me a little sick to my stomach.

As for the remark about Clinton. All I was trying to demonstrate was how anyone can translate anything however they want. And, they will always translate in a way that is the most beneficial to them. It was not an attack against you, but an attempt to demonstrate my translation point. If that went over your head and you took offense, I apologize for your inability to grasp simple concepts.

War Mongering remarks? You're the one asking to wipe off Islam let me remind you, when I just want Israel to leave my damn country alone.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Over as in yeah in another month it may happen?

I mean its OVER TODAY. No war today. No more skirmishes TODAY.

And no im NOT leaving...im gonna sit here and remind you that this particular news event for TODAY is DONE!!

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by princeofpeace

But it's not over by a long shot..You can count on that..

And anyways, we discuss history on ATS all the time.

And again, if it "irks" you, LEAVE!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I guess if you lived in Nazi Germany you would fight to defend Hitler too. We are all responsible for our own actions. Simply saying I was defending my country is not enough in this day and age.

If I used your logic, I could go to the Mexico border and kill any illegal immigrant I see. Then respond I am only defending my country. It is time that people were held to a higher moral standard.

I wouldn't support someone who wiped off 6 million jews, never. When the hell did any Lebanese leader do that? If that's supposed to be about Iran, they haven't started a war for 100 years.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have not received any more messages from my brother in about 2 hours but i am sure he is ok.

Can someone summarise what has been confirmed?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Lets put this in the same frame you have been. You misinterpreted my remarks. I don't want to destroy your government, or people. Just your religion.

That is pretty much what you have been saying about Isreal right. You don't want to destroy the people or religion, just their way of life.

Funny when the the shoe is on the other foot huh.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Sorry but my source is a bunch of UN blue helmets that were in the area at the time.

So you can push me all the zionist propaganda you want all day long.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by gagol
That is funny, just before I woke up this morning I had a lucid dream... I was in the middle east and I had to take a plane back to Canada. Then I woke up and saw this news...

I wish with all my heart that the hatred in Middle-East will cease. It does not not matter who shot first, escalating violence NEVER solve violent problems.

LOL why would some quebecois like us... would go to the ME

we are not in the Canadians army

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join