It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq war pullout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
America have announced that they are pulling out of Iraq by the 31st of August

www.rte.ie...

Does anybody else feel that this is pointless as most of the military presence in Iraq in private hire so with America pulling out maybe they plan on employing more private hire companies to do their dirty work while not ruining their name anymore as people are starting to wake up and smell the coffee about the real agenda behind being in Iraq. This would give rise to more and more private companies offering guns for hire who will kill indriscriminatly like we have seen with "Blackwater".

Also since the BP oil spill i think alot of people have lost faith in Obama so this is another way to regain the peoples confidence in him by granting them something which many Americans want.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by kiv-93]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
its two things, regain the peoples confidence or getting the army out before Israel starts the bombing campaign hmm could be both, i really think because something else is going to happen lets see in the next 12 months, its probably something major like maybe war with North Korea or both, Israel could take Iran, the U.S.A. could take North Korea and provide support to Israel with Iran from the warships

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The army will NOT be out of Iraq in thirty days thats for sure.
It is impossible to get those troops all home in the time alloted.
I grant you a token force could be detached, but the bulk of them will remain in country.
Obama must be blowin smoke if he says theyll all be home by september...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kiv-93

Or maybe they are simply honoring an agreement signed between former President Bush and the Iraqi Government back in the last year of his Presidency that now Obama has to abide by,
Why is this even news? This was reported in February of 2009.

Obama: U.S. to withdraw most Iraq troops by August 2010

updated 1:22 p.m. EST, Fri February 27, 2009
President Obama talks about his Iraq War withdrawal plan at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, on Friday. Between 35,000 to 50,000 troops will remain in Iraq, he said. They would be withdrawn gradually until all U.S. forces are out of Iraq by December 31, 2011 -- the deadline set under an agreement the Bush administration signed with the Iraqi government last year. "Let me say this as plainly as I can: By August 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end," Obama said in a speech at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Amen to your post.

Now all the rumors of us attacking Iran or some other country can pick up speed.

I tell you I just don't understand. People wanted us out and now that we are working on that they seem to not like it.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by jam321]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiv-93

Does anybody else feel that this is pointless as most of the military presence in Iraq in private hire so with America pulling out maybe they plan on employing more private hire companies to do their dirty work while not ruining their name anymore as people are starting to wake up and smell the coffee about the real agenda behind being in Iraq.

No, the troops will just be relocated to Pakistan.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Probably need the troops for the attack on Iran - their next murderous terrorist attack.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

What im saying is that, if they are definatly moving out i think there is going to be a much larger private Mercenary presence in the counrty which could make matters worse then the actual US army being there

new topics

top topics

join