It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ho!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I probably should have posted here a little while ago to introduce myself, but have neglected to do so.
I shall now introduce myself

My name is Anja, I'm from Germany but live now in the United States.
I'm seventeen (eighteen in January), but please do not judge me by my age. I know I'm a goodish bit younger than most of the other posters, but I still feel like perhaps what I have to say is valid? I feel like I'm an intelligent young lady, so I hope no one will play the age card on me.

I'm interested in all areas of this website, primarily the NWO and alien areas. I believe some of it, but remain skeptical of some things. I like to keep a close eye on the Medical Issues board, as I'm the primary caretaker of my almost two year old nephew, and I want to know what to keep an eye out for illness in him.

I can't believe I've said so much about myself, sorry! I look forward to learning, and meeting people here.

Toodle-pip~ Anja

[edit on 2-8-2010 by StasiaNoel]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
welcome.
once you've read some of the little arguments here you'll realize that maturity is optional

hope you find all answers you need.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
lol @ "What ho!"

That's what I say to solicitors who knock on my door.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

We like to get our members young so we can train them.
Just kidding.

I will most assuredly overlook your young age if you will overlook my old age. Sounds fair to me.

To be truthful I would much rather be in the company of young people than old people.

Germany is my fathers homeland.

Enjoy.

Marilyn

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

listerofsmeg posted on 2-8-2010 at 06:43 PM welcome. once you've read some of the little arguments here you'll realize that maturity is optional
hope you find all answers you need.

Haha, thank you
I love your username!

Diplomat posted on 2-8-2010 at 06:44 PM lol @ "What ho!" That's what I say to solicitors who knock on my door.

I've had a bad case of 'Wooster' lately, and have been dropping his slang thoroughly lately.

dizziedame posted on 2-8-2010 at 06:52 PM Welcome to ATS. We like to get our members young so we can train them. Just kidding.
I will most assuredly overlook your young age if you will overlook my old age. Sounds fair to me. To be truthful I would much rather be in the company of young people than old people. Germany is my fathers homeland. Enjoy.
Marilyn

I've found out your scheme!
As you say, I can overlook other's age as long as they can overlook mine.

I was born and have lived for a long time in Germany, with my mum's family.
My father is French-English. They say we Germans have no sense of humour, but I suppose the bit of English I have has given me one! (I hope)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by StasiaNoel

Welcome, Anja!

The age of a person is not something that I consider when having discussions with others. Great insight is something that can come with aging and experience. But it's also something that can be had at a young age from observation.

Many times I have been very happy to hear the wise things my grandchildren have to say about different things. There is much wisdom in youngsters. Sometimes it remains with them, other times it seems like as some people get older, the wisdom and empathy they have gets battered and coerced out of them.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Thank you

And yes, I agree. I believe we all have the capacity to say and be something meaningful.

It is unfortunate many lose that thing we are all given. Many lose their curiosity in the world, and take everything as it is. I hope to raise my nephew to always wonder. I believe it is one of the best traits people, and often-times animals seem to have.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Anja. I learned a long time ago that age and maturity are not interchangeable or comparable. Enjoy your time here, there's lots to see and learn.

[edit on 8/2/2010 by Three_moons]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Awesome. Welcome to ATS. Hope you enjoy your stay
. Oh and by the way, I'm 16 years old. I'm younger than you! I win.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
You'll realize fairly quickly that age is nothing but a numbe around these parts darlin'

Im quite a bit older than you and have been "schooled" countless times by younger members here on ATS.

It's a place like none other.

Good on you for taking care of your nephew, that shows you are already older than your years if you are capable of handling such a huge responsibility at such a young age.

Welcome to ATS, hope you find what your looking for and I certainly look forward to your contributions on the board

~Keeper

[edit on 8/2/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't often greet the introductions, but after reading yours, you just seem like the kind of intelligent and down to earth kind of members we love.

I too love the same subjects as you, so hope to see you around the mystery campus!

Edit to say I bet you have an awesome accent. Try out the PODcast area sometime!

[edit on 2-8-2010 by antar]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Ah, thank you
I'm honored.
Haha, and thank you. People seem to point out rather often that I have an accent. It makes me rather self-conscious about it, as I have trouble with English words. So I'm sure I could not record myself for that fear!

reply to post by tothetenthpower

It really is a place like none other, I have seen! I've been lurking for a while
And thank you, it is a big responsibility, but it is rewarding.
I'll certainly stick around for a while.

reply to post by muzik

Ah! We young ones have to stick together!

reply to post by Three_moons

I agree. As you cannot assume someone young is immature, you cannot assume that an adult is mature.
Thank you!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Almost in a panic, I checked out this thread. I was all but certain my ex was in the news again!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

Haha!
I do not think there is a correct way for me to reply to that.

I've been reading Wodehouse, and soaking up the slang!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
hello and welcome to the forum

new topics

top topics

join